• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dominion starts serving lawsuits

More pain for Faux Noise.

On Monday, June 5, Democratic Oregon Ellen Rosenblum announced that she was conducting an investigation of Fox Corp.'s board of directors — which, she alleges, may have failed to live up to its obligations when it promoted the Big Lie. The Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund, according to the Associated Press, owns over 250,000 shares of Fox stock.

Ruby Freeman and her daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss were recently cleared of all wrong doing related to their work with vote counting. Now their defamation lawsuits are beginning against the usual suspects.

(Bloomberg) -- Rudy Giuliani was ordered to pay the attorney fees of two Georgia election workers suing him for defamation, after a judge found he failed to comply with his obligations to turn over evidence in the case.

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on....

Conservative news outlet Newsmax could be next line for a massive payout for promoting election fraud lies following Donald Trump's 2020 re-election loss.

According to a report from Rolling Stone, editors and insiders working for Newsmax confided they were both subpoenaed and ordered to turn over "mirror images of their personal cell phone, personal email, and iCloud” to lawyers working on Smartmatic' lawsuits against Newsmax and OANN.

The lawsuit alleges, Newsmax "published and/or republished false statements and implications" in online reports and through social media while also claiming "Smartmatic participated in a criminal conspiracy."

Judge lets Smartmatic expand 2020 election defamation suit against Newsmax

A Delaware judge on Wednesday rejected Newsmax’s attempt to throw out part of a defamation case brought by the election technology company Smartmatic against the right-wing network.

Smartmatic sued Newsmax after the network repeatedly aired false claims about the 2020 election — specifically the lie that the company’s software was involved in an international plot to rig the presidential election against Donald Trump. The company later updated its lawsuit to add 26 additional examples of alleged defamation, claiming it found the new material during the discovery process, when Newsmax turned over “hundreds of hours” of broadcasts.

For more unhinged pillow boy:

I can't stand watching videos, particularly of idiots and crazies. When people post them I wish they'd summarize or tell me what time to forward to.
Lindell did the typical "witch hunt, you're an ambulance chasing lawyer! Conspiracy!" incomprehensible bullshit. Basically trolling his own deposition which is...a tactic for sure.

I can't stand watching videos, particularly of idiots and crazies. When people post them I wish they'd summarize or tell me what time to forward to.
Lindell did the typical "witch hunt, you're an ambulance chasing lawyer! Conspiracy!" incomprehensible bullshit. Basically trolling his own deposition which is...a tactic for sure.
Maybe that's why I was so able to watch the entire video and why it gave me so much satisfaction. Speaking purely as an observer it was watching a brain-damaged person attempting to be comprehensible, rational, logical, reasonable, etc. but failing completely. It was fascinating, academically speaking. It was a window into an emotionally tortured and intellectually limited primitive human brain. Again, fascinating is the word, not to mention revealing.

Moar lawsuits for Faux!

Investors of the Fox Corp. networks have looked like they were going to sue the company since their court deal with Dominion Voting Systems and ongoing litigation with Smartmatic. The stock price fell after the settlement was announced.
"The lawsuit, filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery, is the most significant shareholder action since Fox settled a blockbuster defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems in April for $787.5 million. The city’s five pension funds represent nearly 800,000 current and retired workers and are worth $253 billion," the report said.

"The lawyers representing Mike Lindell in the Dominion voting machine defamation case have moved to withdraw saying Lindell is "in arrears by millions of dollars" on the legal fees he owes them."

I know almost nothing about how the super rich do this sort of thing.

But wouldn't that make the lawyers both litigants and defendents?

They want to get paid. Litigants.

They know a lot about what really happened. Defendents.

Looks like the justice system has a lot of leverage there.
Tom

Usually rich businessmen like Lindell have legal insurance. But that does not cover a client doing something flaming stupid, like repeatedly libelling and slandering Dominion. Then the legal insurance has no obligation to pay out.

Can someone be found not guilty by reason of not knowing how stupid they are? There's no defense for ignorance of the law but what about ignorance of one's own ignorance? Lindell, Trumpo and quite a few more have similar brain conditions imho.

Usually rich businessmen like Lindell have legal insurance. But that does not cover a client doing something flaming stupid, like re0eatedly libelling and slandering Dominion. Then the legal insurance has no obligation to pay out.

I've never heard of legal insurance at this level. But there's a lot about what the super rich get up to I've never heard of, much less understand.

If a bunch of lawyers representing Lindell's "legal insurance underwriters" decided to take it to court...

I'd just laugh at the outcome, probably for months or years.
Tom

This kind of news always brings me hope. How soon before he finds Jesus?
He probably had Jesus mowing his lawn... and is now likely looking for Jesus so he can apply for a job.

Can someone be found not guilty by reason of not knowing how stupid they are? There's no defense for ignorance of the law but what about ignorance of one's own ignorance? Lindell, Trumpo and quite a few more have similar brain conditions imho.
This isn't a criminal trial. He'd likely need to be found insane to avoid civil liability.

I see the IRS just put a lien on Crazy Rudy's Palm Beach property. He owes half a million dollars in unpaid taxes. The news just keeps getting better and better - at least some of the news.

Back
Top Bottom