• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Female privilege

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
When you are a 20 year old woman and have sex with a 14 year old and not only not to prison for it but are allowed to profit from your crime by making him pay you thousands in child support.

Arizona statutory rape victim forced to pay child support

If we reverse the genders, can we imagine a 20 year old man having sex with a 14 year old girl, not going to prison, getting full custody and receiving child support from her? Even if she missed a court deadline.

Feminists are lobbying to strip any parental rights of "rapists" even without conviction but of course that doesn't apply to womyn because we all know they are "more equal". :rolleyes:

We need to get away from this legal principle that sperm automatically makes a man liable for paternity no matter how it was obtained (rape, theft, fraud etc.) Furthermore, I think men should have an opt out time window where they can terminate all parental rights and obligations within say a month after learning of a pregnancy (even if they learn of it years later).

Child support is a profit for the mother?
I thought it was protection for the child....

Child support is a profit for the mother?
I thought it was protection for the child....
It goes to the mother. Which really should not be allowed to have custody anyway.

Why is this? Do you have any evidence or information which indicates she would be an unfit mother?

If you really think their is some profit in child support, it shows you have never depended on child support.

Why is this? Do you have any evidence or information which indicates she would be an unfit mother?
Well she did fuck a child. If male rapists should be denied even visitation rights why should female rapists be allowed to have full custody? Answer: Female privilege. Check your privilege, womyn!
If you really think their is some profit in child support, it shows you have never depended on child support.
Of course there is. Free money.

But then, to be a female privilege, it would only be granted if the child is a daughter.
If it's applied even if she has a son, then it's the privilege of the kid.

Well she did fuck a child. If male rapists should be denied even visitation rights why should female rapists be allowed to have full custody? Answer: Female privilege. Check your privilege, womyn!

As I said, you have never had to depend upon child support, and I doubt you have ever paid any.

Your understanding of economics seems to be deficient, as well. Profit is the amount remaining after necessary costs are paid. Except in the case of a few super rich people(Donald Trump, etc,) I don't know of anyone who has ever been awarded child support in an amount to cover all the expenses of providing for a child. It is quite common for men to see child support as some kind of penance placed on them by the courts, a monetary penalty imposed because man hating judges just don't understand. My heart breaks for them, but every once in a while the law requires a man to play the man.

Fortunately for the children of this nation, family courts are reluctant to look at a child and say, "Sorry kid, your mommy is a bad person, so you'll have to grow up poor and hungry. We can't have your bad mommy profiting from the bad things she did before you were born."

But then, to be a female privilege, it would only be granted if the child is a daughter.

This is about the privilege of the grown woman who fucked the 14 year old.

Then why call it 'female' privilege if it doesn't apply to half the human species?
If you're talking a specific case, talk the specific case, if you're talking gender politics, it should apply to the entire gender. The evidence should show that it applies to the entire gender.

Unless you're blowing one specific case way out of proportion in order to rant about your least favorite gender...

Then why call it 'female' privilege if it doesn't apply to half the human species?
If you're talking a specific case, talk the specific case, if you're talking gender politics, it should apply to the entire gender. The evidence should show that it applies to the entire gender.

Unless you're blowing one specific case way out of proportion in order to rant about your least favorite gender...

The privilege applies to this particular woman only because she is female. As such the term "female privilege" is absolutely warranted, even if it is not politically correct to point out that women enjoy gender based privileges in many areas, including rape and child support issues.

There are travesties of justice and then there are systems of privilege.

Are there policies, procedures, and practices throughout our society that currently do support and historically have supported adult women being impregnated by teenaged boys and then these women having the boys pay child support?

Derec, you do know we can cherry pick and find women paying child support to men?

Are there policies, procedures, and practices throughout our society that currently do support and historically have supported adult women being impregnated by teenaged boys and then these women having the boys pay child support?

It's the system that privileges women in child custody/support as well as divorce cases. It is the system that sees men as "designated villains" in domestic abuse cases (so a perp like Marissa Alexander is seen as "victim" by many). It is the system that sees 20 year old men that have sex with 14 year old girls as horrible monsters but 20 years old women who have sex with 14 year old men are seen as perfectly ok.

It's the system that privileges women in child custody/support as well as divorce cases. It is the system that sees men as "designated villains" in domestic abuse cases (so a perp like Marissa Alexander is seen as "victim" by many). It is the system that sees 20 year old men that have sex with 14 year old girls as horrible monsters but 20 years old women who have sex with 14 year old men are seen as perfectly ok.

so the answer is no.

Otherwise you could show stats, studies, tomes of scholarly literature documenting adult the society wide accepted practice of mothers and teen fathers and how much money the teens have had to fork over across the centuries.

If you can show these things, please do present them and I will apologize for my error.

Otherwise, you appear to be presenting a sensational adnormality as evidence for what you see as a normality.

Yeah, that's the kind of privilege everybody wants. I have friends whose children are now grown and out of the house, and there is an arrears in child support totalling about $100K. The men in question have lived comfortable lives by living in the cash economy and changing jobs anytime state authorities caught up with them. They may not be villains, but they certainly are despicable men who abandon their children. I can't think if a lower form of human being.

For every man who thinks he is the victim of family court because he was not awarded custody and could not demand child support from the children's mother, there are several thousand women who are raising the children of a dead beat dad. What a privilege that must be.

The privilege applies to this particular woman only because she is female.
No, it applies to this particular woman because she gave birth to a person.
As such the term "female privilege" is absolutely warranted, even if it is not politically correct to point out that women enjoy gender based privileges in many areas, including rape and child support issues.
I don't know about your region, but wherever I have lived, being raped has not been considered a privilege. Nor has the ability to bear children.

Money received from someone who is partially responsible for the existence of a child, with said money meant to help raise said child, the amount of which can't even begin to cover the actual costs of raising said child...

...is hardly what I'd call 'free'.

As for 'profit'; you're having a laugh mate. If I shoot you with my pregnancy gun, and you're then stuck having to raise an expensive baby; it wouldn't be 'profit' for you if I gave you some money to help pay for the baby's needs unless the amount I gave you exceeded the amount of money the baby costs to keep alive and raise.

How exactly is the 14 year old "partially responsible" for the existence of the child? The entire concept of statuatory rape is that the younger person lacks the ability to consent and thus does not bear any responsibility for the act. The law cannot simultaneously say that he lacks the ability to consent to the action and is also responsible for the consequences of the action.

Back
Top Bottom