• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

FBI Cincinnati building attack

However, the FBI? How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.

Trump is right now glued to TV cheering this guy on.
Unless the announcement of Garland is to say Trump is now in custody for crimes.

What? Too optimistic?

The FBI aren't choir boys, but this was wrong.

We've all got to stop loving institutions when they do what we like and loathing them when they don't.

We keep doing this and we'll be stacking bodies soon and on a daily basis, for no other reason than we aren't getting our way.
Already happening.
Thanks Donald.

And so it begins?

The extreme right has a long history of assassinating police and judges.

And so it begins?

The extreme right has a long history of assassinating police and judges.
Though not an exclusive monopoly. The anarchist edge of the left wing has also taken down their fair share of American presidents and federal properties over the years. Americans in general have an uneasy relationship with governmental authority, which combined with our lax gun legislation makes perioidic outbreaks of violence inevitable. I am certain there will be more very public incidents of domestic terrorism over the coming three years.

Reactions: jab
I would in fact say firearms and other manufactured projectile weapons > improvised weapons as far as premeditation and threat response goes.

*Unless you spent weeks manufacturing said weapon yourself. Like those fucks who blew themselves and their entire neighborhood up manufacturing explosives. Dunno many details but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they worshipped the Donald.

Apparently they've got the perpetrator pinned down in a cornfield, now? He may or may not have been injured in the previous exchange of gunfire, but is wearing body armor. I imagine they are hoping to take custody of the man in a manner that allows for future questioning. https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/08/11/us/fbi-cincinnati-shooting-news

This is unsurprisingly the number one trending topic in Cincinnati news at present, but the number two topic is a public referendum on what the name of the Cincinnati Zoo's newborn hippopotamus ought to be. Neither of the finalist names appeal to me greatly, but it's up to the zoo care team to make the final call. My money is on Fritz, as "Fritz and Fiona" make for a catchy exhibit tagline in a way that "Ferguson and Fiona" just don't.

I hope we dont have another potential Oklahoma City bombing over all this. Geesh, the FBI is just doing their job and just maybe, just maybe these folks need to calm down and realize there is good reason to do this search and seizure. Not everything is a commie conspiracy.
I would not be surprised if someone tried. Not the least bit.

The thing that worries me even more? In the wake of Oklahoma City, the nation was shocked by the attack and the aftermath. That famous photo of a firefighter carrying a bloodied infant out of the wreckage horrified most Americans and the far right "militia" types - who were gaining steam - slunk back into the shadows. Now? Large swaths of the right wing agree that violence against the government is justified (when Democrats are in power, of course) and pundits on right wing media are all but calling for a "civil war." When the next mass casualty event comes, will they recoil in horror like in '95, or will they come up with excuses or even justify the event?

When you bring up January 6th with a lot of these folks, they reflexively shoot back with "whatabout BLM?" and happily remind you that Portland and Seattle were both burned down by BLM and Antifa. We're coming up on the 5th anniversary of Charlottesville, and they're rabidly defending the guy who said there were good people "on both sides." The federal judge who signed off on the warrant for Mar-A-Lardo is getting death threats, and while it remains to be seen if this attack is related, I have no doubt there will be other threats and possibly attacks. Fox News is still acting like the "raid" on Trump's golf resort was "an attack on America," and these sentiments are being echoed by actual sitting members of Congress.

Back in '95, the folks McVeigh and Nichols "trained" with were just a bunch of nut-jobs playing soldier in the woods. Now? They're in the fucking mainstream and in some cases running for reelection.

How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.
As Walter Sopchak would say, "Nothing to be afraid of here, these men are cowards." And I think that's true as The Orange is the biggest coward of them all. They all aspire to cowardice apparently.

Ball is back in Cheato’s court. Move to suppress thereby justifying the search, or let the warrant and inventory list be publicly released, thereby justifying the search.
Garland is no fool.

I imagine they are hoping to take custody of the man in a man
I very much hope so, too.

Partly because I'm ProLife. But also because there's a big difference between possible motivations. Maybe his plan was to "nail that asshole to his desk"( meaning his soon to be ex-wife's new boyfriend) and maybe saving 'Merica from Brandon.

I dunno.
Tom

I suspect the two "news media" magisteria have already largely made up their mind about his most likely motivations, to an extent that even his live testimony would struggle to overcome. But yes, a dead suspect would be even more deliterious to the public order, unless he's written up a manifesto somewhere.

How about the AM Radio dial. Yesterday, numerous hosts were passively aggressively calling for action against the FBI, DoJ, and Democrats. Even elected Republicans were way too energetic about how this search was wrong, when they know nothing of it. And the fact Trump didn't post the search warrant online, implies there is something on it that he doesn't want people to see.
As Walter Sopchak would say, "Nothing to be afraid of here, these men are cowards." And I think that's true as The Orange is the biggest coward of them all. They all aspire to cowardice apparently.
I think there are a couple of camps. You have the militants who aren't cowards, but will start warring on each other shortly after the fight begins... and then you have the freedom fighters... who are cowards and stopped immediately from trying to save America from tyranny right after that woman got shot.

It strikes me that if this event was indeed motivated by Mr. Trump, the choice of Cincinnati as a location for an act of political violence has some probably unintentional irony. The city was, after all, named for a man who was offered full dictatorial power but voluntarily gave it all up when his term of service expired. A neatly antomymic historical situation to our own.

I await more information before passing judgment or engaging in "whatabout" comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom