• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

FBI Cincinnati building attack

How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.
As Walter Sopchak would say, "Nothing to be afraid of here, these men are cowards." And I think that's true as The Orange is the biggest coward of them all. They all aspire to cowardice apparently.
I think there are a couple of camps. You have the militants who aren't cowards, but will start warring on each other shortly after the fight begins... and then you have the freedom fighters... who are cowards and stopped immediately from trying to save America from tyranny right after that woman got shot.
The camp I had in mind was the talking heads on radio. I'm waiting for some congress critters to bestow their blessings on yet another psycho. Or else we'll hear an empty cry for more money for mental health care.

We need a ban on high capacity nail guns.
And a ban on Q-tardism.
And again, I think it all comes down to continuing availability of adult education.

It's hard to ban being stupid. We can't and shouldn't try to make such tests.

Instead we need to make a situation where those who get educated have a natural advantage over those who don't. This natural advantage must come from the utility of applying concepts from their education, and so be allowed to drive economic selection pressures towards hiring the most qualified workers in their "affordability range". This will then sort less qualified workers towards education for the sake of competitive momentum, and specially qualified workers will then also see their premiums driven down.

Does that mean folks like me (ostensibly specially qualified) get paid less? Yes, it does.

Personally, I'm ok with that. I already get paid enough to live a good life and make progress towards my goals, and to be building equity into my future, without generally needing to rely on family money more than 1-2k at a time, which always gets paid back.

But honestly, the only way to ban being Q-Tard is to force people back towards education and critical thinking skills by letting their precious Market sort it out.

The camp I had in mind was the talking heads on radio. I'm waiting for some congress critters to bestow their blessings on yet another psycho. Or else we'll hear an empty cry for more money for mental health care.

Can't you just picture Shiffer's funeral?

Trump, MTG, Perry, etc., posing around the casket? Intoning about "the hero we lost?"
Tom

The industrial west is more educated and literate than any time in history. Culture has not caught up.

It is not just about education, it is about cultural norms. Expressing displeasure with violence is a norm, at least with males.

I have been watching old movies and TV shows. The Walker character in Walker Texas Ranger is violent. Any time he is confronted he threatens violence. It was a popular show.

In the old weterns and movies of the 30s 40s if somebody says something you don't like, hit him.

There is nothng in pop culture and TV=movies that presents a counter norm. Violence ste to music. Repeated brandishing of guns and gun play.

Add to that the dramatization and sensationalizing by media reporting.

To me it is obvious how somebody will put on military dress and get an AR15 and start shooting. It is exciting to them.

To me it is obvious how somebody will put on military dress and get an AR15 and start shooting. It is exciting to them.
But only the tiniest fraction of the population does this outside the military. From that perspective it is not normal. It might be normal to fantasize where the bad guy gets his but that's the limit of this type of violence for the vast, vast, vast majority of us. So there is something different in that very small population that actualizes their fantasies.

But only the tiniest fraction of the population does this outside the military. From that perspective it is not normal. It might be normal to fantasize where the bad guy gets his but that's the limit of this type of violence for the vast, vast, vast majority of us. So there is something different in that very small population that actualizes their fantasies.
I actually feel a certain kind of melancholic tragedy when I think on how I personally have a lot in common with those psychopaths. I can see exactly how they have an abundance of freedom that has never been imposed of limitations.

Being afforded such freedom and impunity in life, however, offers a trap for those who are not equipped to or taught how or why to limit themselves.

This, of course is the reason: that failing to limit oneself in general results in the availability of being unwittingly used as a weapon by those who would engineer such a mind towards a belief that will fulfill evil intents.

It also helps to have very tight principles, but counting on being a unicorn is kind of a bad bet on that front.

I heard he was actually posting on Truth Central (as Trump calls it) while the cops were hunting him in the corn field.

I bet my whole walk-in liquor closet that republicans forgot all about reining in on social media platforms as of today.

I heard he was actually posting on Truth Central (as Trump calls it) while the cops were hunting him in the corn field.

I bet my whole walk-in liquor closet that republicans forgot all about reining in on social media platforms as of today.
I'll take that bet. My counter-bet? My gem collection, on that they won't forget, they're going to remember it pointedly, so that they are aware when they need to expend efforts to actively obfuscate when anyone else tries to remember.

I'll take that bet. My counter-bet? My gem collection, on that they won't forget, they're going to remember it pointedly, so that they are aware when they need to expend efforts to actively obfuscate when anyone else tries to remember.
So, when can I expect delivery?

After I empty all the bottles. I'm not licensed to ship liquor. :sneaky:

After I empty all the bottles. I'm not licensed to ship liquor. :sneaky:
._.

Hey Gospel. Let me know if you need any help with that. I can be there in about twelve hours. :cool:
I'd say take me with you but who the fuck knows, florida may outlaw education by the time we get there, and then try arresting us at the border.

Whatever, time of release don't matter. The execution is what counts.

Police are currently in a standoff with the guy. Motive unknown, but of course there is one particularly noxious possibility.
He has an AR15 and yet he is shooting nails?

Looks more like a misguided attempt at a protest than a genuine attack.

I've read elsewhere he might have thought the nail gun could defeat their windows (like how pointy ceramic defeats car windows so easily.) Trumpet-level stupidity if so. Nail guns can be lethal at short range but even the high power versions (explosive-powered rather than simply compressed air--I watched our builder use one to drive a nail into concrete) are basically a very awkward .22 derringer with a round very likely to tumble.

Back
Top Bottom