• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Feel the Christian Love

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Part of the "Welcome" message at an event:
"I believe that every Christian this side of Heaven owes the Gospel to every atheist this side of Hell."

Yah. Not a warm welcome to the panel discussion. You should have said it was for Christians only. Oh wait, it wasn't, and the theme for the rest of the night was how to increase the flock and get young people to join.

... er, could I make a suggestion?

"I believe that every Christian this side of Heaven owes the Gospel to every atheist this side of Hell."

Yah. Not a warm welcome to the panel discussion. You should have said it was for Christians only. Oh wait, it wasn't, and the theme for the rest of the night was how to increase the flock and get young people to join.

I don't feel loved at all by the Gospel. Actually, it makes me feel devalued and threatened.

I like that thought, because atheists should know their enemy.

Reading the bible will show atheists why they should fear and hate the God religions.

Regards
DL

Carrot and Stick Theology has proven to be effective in the past.....
Indeed.

Then studies of reward and punishments showed the benefits of reward over punishment, while still having the desired result.

The other end is religious bodily mutilation of sexual organs, misogyny and homophobia, if the body is not just so and does not do as the majority demands.

Regards
DL

One of the greatest problems for today's toxic Christianity is the fact that large numbers of younger people in America despise toxic Christianity and leave Christianity at the first opportunity.

Younger people hate right wing nationalist toxic Christianity, hate its racism, its homophobia, hate its misogyny. The preaching of impending end of the world falls flat. Anti-intellectualism of much of today's Christians is noxious. The pushiness of these toxic Christians repels. The reddest and most Christians states of the Bible belt are mired in crime, drug use, low educational achievement and rank racism. Hardly a glowing testament to the usefulness or truth of organized Christianity. The more these toxic Christians push their toxic religion, the faster young people run away from organized Christianity and its toxic churches.

Carry on morons.

One of the greatest problems for today's toxic Christianity is the fact that large numbers of younger people in America despise toxic Christianity and leave Christianity at the first opportunity.
I see this as great.

Our modern children are more moral than their homophobic and misogynous parents.

Regards
DL

The preaching of impending end of the world falls flat.
How did that become a Rhea qbuote?

Anyway, i think an important note, they ard not rejecting the end of the world. Just the vontext of it being entirely in God's hands and unavoidable....
They just see that Xians say, "The end is coming, prepare your soul' where they see the end coming znd would prefer to take concrete steps to mitigate it. Prepare the oceans, the forests, the skies, air, water, etc. Everything being trashed because the old guard sees no point in conserving.

Back
Top Bottom