• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Food Stands: Italian Sausage vs Hamburgers

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters

rousseau

Contributor
A very important poll.

If you were out somewhere, hungry, and came across a food stand with lots of condiments and toppings, would you rather buy a burger or an italian sausage on a bun?

This is prompted by partner and I buying italian sausage on the regular when we visit Canadian Tire. Spicy Sausage loaded with condiments.. becoming a bit of an addiction.

Italian sausage.

I don't usually buy burgers from food stands.

I eat more fast food burgers than I should.

I eat the occasional burger in a more upscale setting if a place is known to make good burgers.

Other than that, burgers are best at some sort of outdoor/backyard gathering with friends.

Certain dishes are better at outdoor food stands. Like yakisoba or okonomiyaki or hot dogs or yakitori or bratwurst or[ent]hellip[/ent] I think you get the idea.

Similar to Underseer, I would hesitate to buy a burger from a "stand", b/c they are far more sensitive to poor cooking methods and degrade very quickly if they sit after cooking. I do like a good Italian sausage grilled and on a bun, even w/o any toppings if it's a nicely seasoned one with lots of fennel seeds. OTOH, if it was a situation where the best part was really in some very good toppings, then a burger might be a better neutral palate on which to put them.

Why, the sausage, of course. We are awash in burger joints. There are caveats. Mainly handling and conveyance. I would be hesitant to eat one over my lap. If a table were not available, I would be inclined to eat it standing up. All condiments should be on the bottom. It has been my practice for some time to secure all condiments safely between the sausage and roll. Piling them atop is ostentatious. I would also mind how I am dressed and where I may need to go afterwards.

It’s a tradition that has become as Aussie as thongs, meat pies and hating celebrities who achieve fame overseas.

Don't tell me Assies hate Curtis Stone.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom