• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Female privilege!

ksen

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinist
http://thoughtcatalog.com/mark-saun...because-female-privilege/#4IhEMvPoveQcX9uH.01

1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they’re automatically afraid of you.

2. Female privilege is being able to approach someone and ask them out without being labeled “creepy.”

3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.

4. Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.

GIRLS!!!11!1!

1. Female privilege is being able to walk down the street at night without people crossing the street because they’re automatically afraid of you.
Maybe if you sobered up and put on some clean clothes they wouldn't cross the street.

2. Female privilege is being able to approach someone and ask them out without being labeled “creepy.”
Um, as a man who is approached often by women, yes it is creepy. See above response and add some conversation and respect.

Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.
^Author must not have sex (one night stands) very often. Try responses #1 and #2 for better results.

Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.
Well, don't be the stereotype. Do something other than watch TV.

You may have missed some sarcasm?

Ohh, this one is better!

50 Ways To Be A Woman

2. Dress modestly. Gain attention through who you are rather than the parts of your body you choose to expose. It is worth far more in the long run.

6. Learn how to write checks and keep a check book. You may never need to use it, but if there comes a time that you need to, you’ll feel stupid if you don’t know how.

12. Allow yourself to be treated like lady. If more women would sit down and be ladies, more men would stand up and be men. Just because you are capable of opening your own door, in the presence of a man, you should not have to. Allow men the indulgence of being men and take pride in the privilege of being a lady.

20. Do not restrict yourself to gender stereotypes, but do not blatantly defy them for sport.

25. Cross your legs.

............................/

SuperStock_4186-16242.jpg

http://thoughtcatalog.com/mark-saun...because-female-privilege/#4IhEMvPoveQcX9uH.01

3. Female privilege is being able to get drunk and have sex without being considered a rapist. Female privilege is being able to engage in the same action as another person but be considered the innocent party by default.

4. Female privilege is being able to turn on the TV and see yourself represented in a positive way. Female privilege is shows like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond where women are portrayed as attractive, competent people while men are shown as ugly, lazy slobs.

I think there is truth to this. It isn't like this list outweighs the serious shit wemon have to put up with that men don't (or at least no to the same extent). However, there is utility in recognising that unequal treatment of the genders has some complexity to it.

Reactions: Uwe
Female privilege is getting to make me a sandwich on demand.

FWIW...
According to reports, during the school stabbing attack/spree which happened today, several male students were wounded trying to protect female students. There may have been some cases going the other way, but not that I've heard of. There are also reports of students (and random staff) staying and tending the wounded... notably in the context of this thread, that would include (maybe the majority of cases) females tending wounded males.

I think there is truth to this. It isn't like this list outweighs the serious shit wemon have to put up with that men don't (or at least no to the same extent). However, there is utility in recognising that unequal treatment of the genders has some complexity to it.

I agree, but for some reason men asserting any of their hard-ships automatically falls on deaf ears. Most who talk privilege are in the midst of finger pointing, not serious discussion.

It's safe to say that men typically have more privilege than women, but I'd say women are privileged in certain ways.. just don't ever ask them to admit to it!

I think there are circumstances in which men have it worse than women, and I agree with you that the problems women face are far more numerous and severe than anything men put up with, but nothing on that list counts in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom