• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Forgery suspect killed by cop restricting his airway

Why would Sony even open up this topic, or respond to a tweet about it?

There is no net positive, especially when small store owners getting rocked is mentioned.

What do you think of the cop that shot the protester at point blank range in the face with a tear gas grenade I referenced above?
How is the "protester"? I hope he is not too badly hurt, but why did he advance at police? Should have stayed where he was. The cop probably didn't think he had time to change weapon to something more appropriate.

What do you think of the peaceful protester pleading for understanding that was pulled out of the crowd and arrested I also referenced above?
Which case is that? What city?

What do you think about
- those two NYC lawyers who made Bud Light Molotovs and threw one of them at a police car?
- the "protester" who knocked down a bar owner who then shot him

His intent was clear in his face as he was doing it.
Oh, now you can read minds.
And if killing Floyd was his intent, did he know his medical history and drug habit to know his cunning plan would actually succeed?

Why is it so important to railroad the guy on Murder 1 when something like manslaughter fits the case much better? Because he is black, and black lives just matter more than white ones in Lefty Land?

So if someone has pre-existing health conditions, its all right to manhandle him, and murder him.
No, obviously manhandling anybody is bad, which is why they should be charged. But they could not have known that he would die on them, which is why I think it wasn't murder.

Agreed. That was first degree murder. Apparently there's a lot of cops that agree.
There was no intent, much less premeditation.

In this thread Derec still thinks he can make pronouncements without addressing any arguments or citing a single source.

Dude - forget the premeditation. He's charged with third degree murder.

Can you provide your legal theory for why it's inappropriate, since you're been saying it's inappropriate?

How much time would a black store owner get if he restrained a white woman the same say, say after a theft, and she died the same way?

Can we ever expect an answer?

Using your standard, the autopsy for the state is not independent either.
I never said it was. Not being independent doesn't mean it's automatically rubbish of course, but when neither autopsy is independent, calling one of them "independent" imbues it with an unjustified air of authority.

Agreed. That was first degree murder. Apparently there's a lot of cops that agree.
There was no intent, much less premeditation.

Then 2nd Degree.

If Person A takes a potentially lethal action with intent to harm but not kill Person B, and Person B dies, it is still murder. Say Person A swings a shovel at Person B's head...

In this thread Derec still thinks he can make pronouncements without addressing any arguments or citing a single source.
How many sources did you cite in this post?

Dude - forget the premeditation. He's charged with third degree murder.
I guess you missed where Zipr said that it should be 1st degree murder. I was responding to that.

Can you provide your legal theory for why it's inappropriate, since you're been saying it's inappropriate?
I don't think they will be able to prove a "depraved mind", kind of like in the Freddie Grey case.

But most of the problems I have are with calls (not just Zipr) to charge the police officers with 1st or 2nd degree murder. And I think Ellison will do just that to appease the violent mob.

How much time would a black store owner get if he restrained a white woman the same say, say after a theft, and she died the same way?

Let's use a more analogous scenario. If a black cop did a similar thing to a white meth head, there certainly would not be nationwide riots or calls for a 1st degree prosecution by the likes of ZiprHead.

Using your standard, the autopsy for the state is not independent either.
I never said it was. Not being independent doesn't mean it's automatically rubbish of course, but when neither autopsy is independent, calling one of them "independent" imbues it with an unjustified air of authority.

No one is talking about some platonic ideal of independence you clown.

You called the other examiner a liar when I pointed out you didn't understand what the county's autopsy stated.

Why is it impossible for you to actually address anyone's questions? Everything seems to be a deflection.

What purpose does your existence serve?

But it took a 200 lb man kneel on his neck for almost 9 minutes to actually kill him.

I guess that’s why a lot of LEOs have condemned Chauvin’s actions.

I am not saying Chauvin and others did nothing wrong. They did plenty wrong, and should be held accountable.
But I don't think it's murder, esp. not 1st or 2nd degree, as many insist Ellison charge them with.

Four black guys doing that to a cop...

If Person A takes a potentially lethal action with intent to harm but not kill Person B, and Person B dies, it is still murder. Say Person A swings a shovel at Person B's head...

You really think swinging a shovel at somebody's head is comparable with just sitting on them?

I think I've made it clear I support these protests, but saying "Oh look, they're flashing white power signs" is over the top.

Let's make the side that supports the protestors look stupid by saying that is a white power sign. Ziprhead, show us how to look foolish.

If it's not a white power symbol, what is it?

This whole discussion has me shaking my head. You guys really think these cops are NOT signalling white supremacy? They are just, what wearing fake hoods for a laugh?

You called the other examiner a liar when I pointed out you didn't understand what the county's autopsy stated.
I called him a liar because he ignored the factors of fentanyl and methamphetamine intoxication and of cardiovascular disease.
Dismissing these is highly disingenuous.

What purpose does your existence serve?
I don't know. What does yours?

How many sources did you cite in this post?

I guess you missed where Zipr said that it should be 1st degree murder. I was responding to that.

I don't think they will be able to prove a "depraved mind", kind of like in the Freddie Grey case.

But most of the problems I have are with calls (not just Zipr) to charge the police officers with 1st or 2nd degree murder. And I think Ellison will do just that to appease the violent mob.

Let's use a more analogous scenario. If a black cop did a similar thing to a white meth head, there certainly would not be nationwide riots or calls for a 1st degree prosecution by the likes of ZiprHead.

Anyone can read the thread and see which sources I've cited. Most importantly I've cited a probable cause affidavit that was signed by a judge, contains a statement from a county medical examiner and has been used to arrest the offending party.

And again you deflect. The question I'm asking you is the legal theory on the topic of the fucking OP. You've been poisoning this thread with your stupidity long before any riots had happened. I asked you a question about your moral center way back at the beginning of this thread, and it's been disappointing even with the low hopes I started with

Last edited by a moderator:
More "peaceful protesting".
Two officers hit by car during protest
WIVB said:
Two police officers were hit by a vehicle during the Bailey Avenue protest Monday.
Sources tell News 4 one was a Buffalo Police officer and the other was a New York State Police Officer.
Both were taken to Erie County Medical Center with serious injuries. Police also report two people have been shot and advise people to avoid the area.

Disgusting!

Back
Top Bottom