• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fierce, Furry Fishers Are Expanding Their Range—and Bulk

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/06/140630-fishers-weasel-family-urban-animals-science/
Facing few predators in the northeastern U.S., these cousins of the weasel are back and bigger than ever, a new study finds.

There historically have been no Fishers in the Yukon. My family used to trap fur-bearers and while Mink and Marten were in good supply, I have never seen a Fisher and do not soon expect to. Interesting to read about how adaptable the species is.

I just saw a pair of them cross the road yesterday morning. I have seen very few of them about, but, it just so happens I saw the pair, just yesterday.

The whole furry fandom thing is a bit over the top for me, but they'll have a political party soon enough. And I think they may eventually overrun various anime conventions, as well as the great white north.

The whole furry fandom thing is a bit over the top for me, but they'll have a political party soon enough. And I think they may eventually overrun various anime conventions, as well as the great white north.

Well, furries are just fine in my book. There's something about hugging someone dressed up as a big floofy animal that feels simultaneously awesome and ridiculous. And they are generally more productive, as congoers go, than weeaboos.

And fishers are pretty awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom