• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

First Came Brexit, Now Comes Texit

I'm in Texas now. What are my orders?
Wait until Trump says anything about Texit. Whatever side he takes, the other side is the right one.

Everybody relax, Trump's got it...;)

"Texas will never do that because Texas loves me," the billionaire businessman told reporters during a tour to promote his newly renovated golf course in Aberdeen, Scotland.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160625-texas-loves-me-donald-trump-says-shrugging-off-notion-of-texit-secession.ece

Texas bloviates about this every so often, and (having lived in Central Texas for about 8 years) I don't think the people of this state have really thought this through. Most of those large military bases are federal. Do they think the government will gift them to Texas as they leave the union?

They can keep the bases but the equipment and arsenals go.

Texas bloviates about this every so often, and (having lived in Central Texas for about 8 years) I don't think the people of this state have really thought this through. Most of those large military bases are federal. Do they think the government will gift them to Texas as they leave the union?

...and the personnel, and their salaries, and their dependents ...

Of course, it would make the next round of base closings a breeze.

What about members of the military that would become Texas nationals?

Yeah, what would Texas do without all the vital US military spending.

Seriously? Are you kidding? That's the best argument for being part of the US people here have?

I didn't realize military spending was so popular here on the forum.

Seriously? Are you kidding? That's the best argument for being part of the US people here have?

It's not popular but it is reality.

It's a reality that it exists, but it's also a reality that it can not exist. The important point is that military spending is a cost, not a benefit.

It's a reality that it exists, but it's also a reality that it can not exist. The important point is that military spending is a cost, not a benefit.

It is a Federal cost, from which the State of Texas currently benefits. If Texas secedes, and still wants to keep the same level of military they have under the Federal system, they will find that there is a whole lot of cost for that benefit.

It is a Federal cost, from which the State of Texas currently benefits. If Texas secedes, and still wants to keep the same level of military they have under the Federal system, they will find that there is a whole lot of cost for that benefit.

Why would we want the same level of military the US has? That's an absurd assumption.

We wouldn't even have a border with those menacing Canadians.

Why would we want the same level of military the US has? That's an absurd assumption.

We wouldn't even have a border with those menacing Canadians.
You share a border with the deep south.

The second Texans would do this relationships with the US government end.

No SS or Medicare benefits for citizens of Texas.

US citizenship of Texans revoked.

You come in here without our permission you are an illegal.

What about members of the military that would become Texas nationals?

Good question. I imagine there'll be something like the Early Out programs they've had over the years. Get out right now, go back to Texas, loose any sort of benefits for being a vet, or finish your contract and then do whatever the hell you want.
Reenlisting will require a formal change of home of record, I'd guess.

Of course, if Trump gets us to another ME war, we'll probably have to retain every body we can to support the new front.

The second Texans would do this relationships with the US government end.

No SS or Medicare benefits for citizens of Texas.

US citizenship of Texans revoked.

You come in here without our permission you are an illegal.

So, poster who blames the US for everything wrong in the world whines like a little bitch that someone may not want to be part of it.

Best? I don't notice anyone offering it as the best argument... Certainly nothing like the ONLY argument.

But it IS something else to think about.

In addition the money the government pays directly to the state, there's the salaries the service members and their dependents are spending to live in the state.

And there are other things of a similar nature. I'd expect 'out of state' tuition to go away, for example.

Best? I don't notice anyone offering it as the best argument... Certainly nothing like the ONLY argument.

But it IS something else to think about.

In addition the money the government pays directly to the state, there's the salaries the service members and their dependents are spending to live in the state.

And there are other things of a similar nature. I'd expect 'out of state' tuition to go away, for example.

Nah, dismal has already told us Texas won't need to worry about that, because they won't need a military after the leave the US.

Back
Top Bottom