• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Finally - a conspiracy theory I can get behind! (birds are fake)

If the Kennedys can reappear on the grassy knoll why can't we have bird drones that revert to bird flesh when they die or are killed? Seems pretty simple to me. Those libs can steal dozens of federal elections without leaving a shred of evidence so shape shifting birds sure sounds like small potatoes.

I think IIDB should have a separate category for conspiracy theories. I am fascinated by them. How they come to be, the cultish behaviour they inspire, the demographics that subscribe to them, their political implications, etc....

Anyone else agree?

I think IIDB should have a separate category for conspiracy theories. I am fascinated by them. How they come to be, the cultish behaviour they inspire, the demographics that subscribe to them, their political implications, etc....

Anyone else agree?

In the science forum, we have pseudo-science. That might be the place for Weird Conspiracies. Some old. Freemason conspiracies. Some new. Shape shifting reptilians.

Anyone else agree?
Having wasted too much of my life on the 9/11 CT'ers, I'd rather they just disappear from the face of the Earth... but as Cheerful Charlie notes, there is a sub-forum.

Anyone else agree?

In the science forum, we have pseudo-science. That might be the place for Weird Conspiracies. Some old. Freemason conspiracies. Some new. Shape shifting reptilians.
Conspiracy cults should be in the religion section. They should also be in the political section. If some here believe they should be in the science section I think that means they deserve their own space.

Anyone else agree?

I'm not sure a lot of them fall under the umbrella of pseudo-science. Some might. Qanon for example would be a weird fit there, and not really religious discussion either. There is a lot more to anti-vax conspiracy than just vaccine hesitancy. Many conspiracies are just the tip of the iceberg to a whole realm of bizarre social undercurrents - some political in nature, some religious, and many purely based on grift (alt medicine for example).

It may not be of much interest to others as much as it is to me however. I am fascinated by these things, trying to see where they come from and what they represent to people.

I don't mean a place to debate whether they are real or not, just to discuss their social relevance.

Back
Top Bottom