• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Donald the Orange and Family Sued in NY

$175 million isn't a small penalty for a guy that hocks awful looking sneakers.
I think you mean hawks sneakers. They're not worth jack to a pawnbroker. :)
Anyhow, it's the lack of explanation that really bothers me. When the judgment was rendered, a complete and reasoned justification was provided. Here? Nothing. It stinks. Even if there is nothing untoward going on the court should be mindful of appearances, but apparently that's passé in American justice.

There are properties they could attach that would devastate Trump -- his golf resorts, Trump Tower -- and there might be a number of attachments, because some (many?) Trump properties are mortgaged and have creditors to pay off. He will be berserk as the process goes on, and the attractive side of that is how completely self-absorbed his speeches will become -- even more so than now, no matter how impossible that sounds. This is the side of Trump that will not bring on the independent voter. They'll see through his bloated claims about his own wealth (which were also at the core of his fraud conviction) and they'll hear nothing from him that sounds like a plan for the country. It will be the shrieking of a selfish little boy. I don't see him as having any self-control over the side of him that wallows in self-pity and fantasies of revenge. We could very well see the deepest, darkest side of Donald if they start to take his treasures away.
I hope.

It is worth noting that when Trump's career was revived with his "reality" show, he went from owning buildings to licensing his brand name to buildings he didn't own. A lot of his wealth went from being wrapped up in brick and mortar properties to having properties with his name plastered on the front. The physical buildings he still owns are (apparently) leveraged to the hilt, and Trump is wroth a lot on paper, but is cash poor.

More importantly, though (as you've correctly pointed out), his own personal worth - not the dollar about, but what it means to him - is wrapped up in his "treasures" like Trump Tower and Mar A Lardo. These are not just entries on a spread sheet for him. They are a huge part of his identity as a "billionaire." He thinks they're worth a lot more than they really are...not because of location or actual value...but because they are "Trump properties." I'm looking forward to seeing what they actually sell for vs what he claimed they were worth.

Leticia James is Khan.

They can't touch Mara Lago though as it's in FL.

I think you mean hawks sneakers.
Ah... so that is how you speel it. ;)
They're not worth jack to a pawnbroker. :)
Or probably pig farmers.
Anyhow, it's the lack of explanation that really bothers me. When the judgment was rendered, a complete and reasoned justification was provided. Here? Nothing. It stinks. Even if there is nothing untoward going on the court should be mindful of appearances, but apparently that's passé in American justice.
I'm not shocked. It was a large judgment in a near unprecedented type of case. So, near $200 million, that is still a lot of money. Maybe not to you (?), but most people, included those overleveraged.

The debt still belongs to Trump. The building will belong to New York.
So if a building worth 100 million has a 70 million dollar note, New York gets 100 million and Orange Loser still owes the 70 million to the lender? Is that right? That sounds perfect to me.

The debt still belongs to Trump. The building will belong to New York.
So if a building worth 100 million has a 70 million dollar note, New York gets 100 million and Orange Loser still owes the 70 million to the lender? Is that right? That sounds perfect to me.
No, it won't. The lender will still get paid (SNDA). NY can sell the building and retain any equity, but they don't get to stiff the lender.

The full judgment amount still stands.

The full judgment amount still stands.
Yes, my intent wasn't to say the fine has been reduced, I was suggesting that it likely will be.

If appearances were worth a dime, Judge Cannon would be nowhere near the documents case, and the fact that she's not been removed at this point is just...stunning.

That said, while I'm disappointed that they cut 300 mil off the bond, 175 is still probably more than Trump can finagle in 10 days by himself. Note that his "generous offer" was 100 million, which means he felt that - if pressed - he could round up that much in short order.

The real sting from NY is that in the hush money trial, the courts said "no, sir...we'll be starting at the appointed date. Please be prepared and be on time for your court appointment."

Anyone know if Trump has the option of attending or not attending, since this isn't a civil trial? I'd love it if he felt free to storm out of the courtroom like in the EJC trial -- that's gotta make a jury hate him.

The real sting from NY is that in the hush money trial, the courts said "no, sir...we'll be starting at the appointed date. Please be prepared and be on time for your court appointment."
Were tears rolling down their faces when they told him that? (couldn't resist)

There are properties they could attach that would devastate Trump -- his golf resorts, Trump Tower -- and there might be a number of attachments, because some (many?) Trump properties are mortgaged and have creditors to pay off. He will be berserk as the process goes on, and the attractive side of that is how completely self-absorbed his speeches will become -- even more so than now, no matter how impossible that sounds. This is the side of Trump that will not bring on the independent voter. They'll see through his bloated claims about his own wealth (which were also at the core of his fraud conviction) and they'll hear nothing from him that sounds like a plan for the country. It will be the shrieking of a selfish little boy. I don't see him as having any self-control over the side of him that wallows in self-pity and fantasies of revenge. We could very well see the deepest, darkest side of Donald if they start to take his treasures away.
I hope.

It is worth noting that when Trump's career was revived with his "reality" show, he went from owning buildings to licensing his brand name to buildings he didn't own. A lot of his wealth went from being wrapped up in brick and mortar properties to having properties with his name plastered on the front. The physical buildings he still owns are (apparently) leveraged to the hilt, and Trump is wroth a lot on paper, but is cash poor.

More importantly, though (as you've correctly pointed out), his own personal worth - not the dollar about, but what it means to him - is wrapped up in his "treasures" like Trump Tower and Mar A Lardo. These are not just entries on a spread sheet for him. They are a huge part of his identity as a "billionaire." He thinks they're worth a lot more than they really are...not because of location or actual value...but because they are "Trump properties." I'm looking forward to seeing what they actually sell for vs what he claimed they were worth.

Leticia James is Khan.

They can't touch Mara Lago though as it's in FL.

Every legal opinion I’ve read contradicts your assertion. The NY prosecutor can file in any jurisdiction in any state.

And more indirect threats:

Why isn't this guy in solitary?

Trump Lashes Out on Truth Social Ahead of Big Legal Week | Politics | U.S. News
notes

Truth Details | Truth Social - Mar 25, 2024, 6:41 AM
Crooked Pols!!! There should be no FINE. Did nothing wrong! Why should I be forced to sell my “babies” because a CORRUPT NEW YORK JUDGE & A.G. SET A FAKE AND RIDICULOUS NUMBER. “TAKE HIS CASH SO THAT HE CAN’T USE IT TO DEFEAT HIS POLITICAL OPPONENT, CROOKED JOE BIDEN.” ELECTION INTERFERENCE, ALL HEADED UP BY THE WHITE HOUSE - THIS INCLUDES FANI AND THE CORRUPT MANHATTAN D.A. BRAGG ADMITTED THERE WAS NO CRIME, WAS MORTIFIED BY WHAT MARK POMERANTZ DID - AND HE SHOULD BE. WITCH HUNT!

Truth Details | Truth Social - Mar 24, 2024, 9:10 PM
Why should a Crooked, highly political New York Judge, Arthur Engoron, working in concert and coordination with an even more Corrupt Attorney General, Letitia “Peekaboo” James, his Puppet Master, and the White House, be allowed to take away, and sell off, very successful properties and assets that took me years to zone, build and nurture into some of the best of their kind anywhere in the World - WHEN I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG! These Radical Left Lunatics and Communists ask me to pay a ridiculous and completely unheard of fine of over $450,000,000 only because they saw a similar amount in my bank account. I had intended to use much of that hard earned money on running for President. They don’t want me to do that — ELECTION INTERFERENCE!

Someone needs to change his diapers.

The Seizure Sixteen: Which Of These Trump Assets Should Get Seized First - Above the Law - "After a thrilling first round, let's get to voting to see who advances in the 'Which Trump Asset Should We Seize' competition."

The page's readers can vote on which ones to seize. All the properties are paired, and one votes for one of each pair. One then repeats this process until there is only 1 left: 16, then 8, then 4, then 2, then 1.

GOLF REGION
(1) Bedminster v. (4) Palm Beach
(2) Turnberry v. (3) Washington, DC
BUILDINGS REGION
(1) Trump Tower v. (4) 1 Central Park
(2) 40 Wall v. (3) Trump Plaza
HOTELS/ESTATES REGION
(1) Mar-a-Lago v. (5) Trump Residences Bali
(2) Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago v. (3) Trump Hotel Vegas
RIDICULOUS SIDE HUSTLE REGION
(1) Truth Social v. (4) Sam Alito
(2) The Plane v. (6) The Shoes

So far, nobody has put up a bond for Donald Trump. But it's 5 more days to go, and Trump has already gotten some last-minute bailouts.

The Seizure Sixteen: Which Of These Trump Assets Should Get Seized First - Above the Law - "After a thrilling first round, let's get to voting to see who advances in the 'Which Trump Asset Should We Seize' competition."

The page's readers can vote on which ones to seize. All the properties are paired, and one votes for one of each pair. One then repeats this process until there is only 1 left: 16, then 8, then 4, then 2, then 1.

GOLF REGION
(1) Bedminster v. (4) Palm Beach
(2) Turnberry v. (3) Washington, DC
BUILDINGS REGION
(1) Trump Tower v. (4) 1 Central Park
(2) 40 Wall v. (3) Trump Plaza
HOTELS/ESTATES REGION
(1) Mar-a-Lago v. (5) Trump Residences Bali
(2) Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago v. (3) Trump Hotel Vegas
RIDICULOUS SIDE HUSTLE REGION
(1) Truth Social v. (4) Sam Alito
(2) The Plane v. (6) The Shoes

So far, nobody has put up a bond for Donald Trump. But it's 5 more days to go, and Trump has already gotten some last-minute bailouts.
Y’know what?
I’m gonna sit on my spare $175,000,000.00 until an hour or so before default, then I’m going to demand that upon election, he must give me California. I don’t think I could even get Wyoming if I bailed him out today.

Seriously, can you imagine how the promises are escalating, even as I type this?

Alina Habba Rages at People Wishing Trump Had To Sell Assets
JESSE WATTERS: Do you think Tish James and Judge Ergeron (sic) do they do they feel ashamed, a little embarrassed? Have they felt, I don’t know, maybe that they overreached a little bit after this decision.

ALINA HABBA: Well, that would mean that they have a moral compass or a conscience, and I don’t feel that that exists.

People that go on TV censor Donald Trump, shut him off when he’s speaking, want to act like he’s about to go broke, want to act like he’s poor. And that’s why he couldn’t get a bond that no private company has ever been asked to get with no cash equivalents other than cash, marketable securities.

People that get excited for that, they don’t have a conscience, Jesse.

But, you know, I hope she took a little piece of humble pie today because that’s what was served to her. Just a little. But we’ll be we’ll be serving a lot more of that in the next couple of years.

JESSE WATTERS: And, she’ll be eating humble pie. You’ll be having birthday cake. We hear it’s your birthday. So happy birthday.

ALINA HABBA: Thank you, Jesse. Thank you.

JESSE WATTERS: All right. Behave yourself.
What a sight to see, Trumpies squealing.

Alina Habba Rages at People Wishing Trump Had To Sell Assets
JESSE WATTERS: Do you think Tish James and Judge Ergeron (sic) do they do they feel ashamed, a little embarrassed? Have they felt, I don’t know, maybe that they overreached a little bit after this decision.

ALINA HABBA: Well, that would mean that they have a moral compass or a conscience, and I don’t feel that that exists.

People that go on TV censor Donald Trump, shut him off when he’s speaking, want to act like he’s about to go broke, want to act like he’s poor. And that’s why he couldn’t get a bond that no private company has ever been asked to get with no cash equivalents other than cash, marketable securities.

People that get excited for that, they don’t have a conscience, Jesse.

But, you know, I hope she took a little piece of humble pie today because that’s what was served to her. Just a little. But we’ll be we’ll be serving a lot more of that in the next couple of years.

JESSE WATTERS: And, she’ll be eating humble pie. You’ll be having birthday cake. We hear it’s your birthday. So happy birthday.

ALINA HABBA: Thank you, Jesse. Thank you.

JESSE WATTERS: All right. Behave yourself.
What a sight to see, Trumpies squealing.
So Trump couldn’t get a bond because people went on TV and said he’s broke. Not because no financial institution will trust him; not because his equity in his properties is a small fraction of what he claims. It’s because people went on TV.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if that were true? The ultimate liar being screwed over by other people’s lies. Alas, it’s just another lie.

Back
Top Bottom