• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elizabeth Warren Promises to Have a Trans Student Approve Her Education Secretary Pick

Metaphor

Banned
Banned
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...udent-approve-her-pick-for-education-n2560425

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) vowed she will have the person she picks to be the Secretary of Education to be interviewed by a trans student and will only proceed with the nomination if they approve of her choice.

Warren said she came up with the idea when she was asked about the issue by 9-year-old trans student Jacob Lemay during CNN's "Equality Town Hall" in October.

"It came from a young trans person who asked about welcoming community, and I said, 'It starts with a Secretary of Education who has a lot to do with where we spend our money, with what gets advanced in our public schools, with what the standards are.' And I said, 'I’m going to have a Secretary of Education that this young trans person interviews, on my behalf, and only if this person believes that our Secretary of Education nominee is truly as committed to creating a welcoming environment, a safe environment, and a full educational curriculum for everyone, will that person be actually advanced to be Secretary of Education,'" Warren explained.

Still, a 9 year old with gender dysphoria, or coached to believe he has it, is probably no more or less qualified to pick the Secretary of Education than Warren is. In fact, the fact that she thinks a 9 year old has better judgment than her....is a sign that a 9 year old has better judgment than her.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julio...udent-approve-her-pick-for-education-n2560425

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) vowed she will have the person she picks to be the Secretary of Education to be interviewed by a trans student and will only proceed with the nomination if they approve of her choice.

Warren said she came up with the idea when she was asked about the issue by 9-year-old trans student Jacob Lemay during CNN's "Equality Town Hall" in October.

"It came from a young trans person who asked about welcoming community, and I said, 'It starts with a Secretary of Education who has a lot to do with where we spend our money, with what gets advanced in our public schools, with what the standards are.' And I said, 'I’m going to have a Secretary of Education that this young trans person interviews, on my behalf, and only if this person believes that our Secretary of Education nominee is truly as committed to creating a welcoming environment, a safe environment, and a full educational curriculum for everyone, will that person be actually advanced to be Secretary of Education,'" Warren explained.

Still, a 9 year old with gender dysphoria, or coached to believe he has it, is probably no more or less qualified to pick the Secretary of Education than Warren is. In fact, the fact that she thinks a 9 year old has better judgment than her....is a sign that a 9 year old has better judgment than her.

Your post is certainly yet another sign of your own misogyny.

Also you seem to understand the concept of necessary vs sufficient only when it suits your POV.

Oh, really? Show your work.

Also you seem to understand the concept of necessary vs sufficient only when it suits your POV.

Oh, really? Show your work.

Both of your conclusions are wrong, so I'd like to see how you get there.

Warren: says something stupid
Metaphor: criticizes her for it
Toni: MISOGYNY!!!111!!!

So you think vetting a SecEd by a 9 year old supposed "trans" kid should be a necessary condition?

So Warren is appropriating the eastern tradition of the court eunuch. Celebrate diversity.

She didn't promise to have "a trans student" review her pick. She promised to let this one kid that. This is like that time Obama invited "a plumber" to the White House for a beer. You know, not just some random person, but a person whose life experiences struck him/her as relevant to consideration.

Metaphor said:
It seems a bit silly of a promise, but Stephen Miller and Jared Kuschner and Ivanka Trump are creating US policy, so the 9 year old transgender student would easily be a step up.

Metaphor said:
It seems a bit silly of a promise, but Stephen Miller and Jared Kuschner and Ivanka Trump are creating US policy, so the 9 year old transgender student would easily be a step up.
Well, the Evil Overlord Rules do direct having a 5 year old review plans to see if they're stupid. Maybe she needs a 5 year old to choose the 9 year old?

The op is just another example of histrionic hyperbole as is typical for its author.

Note the phrase "to pick," no. Apparently, if the story is true, the trans person would take part in vetting the candidate for Secretary same as others, having a sort of veto role.

and so on:
In fact, the fact that she thinks a 9 year old has better judgment than her....is a sign that a 9 year old has better judgment than her.

Again, a trans kid would be participating in a process. Not replacing Warren at all.

So, let's say Warren does a thorough job selecting person A, person B, and person C. She shows person A to the trans child. Trans child asks questions, i.e. vets the candidate for Sec and says she is too transphobic. So, Elizabeth then moves to candidate B, another seemingly qualified candidate. The trans child then asks some more questions and finds that in addition to regular qualifiications Elizabeth has found, that the candidate is also not going to be a jerk re:trans rights.

Now, do I think this is a little wacky because the age? (which will probably be 11 later by the time this happens). Sure.

But is it the kind of hyperbole and misconstruing histrionics from the op author calls it?

Nope.

Metaphor said:
I wanted to add, based on Don2's post's reflections, was that this child would be vetting a candidate, not selecting, nor creating any policy (unlike the Trump family). And certainly no one Warren (or the remaining candidates) would select would be deemed unsuitable.

where does it say that the 9 year old picks the candidate? It says that the 9 year old gets to interview the candidate and if they believe the person will be welcoming to diversity, then Warren would advance the candidate.

You do see the difference between picking something out and approving something that someone else picked out, right?

Here's a hint... if something sounds too incredibly stupid to be real, then it probably isn't and you might serve yourself well to take another look and adjust your bias to allow the real information in past your "us versus them" filters.

where does it say that the 9 year old picks the candidate? It says that the 9 year old gets to interview the candidate and if they believe the person will be welcoming to diversity, then Warren would advance the candidate.

You do see the difference between picking something out and approving something that someone else picked out, right?

Here's a hint... if something sounds too incredibly stupid to be real, then it probably isn't and you might serve yourself well to take another look and adjust your bias to allow the real information in past your "us versus them" filters.

But the thing is, even with all that clarification, it is still incredibly stupid to give a 9 year old veto power over who will be hired for this position.

What do you want for dinner Gun Nut? The options are infinity provided by me, but the ultimate choice is yours no?

But the thing is, even with all that clarification, it is still incredibly stupid to give a 9 year old veto power over who will be hired for this position.

if you say it that way, maybe... but the way you say it is as if "veto power" was absolute and unbound. A common bit of dishonesty from the losing end of an argument.. get absolute.. put "all" in front of statements.. build that strawman out of a lack of context and stretching of context to "everything".
What warren clearly and unambiguously said was that if HER pick passes the kid's test of being inclusive to diversity, only then would she advance the candidate.

Maybe it wasn't the smartest way to phrase the sentiment...she could have just said, "I could use your opinion when picking my Education secretary".. would that phrasing have made you feel less uncomfortable? How about, "I could use your opinion... and if you feel they can't be respectful of diversity then I would have a hard time moving them forward".
better now?

Ah, but you'd think it was clever if your guy did it. (If you were American that is; we like publicity stunts, and arguing about them pointlessly)

Back
Top Bottom