• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fox and Friends - Whose Friend?

Gun Nut

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
None
Yesterday morning, on Fox and Friends, there was a segment apparently intended to underscore the emergency and crisis at the boarder.
The tagline was something like, "101 illegal immigrants arrested at border", and night vision video camera footage was playing showing the scene.
In the video, taken by a drone operated by border control, you can see a line of a large number of people climbing a section of wall using a ladder.
The talking points were all about the desperate need for Trump to get (the rest of) his wall... at any expense or hardship.. national emergency and all...

Let that sink in for a sec. I had a "wait a minute" moment...

What did that section of wall do? It held the ladder up for that (rather orderly) line of people.
How did they get caught climbing the wall? The drone spotted them.

Is Fox News so completely obtuse as to not see the irony there? I think not... not at all. With Trump having friends like Fox and Friends, who needs enemies?

"What's the matter Mr. President? We ARE helping... see all the illegals we are exposing!! Why are you so upset? <wink, wink.. nudge, nudge.. hehe>

Fox News (one vowel movement away from what it does to news) is not obtuse. But it knows most of its viewers are.

You're using critical thinking and logic on a FOX news story. Clearly you're not their target demographic.

Fox is the default station on the TVs where I breakfast a couple of times a week. (It's in a food court.) I am constantly switching it to MSNBC. If TSA was on my case and working on a confession, I think I could withstand 5 or 6 minutes of Fox. But that's a big maybe.

Fake News! Everyone knows drones can't see people walking, only people climbing ladders. That's why there were so many drone "accidents" under Obama. Also, Ben Gozzy!!!!111!

Fox is the default station on the TVs where I breakfast a couple of times a week. (It's in a food court.) I am constantly switching it to MSNBC. If TSA was on my case and working on a confession, I think I could withstand 5 or 6 minutes of Fox. But that's a big maybe.

A hotel near Wilmington NC was home for me for a week or so last fall. They had a nice breakfast spread and I'd go down every morning and load up. There was a TV - 60" or bigger - always tuned to FOX. And every morning there were a dozen or so dull-eyed caricatures of fat, dumb southerners staring blankly at the screen, looking more dead than alive as they soaked up the lies and propaganda. Each day, that spectacle wore on me more and more. By day three I was grabbing two plates full of food and bee-lining to the elevator, back up to my room, rather than sit in the room with those zombies. I really wanted to take a video - it was so totally like a scene from some sci-fi mind-control horror movie. But I didn't want any zombies coming after me...

Back
Top Bottom