• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

For Atheists - define what you don't believe in

More word salad from you....full of empty platitudes and gobbledegook...just like you always were.

I can live with a gap where your posts are hidden, just like at Secular cafe.

Agreed. You (atheists) can prove that a thing does not exist in a defined way. Eg. There is no thing called a cat inside the empty cardboard box. You could define what it is you are claiming doesn't exist and define the place in space/time where it doesn't exist.
[...]
No they haven't.
And neither is science/maths incompatible with the existence of God, angels, heaven, hell...

we have told you this before so I have hope that you have enough intellectuall honesty to embrace it this time either, but...

science has proven that there cannot be any gods within this universe.
the proof is that we actually knows all forces there is that can in any significant way affect us.
thus, miracles, visions etc MUST use known forces and known physical laws.

you cannot argue yourself out of it.

Agreed. You (atheists) can prove that a thing does not exist in a defined way. Eg. There is no thing called a cat inside the empty cardboard box. You could define what it is you are claiming doesn't exist and define the place in space/time where it doesn't exist.
[...]
No they haven't.
And neither is science/maths incompatible with the existence of God, angels, heaven, hell...

we have told you this before so I have hope that you have enough intellectuall honesty to embrace it this time either, but...

the proof is that we actually knows all forces there is that can in any significant way affect us.

There's lots of things science doesn't know.

[...]
No they haven't.

No shit? If everything was known then science would be obsolete.

I get the sense that this is how many religious people view it. They already know everything so science isn't necessary. Since they already know, for them science is redundant at best or outright wrong when it conflicts with what they know.

Last edited:
I get the sense that this is how many religious people view it. They already know everything so science isn't necessary.
OR better, they know everything they need to know in order to get to Heaven... science is a distraction. Look what it did to those atheists!

You (atheists) ... could define what it is you are claiming doesn't exist and define the place in space/time where it doesn't exist.
It's not a mystery what's being talked about when an atheist says "I don't believe in God or gods". So, what's the problem? What more do you want? And why?
not a problem, just putting words in the atheists' mouth to better fit Lion's agenda, and shift the burden of proof. As usual...

Wait up. Go back and read what I said.
I was agreeing with phands statement that you CAN prove a negative.
How is that putting words in his mouth?

I get the sense that this is how many religious people view it. They already know everything so science isn't necessary. Since they already know, for them science is redundant at best or outright wrong when it conflicts with what they know.

Tell Juma.

More word salad from you....full of empty platitudes and gobbledegook...just like you always were.

I can live with a gap where your posts are hidden, just like at Secular cafe.

phands ? :wave2:
LTNS
Whatever happened to Secular Cafe?
Oh yeah, I remember. A bit of an echo chamber. Censoring and devoicing dissent and ignore buttoning itself out of existence.
But I know you'll sneak peek at my profile page (again) and maybe browse anonymously to check out the gobbledygook word salad I'm gonna post in reply to your anti-God polemics. And it will be nice to know that I can do so from behind the protective cover of your ignore button.

Last edited:
[...]
No they haven't.

So what? If you have anything useful to add, do so. This wasnt.
We know enough about forces and their corresponding fields and particles to rule out god forces.

Tell Juma.

Juma doesn't appear to need to be told that science has reached an understanding of a great deal of the nature of reality but but still has a lot of things to figure out. Those gaps that many try to shoehorn god into keep getting smaller.

Tell Juma.

Juma doesn't appear to need to be told that science has reached an understanding of a great deal of the nature of reality but but still has a lot of things to figure out. Those gaps that many try to shoehorn god into keep getting smaller.

Science was supposed to close those alleged gaps but it's actually discovering more and more gaps - bigger gaps.

Tell Juma.

Science was supposed to close those alleged gaps but it's actually discovering more and more gaps - bigger gaps.
The presence of a deity is not beholden to what I know or don’t know.

Tell Juma.

You have a wrong understanding. There is possibly more gaps but much, much smaller gaps. That seems to happen when a big answer is dropped in the middle of a huge gap - it leaves a small gap on either end. The fact that a new understanding creates new, more detailed, questions to be studied is what is exciting about science. We get better and better understanding of the big picture so we can pay more attention to the pixels.

You have a wrong understanding. There is possibly more gaps but much, much smaller gaps. That seems to happen when a big answer is dropped in the middle of a huge gap - it leaves a small gap on either end. The fact that a new understanding creates new, more detailed, questions to be studied is what is exciting about science. We get better and better understanding of the big picture so we can pay more attention to the pixels.

The number of gaps increases, but the absolute value of gapiness is decreased.

Smaller and smaller ponds for the once-titanic godthing to hide in...

Well then find someone else to pontificate to.

Well then find someone else to pontificate to.

Comeback Level: 0

Your character has been killed, and you'll have to roll a new one.

I don't think the discovery of evidence suggesting the existence of stuff like dark energy or additional dimensions (M-theory) are reducing any gaps. We are making more and more discoveries that show us how much BIGGER the gap in our knowledge really is.

It's like God keeps moving the goal posts. Wonder upon wonder upon wonder...
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/29-14.htm

I don't think the discovery of evidence suggesting the existence of stuff like dark energy or additional dimensions (M-theory) are reducing any gaps. We are making more and more discoveries that show us how much BIGGER the gap in our knowledge really is.

It's like God keeps moving the goal posts. Wonder upon wonder upon wonder...
http://biblehub.com/isaiah/29-14.htm
You are really reaching. We have advanced from the godthing being everything and the explanation for everything. Humanity was the center and purpose of the universe and everything that happened was directly caused by god. Stump your toe then it was punishment from god for something you did to displease him. Happen to get an exceptionally tasty turnip then it was a reward from god because you did something that pleased him.

We have moved from humans, and so the Earth, being the center of the universe and the obsessive focus of all god's attention to a big picture understanding of a more than massive and expanding universe with the Earth only a minute part and humans only a minute part of life. The "dark energy" is only one of the pixels we are now studying in that big picture.

Last edited:
Do you agree that the 'horizon' keeps on moving further and further away as we supposedly climb up higher with each discovery?

The caveman thinks his forest is the entire universe but gradually learns it's a forest on an island of a territory of a country of a planet of a solar system of a galaxy of a universe of a multiverse of a megaverse...

Do you agree that the 'horizon' keeps on moving further and further away as we supposedly climb up higher with each discovery?

The caveman thinks his forest is the entire universe but gradually learns it's a forest on an island of a territory of a country of a planet of a solar system of a galaxy of a universe of a multiverse of a megaverse...

No, don’t agree. Those things were the entire universe, but the cave person still saw the stars. JUst called ‘em “heaven”.

Well, actually probably not. They were just lights in the sky. Heaven was invented later.

Back
Top Bottom