• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

So is there going to be a fire sale on a couple of properties to pay? Or does the State of NY cease the properties in this case?
Me right now with my fingers crossed: (please, please...take his favorite building and rename it E. Jean Carroll Tower...)
Maybe there should be a competition for naming floors/function rooms in the building. "No sir, the Plumber's Convention is in this room. The First Aid Training Course is in the Barack Obama Theatre, which is on the Rosie O'Donnell floor".

Why doesn't Orange ManBaby just get Putin or Prince Chop-chop to cut him a check? No one would be surprised. It wouldn't pass the smell test but would still probably be legal.

If EJ had any compassion, she would offer Trump to waive her cash settlement in exchange for his interest in Rump Tower, the Old Post Office, Mar a Lago, Doral, and Bedminster.

Why doesn't Orange ManBaby just get Putin or Prince Chop-chop to cut him a check? No one would be surprised. It wouldn't pass the smell test but would still probably be legal.
But it might lose him the election. Losing the election will send him to jail. It’s tough.

He is exactly like the proverbial monkey with its hand stuck in a narrow necked jar of nuts because he reached in and grabbed a fistful, and won’t let go.
Except monkeys usually figure it out.

But it might lose him the election. Losing the election will send him to jail.
Then he needs to join Putin in his villa and get while the getting is good because he is going to lose.

How about...EJC has her lawyers draft a contract that says, Mr. Trump, you're into us for, what, about 90 million. We are willing to forfeit 45 million of that if you sign a statement that ALL of our client's allegations against you are true, that you assaulted her, and you knowingly defamed her. And, finally, that if you ever disavow this new declaration, that you must pay the full amount now assessed against you plus an additional $20 million that we'll call Jean's Mad Money.

I know, I must've been into the legal pot...but it would force Trump to decide which he wanted more, $45 million or winning the election.

Then he needs to join Putin in his villa and get while the getting is good because he is going to lose.
Nah. He is under the delusion that if he loses, a few thousand stupid ignorant thugs are going to depose the Biden Administration, lock up and/or execute all the libs and let him live out his 230 years in the lap of luxury.

He is probably right about the bloodbath thing; he didn’t specify whose blood. But that doesn’t mean they won’t try.

I wish I were that sanguine. Biden is behind 4 points in Pennsylvania. The same in a couple other crucial states. At this point in 2020, he had a cushy lead that lasted the rest of the election season and was usually 5 to 10%. Yes, there's seven and a half months...and Trump will have to rely on PAC ads, because the GOP will apparently be drained white by his legal bills. But...I'm going to go through a lot of Rolaids this year.

If Pootey or the Prince was one bit sure he would honor any promise to pay them back if he loses - or even if he wins - they’d probably line up to buy some cheap possible influence.

So is there going to be a fire sale on a couple of properties to pay? Or does the State of NY cease the properties in this case?
If properties are taken I certainly hope they are appraised at the values he submitted for taxation purposes and not the inflated values he submitted for obtaining loans. Likely there is some method for determining current market value. Probably separate appraisers picked by the two sides.
AFIAK there's no appraisal. Rather, whatever they sell for, minus costs, goes to the creditor in paying down what's owed. Any excess (and there rarely is--if there was it's unlikely it would get seized and sold in the first place) gets returned to the debtor.

How about...EJC has her lawyers draft a contract that says, Mr. Trump, you're into us for, what, about 90 million. We are willing to forfeit 45 million of that if you sign a statement that ALL of our client's allegations against you are true, that you assaulted her, and you knowingly defamed her. And, finally, that if you ever disavow this new declaration, that you must pay the full amount now assessed against you plus an additional $20 million that we'll call Jean's Mad Money.

I know, I must've been into the legal pot...but it would force Trump to decide which he wanted more, $45 million or winning the election.
No.

Don't forfeit the $45M. Rather, We are willing to suspend all attempts to collect the $45M if you agree that the debt exists for the rest of your life and you publicly admit the truth of all the allegations. And if you later disavow that admission we will resume collection efforts and use your previous admission against you in the new defamation trial.

And what you're missing is that this isn't a choice. Fundamentally, his only options are "win" the election, seize power and make the various charges go away, or spend the rest of his life in jail. The civil cases do not matter in the big picture.

Fundamentally, his only options are "win" the election, seize power and make the various charges go away, or spend the rest of his life in jail.
Hammer, meet nail!
When is Trump’s opposition going to start harping on it? This is not an “oh well guess I lost” situation for Trump. He will burn down the Country or off himself before going to prison.

For Biden, he has to win or go down as the president who failed to preserve democracy. Not quite as urgent, but hopefully urgent enough.

What I fear is the dog’s excuse:
“The rabbit was running for its life, I was only running for dinner.”
If you know that, take precautions! Acts of desperation are GUARANTEED.

Man, there are so many lawsuits, takes a while to find the one you are looking for.

Trump can't finance bond for appeal in NY fraud case.
article said:
"Defendants have faced what have proven to be insurmountable difficulties in obtaining an appeal bond for the full $464 million," according to an affirmation by Trump Organization general counsel Alan Garten.

While Garten said Trump is "financially stable" and maintains "substantial assets," the magnitude of the judgment would require him to use his real estate as collateral for the bond. So far, according to Garten's affirmation, no surety bond provider approached by Trump is willing to accept real estate as collateral, including Chubb, the insurance giant underwriting Trump's $91.6 million bond to cover the $83 million judgment in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case, plus interest.
The thing is, if he can't appeal, it isn't like he doesn't have to pay, the state can start seizing stuff. Odd, how banks are willing to lend on these buildings, but the insurance companies are not.
I think they can start seizing assets on the 25th of this month iirc.

If Pootey or the Prince was one bit sure he would honor any promise to pay them back if he loses - or even if he wins - they’d probably line up to buy some cheap possible influence.
What about Jared? He got 2 billion from the prince.

I forgot about the Kush. No doubt Ivanka is playing her hand well.

DO IT!
If anything is going to shake the house of cards that is now the Trumpublican Party, it will be blasting him forcibly off the pity pot he's stuck on, while paying off all those players (including a nice chunk for NYC). Removing that part of the Trump Circus just draws back the veil and forces another scramble.

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump’s lawyers told a New York appellate court Monday that it’s impossible for him to post a bond covering the full amount of a $454 million civil fraud judgment while he appeals, suggesting the former president’s legal losses have put him in a serious cash crunch.

Trump’s lawyers wrote in a court filing that “obtaining an appeal bond in the full amount” of the judgment “is not possible under the circumstances presented.” Trump claimed last year that he has “fairly substantially over $400 million in cash,” but back-to-back courtroom defeats have pushed his legal debt north of a half-billion dollars.

Citing rejections from more than 30 bond underwriters, Trump’s lawyers asked the state’s intermediate appeals court to reverse a prior ruling requiring that he post a bond covering the full amount in order to halt enforcement while he appeals the judgment in New York Attorney General Letitia James’ lawsuit.
:dancing:

"Trump’s lawyers asked the state’s intermediate appeals court to reverse a prior ruling requiring that he post a bond covering the full amount in order to halt enforcement, while he appeals the judgment"
...and then until his claim that the whole thing is an unconstitutional witch hunt is ruled on by SCOTUS, and if he loses that... hell he's had years to move all his assets, so..

"WHAT? Are you crazy? I don't have ONE million dollars, let alone 600 of them!"

If properties are taken I certainly hope they are appraised at the values he submitted for taxation purposes and not the inflated values he submitted for obtaining loans. Likely there is some method for determining current market value. Probably separate appraisers picked by the two sides.
I’ll have to try to look it up, but I thought I heard that they are not allowed to “take” properties in lieu of cash, as there is no way to value properties to the satisfaction of both parties.
So they have to force a sale. In this case, it would be the most entertaining bunch of fire sales EVER.

When the high bidder is a Russian oligarch, offering a half of the value Trump gave the bank (approx twice the value he gave the tax man), it will set the Emperor naked on the stage with nary a shred of clothing to be found.

They may have to take everything he thinks he owns, and garnish every penny that his still-operating scams can generate for decades into the future. Penniless and in prison is where he belongs. Pity that he’ll almost certainly never get there.

Back
Top Bottom