• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Floyd was not killed by the Minneapolis police.

Even if it was a drug overdose and there was an amazing light level of pressure put on his neck compared to what most lay people think, Chauvin was extremely in the wrong on all tactical levels.

He assumed a chance liability for Floyd in case things went sideways for other reasons, in this case your claim of an overdose.

I think he wanted to wait for the ambulance to come and take Floyd and not have anymore shit from him. Zero, not even an inch. Floyd's possible lack of mortal safety was not worth Chauvin risking a strained pinky.

It was not even worth Chauvin saying "Hey man, I don't want to hurt you or have you hurt yourself or us. So as I lighten up on your head be you cool and we will be cool."

No calming communication at all. Not a bit of respect or social contract.

That is at minimum. Even worse maybe that he wanted to put him in a moderate anaconda on his neck to get him in a semi passed out state. Again, just so he did not have to put up with any more shit from a "street lowlife". Chauvin would likely have also done this to a gacked out white guy meth head while waiting for an ambulance.

Last edited:
Well that settles it. An opinion piece by a hopelessly biased source has just destroyed the narrative that police brutality and systemic racism are problems.

Nothing else to see here folks. Move along.

Next up? Covid 19 hasn't actually killed anyone!

Well that settles it. An opinion piece by a hopelessly biased source has just destroyed the narrative that police brutality and systemic racism are problems.

Nothing else to see here folks. Move along.

Next up? Covid 19 hasn't actually killed anyone!

That's true for right wingers. It's the symptoms people die from. The virus is harmless.

On the bright side, looks like you'll now be able to pick up real estate in Minneapolis dirt cheap.

I am not an expert but does not "fatal" dose depend on how long one have been using? Long term addicts can take a lot more drug than freshmen.
And 3x fatal dose, can one even walk after taking it?
And also, could Floyd had been saved if police did everything right?

The OP article links to unz.com, about which I am unfamiliar, but which appears to promote holocaust denial, conspiracy theories and white supremacy. As such the source of this may be very dubious indeed.

That said, if Floyd did in fact die of an overdose and not because of police actions, then I would have no problem whatsoever with that coming out, were it to be the truth. But at this point consider me pretty sceptical of the source here. Perhaps someone with more familiarity can correct me on that if necessary.

This is what wiki says about unz:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Unz

The OP article links to unz.com, about which I am unfamiliar, but which appears to promote holocaust denial, conspiracy theories and white supremacy. As such the source of this may be very dubious indeed.

That said, if Floyd did in fact die of an overdose and not because of police actions, then I would have no problem whatsoever with that coming out, were it to be the truth. But at this point consider me pretty sceptical of the source here. Perhaps someone with more familiarity can correct me on that if necessary.

This is what wiki says about unz:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Unz

The Camp of the Saints reference at the end of the OP's article is a cute touch.

For those who don't know the reference, whoo boy is it ever racist as shit. Hell, it even features a third-world profit that eats shit.

I think I will trust the medical examiners who did the autopsy. Neither autopsy put drug overdose as the cause of death. Only a fool would believe such nonsense.

And, I think I might know a little bit about fentanyl. I had several patients that took it for years, prior to the extreme over reaction of prescribing pain relief drugs. Some of my former patients were on very high doses of that drug, as well as fairly high does of oxycodone or hydrocodone. For example, one patients was getting a large dose of a patch every 48 hours, when that patch is supposed to be given every 72 hours. None of them died of a drug over dose, although the one who only weighed 65 lbs, and was getting her patch every 48 hours, did eventually get pneumonia because the huge doses depressed her respirations too much, and her stupid doctor never even bothered to weigh her. She weighed about 120 or so when he started prescribing fentanyl, but due to a long history of anorexia, she lost almost half of her initial weight. Plus she was taking Xanax and a muscle relaxer along with the pain drugs. And yes, we did try to get the doctor to reconsider the dose before she got pneumonia.

The point that I'm trying to make is that when a person takes a narcotic for a long period of time, they build up a tolerance and can take the drug at a much higher does than is usually considered normal, without dying from an overdose.

Floyed wouldn't have died if someone had not put pressure on his neck for almost 9 minutes. Floyd wouldn't have died if the former cop had responded appropriately when Floyd said that he couldn't breathe. That article is pure unsubstantiated bullshit.

Questions...

1. What is the primary source of the toxicology report?
2. What is the primary source of toxicology limits of fentanyl?
3. Isn't the right-wing saying George Floyd was a drug addict and if so, wouldn't he have an extremely high tolerance to fentanyl?
4. If so, what would be the upper limit of his tolerance?
5. If he really died of drug overdose, why was it timed to be when Chauvin had the knee in his neck as opposed to all the time previously when he is alleged to be on the drugs?
6. Why would his saying he couldn't breathe be correlated to his dying of the drug as opposed to having a knee in his neck?
7. Why would one of the officers be telling Chauvin to stop if it were appropriate for him to put his knee in Floyd's neck for 8 minutes?

Questions...
5. If he really died of drug overdose, why was it timed to be when Chauvin had the knee in his neck as opposed to all the time previously when he is
Stress. He had bad heart, drugs in the system and stress was a last straw which pushed him over the edge.

Questions...
5. If he really died of drug overdose, why was it timed to be when Chauvin had the knee in his neck as opposed to all the time previously when he is
Stress. He had bad heart, drugs in the system and stress was a last straw which pushed him over the edge.

But the claim is that the sheer amount of fentanyl is fatal. Why would you also need stress to add to it if the amount is fatal? Or is it that the amount actually isn't fatal? Since you're not answering other questions, I don't even know where we're getting that the amount is fatal or not.

Questions...

Was Chauvin well advised to keep for so long the knee on the neck of an unhealthy guy?

From a tactical view it has fucked him.

On trial for being a lazy, cold hearted prick who did not say "hey buddy, stay calm as we take pressure off you and get you the medical help from the coming ambulance."

Abstracting from the fact that Paul Craig Roberts has been delusional for decades, the real issue is that those police were brutally negligent (at best).

So, say i am the lookout during an armed robbery.
I don't carry a gun, i never go in the store, i do nothing tgat leads to someone dying inside. Like, if one of the armed guys shoots the security guard.
I still get charged with felony mudrer in some jurisdictions. Because i was part of the commission of a crime that caused a death.
Can you imagine anyone who waves a Blue Lives flag's response if i suggested the armed guard was the one at fault? He should not have challenged the armed robber, he should have worn his bulletproof vest, he shouldn't be an armed guard if he cannot take a biullet to the chest....

I am not an expert but does not "fatal" dose depend on how long one have been using? Long term addicts can take a lot more drug than freshmen.
And 3x fatal dose, can one even walk after taking it?
And also, could Floyd had been saved if police did everything right?

Close. It's not actually how long you have been using, but what doses you have been using. This is why you see a lot of overdoses in people who get out of prison--they didn't get their fix in jail, they come out and take the amount they're used to--which is now lethal.

Consider a local police shooting that caused controversy: The guy was being disruptive in the store to the point the cops were called. He had a concealed gun. He was so loopy on the drugs (some opiate, I don't recall what) that he ended up responding to the cops demand to drop his gun by handing it to them--barrel first. In hindsight it was clear he was handing it to them as it was still in it's holster, he couldn't have actually fired it. He had a "lethal" dose of drugs in his system---but he was walking around shopping. (Note that he was not actually carrying legally--while he had a permit the fact that he was habituated to opioids meant it wasn't legal for him to carry.)

Questions...

But the claim is that the sheer amount of fentanyl is fatal. Why would you also need stress to add to it if the amount is fatal? Or is it that the amount actually isn't fatal? Since you're not answering other questions, I don't even know where we're getting that the amount is fatal or not.
I am not claiming he had a fatal level of drugs. In fact I expressed my doubts about it even being possible. He did not look like he was overdosed at all.

I am not claiming he had a fatal level of drugs. In fact I expressed my doubts about it even being possible. He did not look like he was overdosed at all.

Okay, but that is the claim I responded to as discussed at op link. You responded to me talking about that. I responded to you responding to me writing about it.

Back
Top Bottom