• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

For the Trump Deranged...

[Trump] said to me, 'I hear you met with Gorbachev, and you had a long interview with him, and you're a doctor, so you have a good assessment of who he is,'" Lown recalls. "So I asked, 'Why would you want to know?' And he responded, 'I intend to call my good friend Ronnie,' meaning Reagan, 'to make me a plenipotentiary ambassador for the United States with Gorbachev.' Those are the words he used. And he said he would go to Moscow and he'd sit down with Gorbachev, and then he took his thumb and he hit the desk and he said, 'And within one hour the Cold War would be over!' I sat there dumbfounded. 'Who is this self-inflated individual? Is he sane or what?'"
Narcissist, overly confident, or spot on? If I can ... X (in fact), then I can imagine how outlandish claims sound, yet I can also imagine how inferior one feels when shown it's not just talk.

The Madness of King Donald

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/13/the-madness-of-king-donald/

It has become clear that the president of the United States is someone who does not read his briefs; who does not take the advice of experts in the intelligence field or indeed in any other; who fires off brief statements without thinking whether they are consistent with his administration’s declared policies; who is seemingly incapable of putting together a coherent sentence with a subject, a verb, and an object; who is apt to give away state secrets to a foreign power; and who seems to have no respect either for the truth or for the Constitution (not least in respect of freedom of religion and freedom of speech). He may not be mad, but a growing number of commentators allege that Trump is suffering from dementia, or is mentally subnormal, or is suffering from a personality disorder of some kind.

In a situation where a head of state is incapable of carrying out his duties properly, what guidance can history offer us? The relevant history isn’t so much the history of the presidency of the United States, where no incumbent has ever been successfully removed from office by Congress, but rather the history of incompetent — or allegedly incompetent — rulers at other times and in other parts of the world.

I find it bigly hard to believe that Trump used the word 'plenipotentiary' let along how to pronounce it.

I had to look it up..

plen·i·po·ten·ti·ar·y
/ˌplenəpəˈtenSHərē,ˌplenəpəˈtenSHēˌerē/

noun: plenipotentiary; plural noun: plenipotentiaries

1. a person, especially a diplomat, invested with the full power of independent action on behalf of their government, typically in a foreign country.

synonyms: diplomat, dignitary, ambassador, minister, emissary, chargé d'affaires, envoy
"a plenipotentiary in Paris"

adjective: plenipotentiary
1. having full power to take independent action.
"he represented the Japanese government in Seoul as minister plenipotentiary"

.. sounds like something he would want.

I find it bigly hard to believe that Trump used the word 'plenipotentiary' let along how to pronounce it.

I had to look it up..

plen·i·po·ten·ti·ar·y
/ˌplenəpəˈtenSHərē,ˌplenəpəˈtenSHēˌerē/

noun: plenipotentiary; plural noun: plenipotentiaries

1. a person, especially a diplomat, invested with the full power of independent action on behalf of their government, typically in a foreign country.

synonyms: diplomat, dignitary, ambassador, minister, emissary, chargé d'affaires, envoy
"a plenipotentiary in Paris"

adjective: plenipotentiary
1. having full power to take independent action.
"he represented the Japanese government in Seoul as minister plenipotentiary"

.. sounds like something he would want.

... if only he could say it. Guess he'll have to settle for "bigly powerful".

So none of this diversion into history provides evidence of collusion with the Russians during the elections.

thank you captain obvious-med.jpg

I suppose that the corollary to your statement would be "therefore no evidence of collusion exists", right?
If not, why do you even bring it up?

So none of this diversion into history provides evidence of collusion with the Russians during the elections.

View attachment 11467

I suppose that the corollary to your statement would be "therefore no evidence of collusion exists", right?

Of course Collusion exists but no evidence in this case, though the gibberish is most likely authentic

Yours faithfully

Captain Obvious

View attachment 11467

no evidence in this case

Once again, I invite others to comment on the stupidity that leads a person to believe that they know there is no evidence in a case where they are not even privy to whatever evidence might exist.

I'm willing to bet it wasn't MEANT to, since no mention was made of any fucking thing that hasn't been demonstrated in tweets and public appearances.

Rather, it seems obvious that the collusion concern is not the only concern connected with von Clownstick, and his inappropriateness to be one of the leaders of the nostalgically free world.

Once again, I invite others to comment on the stupidity that leads a person to believe that they know there is no evidence in a case where they are not even privy to whatever evidence might exist.
It could just be that WP watches a LOT of police and/or legal protocol shows, where the the perpetrator may or may not be known, but all relevant evidence is presented to the viewer as the police or prosecution acquire it, usually streamlined so that the only time false-leads are shown is when the story plot demands a twist before the resolution.
WHich would make it a little ironic, WP bitching about the media when he seems to be demanding that the entire investigation be shown to him, just like on CSI, Law & Order, Inspector Gadget, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, S.W.A.T. Cats and The Goonies.

Investigators explore if Russia colluded with pro-Trump sites during US election

The spread of Russian-made fake news stories aimed at discrediting Hillary Clinton on social media is emerging as an important line of inquiry in multiple investigations into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Investigators are looking into whether Trump supporters and far-right websites coordinated with Moscow over the release of fake news, including stories implicating Clinton in murder or paedophilia, or paid to boost those stories on Facebook.

The head of the Trump digital camp, Brad Parscale, has reportedly been summoned to appear before the House intelligence committee looking into Moscow’s interference in the 2016 US election. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee carrying out a parallel inquiry, has said that at least 1,000 “paid internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia” were pumping anti-Clinton fake news into social media sites during the campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ussia-investigation-fake-news-hillary-clinton

The spread of Russian-made fake news stories aimed at discrediting Hillary Clinton on social media is emerging as an important line of inquiry in multiple investigations into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Investigators are looking into whether Trump supporters and far-right websites coordinated with Moscow over the release of fake news, including stories implicating Clinton in murder or paedophilia, or paid to boost those stories on Facebook.

The head of the Trump digital camp, Brad Parscale, has reportedly been summoned to appear before the House intelligence committee looking into Moscow’s interference in the 2016 US election. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee carrying out a parallel inquiry, has said that at least 1,000 “paid internet trolls working out of a facility in Russia” were pumping anti-Clinton fake news into social media sites during the campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ussia-investigation-fake-news-hillary-clinton
This is abhorrent! I mean, it is bad enough living in a battleground state and the fucking ads from the Democrats and Republicans. To then have another country funding even more shit like this?!

Too delicious for the TDS afflicted...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/01/what-will-happen-to-trumps-republican-collaborators.html

All cults come to an end, often abruptly, and Trump’s Republican Party is nothing if not a cult. While cult leaders are generally incapable of remorse — whether they be totalitarian rulers, sexual Svengalis, or the self-declared messiahs of crackpot religions — their followers almost always pay a human and reputational price once the leader is toppled. We don’t know how and when Donald Trump will exit, but under any scenario it won’t be later than January 20, 2025. Even were he to be gone tomorrow, the legacy of his most powerful and servile collaborators is already indelibly bound to his.

Whether these enablers joined his administration in earnest, or aided and abetted it from elite perches in politics, Congress, the media, or the private sector, they will be remembered for cheering on a leader whose record in government (thus far) includes splitting up immigrant families and incarcerating their children in cages; encouraging a spike in racist, xenophobic, and anti-Semitic vigilantes; leveraging American power to promote ethnic cleansing abroad and punish political opponents at home; actively inciting climate change and environmental wreckage; and surrendering America’s national security to an international rogue’s gallery of despots.

[...]

If you look back at the elite figures who lent their clout and prestige to clearing Hitler’s path before or during World War II, it’s striking how such folly and inhumanity remains immutable across national boundaries and centuries. The amalgam of nationalism, isolationism, and nativism embraced by Trump shares its DNA not just with the Pétainists of France but Neville Chamberlain’s appeasement cohort in England and America First, the movement whose name Trump appropriated without (of course) knowing what it was. America First, though originating as a campus-centric peace campaign, was hijacked by a rancid mob of Hitler acolytes and peace-at-any-price dupes that included, most famously, Charles Lindbergh. Many of these Hitler enablers had elaborate rationalizations for their actions that mirror those of Trump’s highest-profile shills today. Robert Taft, the hard-right isolationist senator from Ohio, wrote the script for Better Trump than Hillary–ism nearly a century ago: America should not go to war with Germany, he argued, because “there is a good deal more danger of the infiltration of totalitarian ideas from the New Deal circles in Washington than there will ever be from the activities of the … Nazis.”

and ends with a special treat...

How do they express their fear to you?
A few months ago, there was a Republican elected official at a party at my home. He gets there, and there’s a conservative-leaning reporter. And the official absolutely loses his shit with me. He’s like, “Oh my God, I’m so fucked! He’s going to write about it.”

I told him, “No, these parties are always off the record. You know that.” He goes, “But they’re going to know — they find out. If I’m seen with you, the National Republican Congressional Committee will kill me.”

And it just struck me, This is how they live every day? This fear that they’re going to get caught — not even saying anything bad about the president but with somebody, or at a party at somebody’s house, who is critical of the president.

None of it proves he was legally elected president of the united states, either... it also does not provide evidence that he is a human being.. or that his wife entered the united states legally... or that Barron will not grow up to be a gay serial killer.. .or that Ivana never worked as a prostitute...all undenied by these facts. So All these things are equally as possible as the sun rising tomorrow according to Trump-logic.

Back
Top Bottom