• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Forgery suspect killed by cop restricting his airway

Just seriously, think about that shit.

If this fucking cop could have just power-tripped at like 80% everybody would have still been complaining about not getting a haircut and having enough to watch on Netflix.

But he had to take it to a 100.

Rep. John Yarmuth on Twitter: "The President just declared war on millions of Americans and the 1st Amendment. He is the greatest threat to the American way of life in our history." / Twitter

Ruben Gallego on Twitter: "I refuse to let this Democracy die. I will resist. I do not consent and I will not follow martial law. #resist" / Twitter

I'm not under immediate threat, and given the Trump admin's track record of incompetence, that may get in the way of carrying out Trump's spiteful nastiness.

Brandon Wall on Twitter: "Illinois’ Pritzker is the first governor I’ve seen to respond, on CNN now: "I reject the notion that the federal government can send troops into the state of Illinois"" / Twitter

At least without his permission -- that's the Posse Comitatus Act, and let's see how much Trump cares about that.

On Trump holding up a Bible near St. John's Episcopal Church,

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "He holds that Bible like it’s burning him." / Twitter

He walked to there from the White House and the cops had to keep a *lot* of protesters away to help him do that.

Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church - The New York Times
“He did not pray,” said Mariann E. Budde, the Episcopal bishop of Washington. “He did not mention George Floyd, he did not mention the agony of people who have been subjected to this kind of horrific expression of racism and white supremacy for hundreds of years.”
Washington bishop outraged by Trump visit to church - CNNPolitics
"I am outraged. The President did not pray when he came to St. John's, nor as you just articulated, did he acknowledge the agony of our country right now," Budde told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "AC360."

"And in particular, that of the people of color in our nation, who wonder if anyone ever -- anyone in public power will ever acknowledge their sacred words. And who are rightfully demanding an end to 400 years of systemic racism and white supremacy in our country. And I just want the world to know, that we in the diocese of Washington, following Jesus and his way of love ... we distance ourselves from the incendiary language of this President. We follow someone who lived a life of nonviolence and sacrificial love."

"We align ourselves with those seeking justice for the death of George Floyd and countless others," she continued. "And I just can't believe what my eyes have seen."

"Let me be clear: The President just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese, without permission, as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus," she said.
Washington bishop outraged by Trump visit to church - CNNPolitics

If this fucking cop could have just power-tripped at like 80% everybody would have still been complaining about not getting a haircut and having enough to watch on Netflix.

And that excuses all this shit, how? Is no one responsible for their own behavior anymore?

Acting Commissioner Mark Morgan on Twitter: "CBP personnel have deployed to the National Capital Region to assist law enforcement partners. These “protests” have devolved into chaos & acts of domestic terrorism by groups of radicals & agitators. @CBP is answering the call and will work to keep DC safe. https://t.co/QLueFkgaPO" / Twitter
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Last year CBP officers circulated mockup images of my violent rape ahead of my visit to their facilities.
They hung framed photos of officers aiming guns at people on the walls.
Later that day,they refused to protect members of Congress when armed Trump supporters were outside." / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "CBP is the largest law enforcement agency in the country, & it very well may be one of the most dangerous.
They do NOT have oversight. Not even the measures local PDs have.
Their culture is toxic, they have 0 accountability,& Congress gave them a blank check. This is dangerous." / Twitter

CBP is allowed to get involved in the National Capital Region because the NCR is within 100 miles of the nearest borders.

What AOC was referring to:
Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes — ProPublica
he three-year-old group, which has roughly 9,500 members, shared derogatory comments about Latina lawmakers who plan to visit a controversial Texas detention facility on Monday, calling them “scum buckets” and “hoes.”

I found this. What's going on here? I couldn't find any news story that featured it.

Dawn and Kevin on Twitter: "@ResisterChic @1lynks14 @ ConnieG1025 @4a_of @stepheni_miller @phyllisj1003 @bamableu @1stKiersten @1SnoozyQ @Bloomswest @7AndreaST @mkpcbeach @070yoyo1952doke @SilverB14502078 @Crashingmoonxo @Kokomothegreat @Wikweko @gretarasmussen @spacecowgirl915 @PuffDomino @shellpartduex @ShellyRKirchoff @Lets_Git_R_Done @1Chance2020 @jamlouh @msvespa @travelgraham @SlickVicUno2 @bluflowergarden @TeeBeeDee1 @mrsjmslade @LisaKeel9 @ AdamFloyd1973 @BlkSantaX @sergeivote @oregon_resister @PugMafia2 @deOrygun @RoseSage6 @SunnyDays024 @grammytammyd @SuggTessie Hey @cnn @ChrisCuomo @maddow @Trevornoah @chrislhayes @AC360 @nytimes @TIME Look at Boston police destroying their own police vehicle! #covid19 #boston #protests2020 #bostonprotest #GeorgeFlyod https://t.co/DT6ksRuW8o" / Twitter
then
Stuff About Hockey™ on Twitter: "@AOC Police destroying their own vehicle to blame proresters. https://t.co/7FDgmBL49t" / Twitter

Aaron Rupar on Twitter: ".@NYGovCuomo: "The protesters themselves have been making a very valid point: wake up America, we're killing people based on the color of their skin ... POTUS wants to make it a reality TV show of God & country. 'Call out the military & then I go to church & hold up a Bible.'" https://t.co/czmZR2G1QU" / Twitter
then
Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "CUOMO: "What POTUS did was he called out the American military against American citizens ... they used the American military to push back a peaceful protest ... just so he could have a photo op of walking to a church ... is that making America great? I don't think so." https://t.co/pSh9Pukz2b" / Twitter

Like AOC, a fellow New Yorker: "He holds that Bible like it’s burning him."

George Floyd's murder and the protests that followed it are the "same" incident ?!
I meant "protester" throwing a brick at a police officer and another officer drawing his gun in response.
And I was talking about the murder of George Floyd. Which happened BEFORE the protests.
As a matter of fact, it was the reason FOR the protests ;)

Hong Kongers have been on the streets protesting for over a year.

Not one shop looted.

Not. One.

I am happy to broadly agree with you for once.

In fact, I read of one incident where an opportunist thief did some looting (3 mobile phones) and the protesters tied him to railings until the police arrived to arrest him. He was charged, he confessed and was sentenced.

However, mainland Chinese-owned businesses were vandalised by the protesters and set on fire. Protesters also threw petrol bombs at police. For some reason, they drew a line at looting.

There weren't any riots happening before that guy was brazenly killed.

Not. one.

Still no excuse for the looting and rioting. Peaceful protest is fine.

I agree. The rioting and looting are disgraceful, no matter what.

There are so many factors in play it would be hard to count them all, and some of them may be unique to the USA, others will have parallels in other contexts.

The response of the police and government (which varies from place to place) is also one factor. In some places it seems to have been, both here and in the past, heavy-handed, militaristic and confrontational.

I think the USA has big social problems that have not have been adequately addressed over a long time. It's also clear that in at least some instances, the police seem to almost be a (heavily armed) law unto themselves.

Hong Kongers have been on the streets protesting for over a year.

Not one shop looted.

Not. One.
I think just about everyone gets that Hong Kong is not part of the USA. I think just about everyone here knows (or should know) that citizens of Hong Kong have a different history and culture. And I think everyone here knows that Hong Kong has a different government

So, I think everyone here already knew that point that looting and rioting are not necessarily part of mass protests.

So, did you have an actual point?

She most definitely mentions weaves. It just got cut from that version of the video for some reason.
Excuse me for using your link.
She wants to burn down suburbs, not "racist neighborhoods". Why are you equating suburbs with "racist neighborhoods"?
It was in your original link - her description of the suburbs.

No. Your position is that.
Thank you for proving my point.

And the official autopsy is independent of the hearse chaser Crump.
That would be obvious to anyone. Are you under the impression that the media needs to use valuable space and time to emphasis the obvious?
So why use the adjective "independent" for the private autopsy commissioned by the family lawyer, when said lawyer definitely has a dog in the hunt.
It is common practice.

Perhaps you should write to the media with your explanation in order to change their reporting. I think you have a real chance once they accept your explanation that
1) most people are too stupid to understand what independent means in that context, and
2) the media must report news to fit your ideological leanings.

And that excuses all this shit, how? Is no one responsible for their own behavior anymore?

I didn't make any excuses for riots or looting, and once again I'll ask for any evidence where that's the case.

The only apologia for crime is from your ilk using events after Floyd's death to try to excuse the sine qua non of the riots. Your posts in this thread have been prognosticating on the effects on the election and things like https://talkfreethought.org/showthr...ing-his-airway&p=796824&viewfull=1#post796824. LOLZ all you want, but it's not exactly the strongest position to then start lecturing others on the sanctity of life.

Still no argument from the people who think third degree murder was simply too much as to what the appropriate charge was. Still no acknowledgement from the people so concerned about the boogaboo oppo riots how easily this could have been prevented by just an iota of human decency.

Tom Jolly on Twitter: "Tomorrow’s @nytimes tonight (first edition):
As Chaos Spreads, Trump Vows to “End It Now”
#nytimes https://t.co/D4vV55KKEY" / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "You’ve got to be kidding me." / Twitter

Teagan Wall, PhD on Twitter: "Because of my work schedule, and the curfew in LA tonight, ..." / Twitter
Because of my work schedule, and the curfew in LA tonight, I decided to get the groceries we needed during lunch today. I will have nightmares tonight from what I witnessed. 1/

To start, let me say that I live in a predominately Latinx and Black neighborhood. Less than 10% of my neighborhood is white. As far as I can tell, my area has also been almost completely untouched by the looters/rioters. 2/

The Ralph's & CVS had boards over their windows today, but nothing was broken, & the other stores did NOT have boards up. The unopened 5 Guys, with a 100% glass store front, was pristine. The stores were crowded w/ people running errands before curfew. Everyone had a mask. 3/

Shopping took almost 2 hours. As I mentioned, stores were crowded. When I finally exited the store, it was like stepping into a completely different world. There were cops EVERYWHERE. Dozens of them, in packs. None of them were wearing masks. 4/

Why were they there? Good question? There were no protestors, or looters, or crimes being committed. The cops only seemed to be there to intimidate the folx shopping. People kept their eyes down, tried not to draw attention to themselves, HURRIED to their cars. 5/

It seemed like more cops kept appearing. Then, as I was leaving, I figured out why. The National Guard was using the major road South of the shopping center as a staging area. They had the roads blocked off with garbage trucks. 6/

There were HUNDREDS of soldiers, Humvees, and popo, staged in rows, up and down this major road. I had to go around to get home. I took this when I saw the first batch and it still seemed novel. 7/

None of them were wearing masks, they were all armed, and they were OCCUPYING my neighborhood where no protesting or looting as yet occurred. Can you imaging seeing an army, people you don't know, with weapons, take over your route home from the store? 8/

I'm white. I have SO much white privilege. When I saw the cops they SMILED at me. I was not the intended target of this show of force. These people were here for one reason: to terrify my black neighbors who have done NOTHING WRONG. 9/

Until I went to the store, I wad under the impression I lived in a wonderful, safe, diverse American neighborhood. Now I feel like I'm living in a war zone. The looters, rioters, and protestors didn't do that. The cops, mayor, and national guard did that. 10/

I can only imagine how my black friends and neighbor's feel. The injustice knows no bounds, and there will no be peace until there is justice. #BlackLiveMattters /fin

Tom Jolly on Twitter: "Tomorrow’s @nytimes tonight (first edition):
As Chaos Spreads, Trump Vows to “End It Now”
#nytimes https://t.co/D4vV55KKEY" / Twitter

then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "You’ve got to be kidding me." / Twitter

Teagan Wall, PhD on Twitter: "Because of my work schedule, and the curfew in LA tonight, ..." / Twitter
Because of my work schedule, and the curfew in LA tonight, I decided to get the groceries we needed during lunch today. I will have nightmares tonight from what I witnessed. 1/

To start, let me say that I live in a predominately Latinx and Black neighborhood. Less than 10% of my neighborhood is white. As far as I can tell, my area has also been almost completely untouched by the looters/rioters. 2/

The Ralph's & CVS had boards over their windows today, but nothing was broken, & the other stores did NOT have boards up. The unopened 5 Guys, with a 100% glass store front, was pristine. The stores were crowded w/ people running errands before curfew. Everyone had a mask. 3/

Shopping took almost 2 hours. As I mentioned, stores were crowded. When I finally exited the store, it was like stepping into a completely different world. There were cops EVERYWHERE. Dozens of them, in packs. None of them were wearing masks. 4/

Why were they there? Good question? There were no protestors, or looters, or crimes being committed. The cops only seemed to be there to intimidate the folx shopping. People kept their eyes down, tried not to draw attention to themselves, HURRIED to their cars. 5/

It seemed like more cops kept appearing. Then, as I was leaving, I figured out why. The National Guard was using the major road South of the shopping center as a staging area. They had the roads blocked off with garbage trucks. 6/

There were HUNDREDS of soldiers, Humvees, and popo, staged in rows, up and down this major road. I had to go around to get home. I took this when I saw the first batch and it still seemed novel. 7/

None of them were wearing masks, they were all armed, and they were OCCUPYING my neighborhood where no protesting or looting as yet occurred. Can you imaging seeing an army, people you don't know, with weapons, take over your route home from the store? 8/

I'm white. I have SO much white privilege. When I saw the cops they SMILED at me. I was not the intended target of this show of force. These people were here for one reason: to terrify my black neighbors who have done NOTHING WRONG. 9/

Until I went to the store, I wad under the impression I lived in a wonderful, safe, diverse American neighborhood. Now I feel like I'm living in a war zone. The looters, rioters, and protestors didn't do that. The cops, mayor, and national guard did that. 10/

I can only imagine how my black friends and neighbor's feel. The injustice knows no bounds, and there will no be peace until there is justice. #BlackLiveMattters /fin

She lost me at "Latinx". My god, the linguistic imperialism of some white folx.

Let's use a more analogous scenario. If a black cop did a similar thing to a white meth head, there certainly would not be nationwide riots or calls for a 1st degree prosecution by the likes of ZiprHead.

Don't place your bigotry on me. Anyone who commits such a vicious unfeeling murder deserves charges no matter the color.

Back
Top Bottom