• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Faith isn't declining among millennials — religion is

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/21/5624958/millennials-might-be-talking-to-god-more-than-we-thought
fwiw I see this as a good thing. I agree with the millenials that organized religion, in America anyway, has become more about politics than about faith. That's also why I left organized religion.

Faith in what? That is the question. If people believe that is not the question, such spirituality will slowly but surely wind down, progressively losing all wind in its sails, and settling down like an autumn leaf on the ground, with more a whimper than a punch... In contrast to TalkFreethought which is full of those who thundered down with a blast. I'd prefer your way if I could have, since our landing has been much more painful.

There is a diff between religion and faith - esp organized religion and faith - faith is what a child has - a pure heart full of love and a hope that there is a being somewhere that cares about him or her - organized religion has put this being to work for their religion - you get heaven only if you belong to x religion or else! The grand being who made this huge universe apparantly all he cares about is what you religion you belong to or not - can we get any more primitive? In the 21st century no less

There is only one Faith, religions are many

Many religions preach that only they are going to heaven - billions of men, women, children, babies, families with loved ones cast into hell - raped, beaten, tortured for the "crime" of not sharing in these peoples' delusions - one would think that would disgust any right-thinking person, apprantly not
That's to teach you that you aren't going to hell, although your path may be corrected. Everyone can see that sending people to hell for the wrong beliefs, as long as they aren't harming or hurting others, is wrong.

I'm waiting for the really important statistic - what percentage claim that god talks back to them, and what does he say?
:cool:

Easy, don't you think? lol - just ask a believer - Sugar Daddy is waiting - all the good stuff is waiting for him - he is going to just sit back and take it easy for eternity - God is nothing but a meal-ticket to these people running away from having to work for a living

"Faith is like a piece of blank paper whereon you may write as well one miracle as another." ~ Charles Blount (1654-1693)

Back
Top Bottom