• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

For the defenders of HRW

I see only one poster who actually got the point rather than tried attack me over it.
No one attacked you. The issue is with what was posted (and what wasn’t), not with the poster.

And if only one person got it, that should be a clear indication that the post is severely lacking.

I neither know nor care what the opinion of HRW is on the atrocities which Israel regularly commits and is committing now. But guessing the intent of OP I will say this:

About 99% of the world -- while happy to repeat "Shame on Hamas. Shame. Shame!" -- is aware that Israel's behavior also falls far short of righteousness. Yet Americans are denounced or censured for suggesting that Israel's oppression of Palestinians is less than admirable.

It is disgusting the way millions of Americans are eager to lick the scrotum of Donald Trump. Yet many of those just as disgusted about that as I am are eager to lick Netanyahu's scrotum.

Hope this helps.
During the season where many struggle with their weight (like me), I thank you for your appetite suppression efforts.

I neither know nor care what the opinion of HRW is on the atrocities which Israel regularly commits and is committing now. But guessing the intent of OP I will say this:

About 99% of the world -- while happy to repeat "Shame on Hamas. Shame. Shame!" -- is aware that Israel's behavior also falls far short of righteousness. Yet Americans are denounced or censured for suggesting that Israel's oppression of Palestinians is less than admirable.

It is disgusting the way millions of Americans are eager to lick the scrotum of Donald Trump. Yet many of those just as disgusted about that as I am are eager to lick Netanyahu's scrotum.

Hope this helps.
During the season where many struggle with their weight (like me), I thank you for your appetite suppression efforts.
A pox on Israel, Hamas, and anyone who comments on their war.
A Pox on those saying Hamas started it, and a pox on those saying Israel forced them into it. May the pox dispatch all of them forthwith and leave the rest of us to deal with Putin, Chi, Kim and Cheato.

At least poxes (poxae? poxi?) are natural.

I’m pissed that these assholes took our eye off Ukraine, which is going to be far more important in the long run.

Last edited:

Hope this helps.
And you're coming at it from a standpoint of assuming they are committing atrocities.

Israel is in a position with no good paths. That doesn't make their actions atrocities, it doesn't make their actions war crimes. Where is the blame for the Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas?

Edit: Since some seem to feel that the thread title + unfurl isn't enough to make the point. This is a whistleblower pointing out the bias in their reporting.
Thanks @Loren Pechtel . Now can you please add what you read in the article that you’d like to discuss? Recall that the objective is that no one should have to leave this site to find out what you want to discuss.

Or is your point simply, “someone said HRW’s reporting was biased!”
In which case, um, okay?

Hope this helps.
And you're coming at it from a standpoint of assuming they are committing atrocities.
700,000 illegal settlers. That's SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND. With an S.
Israel is in a position with no good paths. That doesn't make their actions atrocities, it doesn't make their actions war crimes. Where is the blame for the Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas?
:confused2: Who is it here that doesn't blame Hamas?

It sounds like you're in the Two-Wrongs==Right camp.

I can explain this!! The assumption that all Palestinians uniformly supports Hamas categorizes the entire population based on the actions or beliefs of a specific group, leading to the conclusion that any humanitarian concern for Palestinians is equivalent to supporting Hamas. So there you have it folks, approximately 44% of the votes means Hamas has the support of all Palestinians. Stop supporting terrorists!

Where is the blame for the Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas?
Whataboutism is not an argument - it is a derail. Alleged atrocities and misbehavior by Hamas does not absolve the IDF or the gov't of Israel from their misbehavior.

More importantly, please post a link to your source about Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas. I ask, because while it is certainly believable, there is a lot of misinformation floating around. And, as we all know, believing something is true does not make it so.

Hope this helps.
And they are illegal how? They are on land that is not part of any nation. A supposed "Palestine" claims it but refuses to declare statehood because that would either require claiming Israel (thus showing their true objective) or not claiming Israel (and thus giving up their Holy Grail.)

:confused2: Who is it here that doesn't blame Hamas?

It sounds like you're in the Two-Wrongs==Right camp.
Israel is being blamed for the actions of Hamas. Israel wasn't preventing evacuation while they bombed the tunnels, Hamas was. The tunnels were legitimate military targets. Israel's actions were not a war crime, Hamas' were.

Where is the blame for the Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas?
Whataboutism is not an argument - it is a derail. Alleged atrocities and misbehavior by Hamas does not absolve the IDF or the gov't of Israel from their misbehavior.

More importantly, please post a link to your source about Hamas snipers trying to keep people from leaving the target areas. I ask, because while it is certainly believable, there is a lot of misinformation floating around. And, as we all know, believing something is true does not make it so.
It's not proven. However:

1) We have a video of a supposed Israeli strike--that makes no sense for any weapon that Israel has fielded in this conflict. It makes perfect sense as the result of snipers, though.

2) We have the story of a foreigner evacuating out of Gaza--specifically, holding his passport aloft while doing so. The only point in doing so would be to show he was a foreigner to some distant observer. Distant observers who care about passports are either snipers aiming to kill certain people, or rescuers aiming to identify captives. (A captive showing a passport out a window or the like to indicate they are a captive.) The latter case makes no sense, so it pretty much has to be the former.

And they are illegal how? They are on land that is not part of any nation. A supposed "Palestine" claims it but refuses to declare statehood because that would either require claiming Israel (thus showing their true objective) or not claiming Israel (and thus giving up their Holy Grail.)

You're going with that? Seriously?? Hamas' atrocities are atrocious, but you trot out a $1000-per-hour lawyer to concoct legalistic flim-flam why Israel's atrocities are NOT atrocious?

This "shows your true colors" and negates anything else you write on the topic.

I'm not going to research cease-fire lines, occupied territories and international law for you. I'll just ask you: Did you find your $1000-per-hour lawyer's opinion on the 'Net? What do you think the consensus is among (non-American and non-Israeli) lawyers who charge less than $1000 per hour?

It's not proven. However: ….
Stop. There is no need for the “ rationales” for your “stories”. There are more than enough barbaric Hamas actions so there is no need to add to the misinformation and unsubstantiated “facts” floating around, so please refrain from adding to that garbage.

I think it is pretty ironic in an OP complaining about alleged bias in a ngo reporting and analysis of Israeli actions to find an excellent counter example by the OP originator.

There is no need for the “ rationales” for your “stories”. There are more than enough barbaric Hamas actions so there is no need to add to the misinformation and unsubstantiated “facts” floating around, so please refrain from adding to that garbage.
Amen.
It’s tiresome and unproductive.

You're going with that? Seriously?? Hamas' atrocities are atrocious, but you trot out a $1000-per-hour lawyer to concoct legalistic flim-flam why Israel's atrocities are NOT atrocious?
1) To be there illegally they must be trespassing on someone--but there's no claimant.

2) Apart from that, how are they an atrocity, anyway? Something can be wrong without being an atrocity.

I'm not going to research cease-fire lines, occupied territories and international law for you. I'll just ask you: Did you find your $1000-per-hour lawyer's opinion on the 'Net? What do you think the consensus is among (non-American and non-Israeli) lawyers who charge less than $1000 per hour?

What you are missing is that Gaza and the West Bank have no competing claims. If the Palestinians want to make a claim the need to make a state--and doing so puts them in an impossible position so it's not going to happen.

They are on land that is not part of any nation.
Seriously?!?

You're really going with Terra Nullius? For land that's been settled by humans for 1.4 million years?

That's beyond insane.
Who owns it?

Egypt specifically dislcaimed Gaza in 1967. Jordan, likewise, disclaimed the West Bank. The Palestinians don't have a state to make a claim. It is either Israel or Terra Nullius.

Stop. There is no need for the “ rationales” for your “stories”. There are more than enough barbaric Hamas actions so there is no need to add to the misinformation and unsubstantiated “facts” floating around, so please refrain from adding to that garbage.

I think it is pretty ironic in an OP complaining about alleged bias in a ngo reporting and analysis of Israeli actions to find an excellent counter example by the OP originator.
The problem is that you are using different standards here. You expect a much higher standard for proving Hamas wrong than for proving Israel wrong.

I'm going on preponderance of the evidence in both cases. And note that Hamas generally doesn't even try to rebut any allegations of it's wrongdoing.

The problem is that you are using different standards here. You expect a much higher standard for proving Hamas wrong than for proving Israel wrong.
No one has to prove Hamas or Israel is “ wrong” . The problem is your comic book view of complex situations and your conflation if your “conclusions” ( which are really assumptions) with fact.
Loren Pechtel said:
I'm going on preponderance of the evidence in both cases. And note that Hamas generally doesn't even try to rebut any allegations of it's wrongdoing.
Are you under the impression Hamas keeps tabs on your accusations?

Your “ preponderance of evidence” in both instances are your assumptions of fact. For example, the foreign journalist case is also consistent with them trying to avoid bring mistaken for a Hamas operative or for getting the attention of someone they were meeting instead of avoiding be killed by a Hamas sniper.

Back
Top Bottom