• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fake News

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I read somewhere that Donald Trump is now our president.
Obviously fake news. The Donald says don't trust the media, so I won't.
#FAKENEWS

#FAKENEWS
To get all Clintonian about it, please define "our", as in "our president."

#FAKENEWS
To get all Clintonian about it, please define "our", as in "our president."

... can't say ... must ask the Definer in Chief as soon as he get done counting protestors with his tiny fingers.

Fake news became fake as soon as the internet was opened to the public. Before that, news was just what you were supposed to believe - to maintain order. It half way worked. Now, anyone with a $50 laptop can influence more people than CNN on any given day. They can lead millions to believe anything. Something about that doesn't sit right with me. Giving every single one of these assholes a camera was a really bad idea. It seems to have backfired on the man. The camera thing. Do you understand what I am saying. Or maybe it hasn't.

#FAKENEWS
Reagan said, trust but verify. If we ask someone what time it is, we are to trust but follow up and verify. Seems like a very diplomatically professional coverup for distrust, but it's certainly more pleasing to the ear.

Trump says don't trust, and given their pennchant for discoloration, seems quite sensible, but that doesn't preclude verification. If CNN tells you it's 2:00, be careful. Ya might wanna check your clock and call someone in the next time zone and do the math.

#FAKENEWS
Reagan said, trust but verify. If we ask someone what time it is, we are to trust but follow up and verify. Seems like a very diplomatically professional coverup for distrust, but it's certainly more pleasing to the ear.

Trump says don't trust, and given their pennchant for discoloration, seems quite sensible, but that doesn't preclude verification. If CNN tells you it's 2:00, be careful. Ya might wanna check your clock and call someone in the next time zone and do the math.
For a guy that lied dozens of times in each Presidential Debate, I don't see where in the hell you are seeing this faith in Trump for. His inauguration cited "carnage" in the US that doesn't actually exist.

And we are supposed to not verify his Administration's shit?

#FAKENEWS

I think you have it backwards. If CNN and His Flatulence disagree I would even see the need for verification, it's pretty obvious Trump is wrong. He's got a track record about as good as stopped clock.

No media organisation has a financial incentive to tell us the truth.
They have plenty of other incentives, but not that one.
If someone spends money to tell you something -- that should tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom