• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Easter questions - sabbath day restriction from tomb-sitting

According to Christians Jesus ended the Old Testament aka Leviticus and Mosaic law ad created a New Testament between god and people.
According to Matthew 5:17-18 Jesus himself explicitly and emphatically says exactly the opposite.

It's contradicrions all the way down.

According to Matthew 5:17-18 Jesus didn't "end the Old Testament".

So there's no contradiction.

According to Christians Jesus ended the Old Testament aka Leviticus and Mosaic law ad created a New Testament between god and people.
According to Matthew 5:17-18 Jesus himself explicitly and emphatically says exactly the opposite.

Yes, that's what I just said.
Yes, there very obviously is.

Have you consulted a neurologist? You seem to struggle with long term memory. Or perhaps you just don't recall anything about context when that doesn't suit your purposes.

Yes, that's what I just said.

I know.
I saw what you wrote.

Yes, there very obviously is.

You cited a verse from the bible which contradicts steve_bank's mistaken belief that the bible says Jesus "ended the Old Testament".

Your verse contradicts him.

Have you consulted a neurologist? You seem to struggle with long term memory.

Is that how you 'win' arguments?
Your opponent disagrees with you so they must have mental health issues.

You cited a verse from the bible which contradicts steve_bank's mistaken belief that the bible says Jesus "ended the Old Testament".
According to Christians Jesus ended the Old Testament aka Leviticus and Mosaic law ad created a New Testament between god and people. Dietary rules no longer applied.

steve_bank doesn't express the belief "that the bible says Jesus 'ended the Old Testament'"

He points out that "According to Christians Jesus ended the Old Testament"; And that this is why Old Testament "Dietary rules no longer applied".

We observe that the vast majority of Christians today do indeed consider the OT dietary rules to be inapplicable to Christians (whether or not this belief arises directly from the Bible is for them to decide). We also observe that the vast majority of Christians accept that Matthew 5:17-18 is a direct quote from Jesus himself.

This is an obviously contradictory position to take. That you are determined to find a way not to notice the contradiction does not make it go away.

Is that how you 'win' arguments?
Your opponent identifies a contradiction, so you 'forget' how the conversation started, and hope that they, and the audience, will too?

Because if you genuinely did forget, I genuinely worry for your neurological health.

Back
Top Bottom