• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ferguson Curse?

spikepipsqueak

My Brane Hertz
Basic Beliefs
Nil
In trying to transfer a number of unnecessary Israel/Palestine derails to another thread I seem to have lost Derec's entire thread. Sorry Derec.

I have reposted the OP (not very well) and trust that those who addressed the OP will remember what they said, and those who derailed will go over to the other one if they want to continue that argument.

Bassem Masri, 31, died of apparent heart attack. He was a vocal #BLM activist in Ferguson.
Bassem Masri, a regular at Ferguson protests, dies at hospital after being found unresponsive on bus

Quote Originally Posted by St. Louis Post Dispatch

Bassem Masri, a regular presence at Ferguson protests, died Tuesday morning after being found unresponsive on a bus in Bridgeton, authorities say.
he cause of death is pending autopsy and toxicology reports. There was nothing suspicious and no trauma to Masri, according to the St. Louis County medical examiner's office.
Someone on the bus tried to perform CPR. Masri, 31, was pronounced dead at 11:09 a.m. Tuesday at a hospital.
He was also a Palestinian, and a big hater of Israel.

So why "Ferguson curse"?
Because several other Ferguson protesters have died. In one case the adult son of a prominent activist was killed, from apparent suicide, but his activist mother and some other activists insist it was a lynching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone

On October 17th, Melissa McKinnies, a prominent activist in Ferguson, Missouri, discovered her 24-year-old son, Danye Jones, hanging from a tree in a wooded area behind her home. A bedsheet was tied around his neck and his pants were down around his ankles, which a family member documented by taking photos that McKinnies later posted to Facebook.

“They lynched my baby,” McKinnies wrote in the post, which Facebook has since removed. “I’m sick and losing my mind, but I had to let the world know what they did to my baby!”

McKinnies and other members of Jones’s family believe he was murdered in retaliation for her activism during the Ferguson Uprising after Michael Brown was fatally shot by police officer Darren Wilson in 2014. But according to the St. Louis County Police Department, Jones’s death is being investigated as a suicide, though the case will remain active until the medical examiner, which is awaiting toxicology results, releases their final report.
Ferguson Activist Claims Son Was ‘Lynched’ as Police Investigate His Death as Suicide

There have been several other deaths of Ferguson protesters that the activists find suspicious.

The gruesome, and potentially symbolic, nature of Jones’s death and McKinnies belief that he was murdered in retaliation for her activism has reignited speculation about the mysterious deaths of three other Ferguson activists since 2014. For several years, there have been theories that all three were murdered because of their activism against police brutality. (McKinnies has not explicitly connected Jones’s death to these other cases.) The first was Deandre Joshua, 20, who was found shot in the head in November 25th, 2014 inside a burning car near Mike Brown’s apartment complex, on the same day a grand jury refused to indict Darren Wilson for Brown’s death. Two years later, in September 2016, another prominent Ferguson activist, Darren Seals, was also shot to death and left inside of a burning car. Both murders remain unsolved. In 2017, Edward Crawford — an activist who was photographed tossing a canister of tear gas away from Ferguson protestors — was found shot to death in the backseat of his car. Authorities ruled his death a suicide, which his family disputes. Most likely a coincidence. There were 1000s of Ferguson activists and some of them (or their family members) are bound to commit suicide or become victims of random murders, esp. given the neighborhoods they reside in.

Back
Top Bottom