• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

EAC: We're doing a good job!

Have never called you a troll
Have never neg repped you
I don't think he's a troll in the classic sense. I think he actually believes the stupid shit he says, which actually makes it worse in a lot of ways.

I did neg rep him for that post though, because he's whining about it. ;)

And i am very serious. I read, I consider. You and others keep assigning malign intent to my curiosity, which turns out to be bearing false witness again. Tsk tsk tsk. You should not say words about me that are not true. Your god does not like that.

And seriously, these questions are quite genuine. It’s like a book I read and actually care about the plot line and it’s problems and you condemn me for discussing it?

So bizarre. I don’t follow your line of thought there.

Listen. I'm gonna hit the re-set button on several people here whose posts I stopped engaging with because they;
- call you a troll one minute then proceed to act as though they want a sincere discussion with the troll.
- privately drop abusive negative reps on you describing you as a forum pariah and wonder why I don't reply to their posts.
- sucker punch you with feigned interest in discussing the text of scripture then trash the discussion.

There's nothing more pointless than explaining your take on scripture to someone who doesn't care.

What about people who constantly bear false witness, accuse atheists of being pedophiles, mentally ill, drug addicts, hedonistic, and suicidal, people who taunt atheists about going to hell, and people who act like smug, superior buttholes all the time? Are you going to hit the reset button on people like that as well?
The reset button would probably have to involve a large 2x4.

And i am very serious. I read, I consider. You and others keep assigning malign intent to my curiosity, which turns out to be bearing false witness again. Tsk tsk tsk. You should not say words about me that are not true. Your god does not like that.

And seriously, these questions are quite genuine. It’s like a book I read and actually care about the plot line and it’s problems and you condemn me for discussing it?

Listen. I'm gonna hit the re-set button on several people here whose posts I stopped engaging with because they;
- call you a troll one minute then proceed to act as though they want a sincere discussion with the troll.
- privately drop abusive negative reps on you describing you as a forum pariah and wonder why I don't reply to their posts.
- sucker punch you with feigned interest in discussing the text of scripture then trash the discussion.

There's nothing more pointless than explaining your take on scripture to someone who doesn't care.

You honestly don't see yourself acting similarly?

What helps me is to ask myself if I'm acting out my emotions or being rational. There is a difference. Granted, it is a challenge to leave our emotions out of discussions, to be in control of them and to know when they're getting the better of us. But only dispassionate discourse achieves communication and understanding. Emotions are the enemy, and should only be consciously called upon as a tool, not instinctively undertaken.

Have never feigned interest in a discussion.

You are bearing false witness against me, FTR.

I don't claim you have neg repped me or called me a troll. And as for feigning (disingenuous) interest in an arguendo discussion about some biblical or theological topic, I don't accuse you of deliberately doing that either.

Here's my position. https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...tions-you-know&p=632492&viewfull=1#post632492

Anyway, as I said, I've hit the reset button because I've been away for 6 months and I'm starting over from scratch.

Have never feigned interest in a discussion.

You are bearing false witness against me, FTR.

I don't claim you have neg repped me or called me a troll. And as for feigning (disingenuous) interest in an arguendo discussion about some biblical or theological topic, I don't accuse you of deliberately doing that either.

Here's my position. https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...tions-you-know&p=632492&viewfull=1#post632492

Anyway, as I said, I've hit the reset button because I've been away for 6 months and I'm starting over from scratch.

??? You're saying you don't claim any of the things you just claimed? as you replied to my post, but none of it was about me? And to demonstrate that you link to another post where you replied to me?

mmmm... okay? Remedial communications training indicated.

You're saying you don't claim any of the things you just claimed? as you replied to my post, but none of it was about me? And to demonstrate that you link to another post where you replied to me?

Story checks out. I mean, he's always debated like it's a game of keenp-away, so that's how he protests, too.

Listen.
I'm not complaining about or protesting atheist forums doing what they have always done. (YAWN)

I just don't want anyone sitting there wondering why I don't respond to their posts.

Listen.
I'm not complaining about or protesting atheist forums doing what they have always done. (YAWN)

I just don't want anyone sitting there wondering why I don't respond to their posts.

Have a go at 323.

Why? I don't want to turn this into a big psychodrama with Rhea or anyone else.
But since you asked...

No. I don't.
I don't want to engage in the very type of discussions that I've just gotten thru denouncing as a waste of time. And I wouldn't want to have a discussion with the person I've just neg repped or labelled a troll.

So why would anyone who sees me as an uneducated #@§€!! disingenuous liar be bothered by the fact that don't reply to their posts?

But since you asked...

No. I don't.
I don't want to engage in the very type of discussions that I've just gotten thru denouncing as a waste of time. And I wouldn't want to have a discussion with the person I've just neg repped or labelled a troll.

So why would anyone who sees me as an uneducated #@§€!! disingenuous liar be bothered by the fact that don't reply to their posts?

I don't see you as that, I see you as being here to mostly troll, not discuss.

For the record, I've never neg-repped anyone. But people do troll, some much more than others. In my view a troll happens because they're all about being emotional. People shouldn't respond to trolls except to get an emotional fix because responding to a troll as a troll doesn't accomplish anything positive. It is possible to be accurate and rational and unemotional. And it's not all psychodrama or something binary. We all troll from time to time.

But if you honestly do not see yourself doing the same negative things you accuse others of doing I suppose I should put you on ignore like I have others, Half-life being the most recent. You certainly troll because many, if not most of your responses do not further the discussion, even if it's agreeing to disagree. You come across as knowing everything, never self-questioning, never saying "maybe I'm wrong." You don't seem that interested in what other people have to say or what motivated and motivates their beliefs.

OK
That's cool.
I'll add you to the ignore list.
I wouldn't want you to waste your time with this particular troll.
Bye :)

See, that's what I mean about disingenuous (bad faith) dialogue.
Ask Lion IRC (twice) to answer a question.
Lion IRC (foolishly) takes the bait and answers.

...gets told oh yeah well I still think you're a troll who never discusses stuff.

But since you asked...

No. I don't.

Are they “bothered” by it? Or are they just noting it?

In truth, many of us realize that for every one person responding on the thread, there are 10-20 more reading it. And so, for the sake of discussion and following where the conversation might go, we engage with what is on the page even if all it does is set context for the detailed conversation while contributing nothing of substance. Exploring ideas is neat. Sometimes you need someone to play devil’s advocate so taht certain ideas have a context for discussion, and sometimes the completely sincere advocate shows up in his own chariot for you.

Last edited:
But since you asked...

No. I don't.

Neg rep for incessant whining.

And for the record, if I see you posting bullshit, I will call you out on it. Based on your posting history, I have no expectation that you are here to respond and engage with the intention of furthering meaningful conversation. You never have, and I don't expect you ever will do those things.

I don't see you as that, I see you as being here to mostly troll, not discuss.

For the record, I've never neg-repped anyone. But people do troll, some much more than others. In my view a troll happens because they're all about being emotional. People shouldn't respond to trolls except to get an emotional fix because responding to a troll as a troll doesn't accomplish anything positive. It is possible to be accurate and rational and unemotional. And it's not all psychodrama or something binary. We all troll from time to time.

But if you honestly do not see yourself doing the same negative things you accuse others of doing I suppose I should put you on ignore like I have others, Half-life being the most recent. You certainly troll because many, if not most of your responses do not further the discussion, even if it's agreeing to disagree. You come across as knowing everything, never self-questioning, never saying "maybe I'm wrong." You don't seem that interested in what other people have to say or what motivated and motivates their beliefs.

Thank you.

But since you asked...

No. I don't.

And for the record, if I see you posting bullshit, I will call you out on it. Based on your posting history, I have no expectation that you are here to respond and engage with the intention of furthering meaningful conversation. You never have, and I don't expect you ever will do those things.

Yeah, yeah. You keep on saying that over and over and over. (Ironic whining.)
I wouldn't keep attempting to engage in "meaningful conversation" with someone if I felt that way about them.
Bye

I wouldn't keep attempting to engage in "meaningful conversation" with someone if I felt that way about them.
Bye

Once again: we engage because you are not entitled to spew senseless comments to the rest of our readership uncorrected. That is why we “engage,” with your repeated falsehoods about and insults to atheists.

But you know this, we’ve told you already.

Sometimes someone comes into the yard and does a thing, and you have to clean up the poop that’s not even yours because you are expecting guests later.

Bye

As I just said, I don't respond to your posts because I think I can get you to engage. I post because I think it is important to call out bullshit for what it is. There are plenty of people who read these forums, and not everyone has a good understanding of the topics that are discussed. Challenging blatant misinformation is the right thing to do, and the world would be a much worse place if we all felt apathetic about defending the facts.

For example, you had recently asserted that fossil fuels should be considered evidence for the Biblical flood. You didn't elaborate why, you just made the claim and ran away. As anyone with even the most basic understanding of geology and the history of our planet would be aware, this claim is bullshit. So I posted a response explaining why your assertion is nonsense. You never came back to defend your claim, and you never do. You make bullshit claims and you run away, and then you come back to repeat those same claims at a later date, as if the claim had not been refuted. I think we can infer a lot about your intentions from this behavior.

Bye

Once again: we engage because you are not entitled to spew senseless comments to the rest of our readership uncorrected. That is why we “engage,” with your repeated falsehoods about and insults to atheists.

But you know this, we’ve told you already.

Sometimes someone comes into the yard and does a thing, and you have to clean up the poop that’s not even yours because you are expecting guests later.

Nope.
There's a perfectly good thread topic and it's not "Lion IRC".

Calling me a liar or a troll or a nasty person who hurts atheists feelings is NEVER the thread topic but that's all some folks want to fixate on.

And you don't get to flame me with ad homs and then complain that I "ran away" and never answered your totally sincere, well-intentioned question about how fossil fuels might have been created by billions and billions of tons of carbon-based life drowning and sinking to the bottom of the ocean and being buried under billions and billions more tons of Flood sediment.

BTW - why do you keep referring to yourself as "we" "our" "us" ?

Back
Top Bottom