• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fuck Justin Trudeau

Trudeau was being self serving. See my post above. He is betting that the majority of Canadians will side against Conservatives and will vote strategically against the Conservative party, which keeps him in power, as it brought him to power. Trump's antics to the south will bolster that moreso. His gamble is a pretty safe bet. Elizabeth May gave a great speech on this. I voted Green in 2015, and people kept pushing and pushing at me that my vote was a vote for Harper. Trudeau promised that this would be the last election where we would be pressured to vote strategically, and for him, and that the next one we could vote our conscience and have it count. He lied.

Holy shit. In all the other threads, you continuously go on about how liberals are so out of touch with everyone in the issues which they focus on, and here you have a prominent liberal discovering that an issue he was focusing on wasn't on the radar of like ... anybody ... so he dropped it in order to focus on other things and then you get all snowflake on him because he's decided not to care about your pet issue.

Trudeau wanted electoral reform but then, upon finding that nobody outside of the intelligentsia could work up half of an emotion about it, set it aside to focus on things that people wanted him to be doing. I'm in favour of it too, but the announcement that it was dropped barely merited a shrug from me because it's not really in the top fifty list of things I think the government should be prioritizing right now.

Trudeau was being self serving. See my post above. He is betting that the majority of Canadians will side against Conservatives and will vote strategically against the Conservative party, which keeps him in power, as it brought him to power.
Actually, the NDP was leading in the polls, when they committed a couple unforced errors, and that led to the Liberal party moving back into the lead. Trudeau's party was out of power because of the Status Quo, as the NDP and Liberal Parties were splitting each other's votes. This doesn't help consolidate power among the progressives in the nation. This makes it easier for the Conservatives to get back into power. I'm not certain why you are so angry about this.

I want everybody's vote to matter and for all voices to be heard. I agree that it is ridiculous that Harper was in power for so long merely because the left was split.

NDP leading in the polls is a point, but I was still told repeatedly that my vote that I said would be for Green should be for Liberal (or at the very least for NDP) to get rid of Harper. We've seen the same reasoning put against Americans in their recent federal election, with people blaming those who voted 3rd party for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Trudeau was being self serving. See my post above. He is betting that the majority of Canadians will side against Conservatives and will vote strategically against the Conservative party, which keeps him in power, as it brought him to power. Trump's antics to the south will bolster that moreso. His gamble is a pretty safe bet. Elizabeth May gave a great speech on this. I voted Green in 2015, and people kept pushing and pushing at me that my vote was a vote for Harper. Trudeau promised that this would be the last election where we would be pressured to vote strategically, and for him, and that the next one we could vote our conscience and have it count. He lied.

Holy shit. In all the other threads, you continuously go on about how liberals are so out of touch with everyone in the issues which they focus on, and here you have a prominent liberal discovering that an issue he was focusing on wasn't on the radar of like ... anybody ... so he dropped it in order to focus on other things and then you get all snowflake on him because he's decided not to care about your pet issue.

Trudeau wanted electoral reform but then, upon finding that nobody outside of the intelligentsia could work up half of an emotion about it, set it aside to focus on things that people wanted him to be doing. I'm in favour of it too, but the announcement that it was dropped barely merited a shrug from me because it's not really in the top fifty list of things I think the government should be prioritizing right now.

This isn't my pet issue. This is democracy, and was a campaign promise broken. This is a big middle finger to anybody in the Green or NDP parties and also a broken campaign promise. He did not find that nobody outside of the intelligentsia could work up half an emotion about it. He failed to ask the question on the survey he put forth.

This isn't my pet issue. This is democracy, and was a campaign promise broken. This is a big middle finger to anybody in the Green or NDP parties and also a broken campaign promise. He did not find that nobody outside of the intelligentsia could work up half an emotion about it. He failed to ask the question on the survey he put forth.

It wasn't just that. They've been talking about it for a year and nobody else has. He just spent a few weeks travelling around the country and taking questions from people* and taking hundreds of questions from the thousands he spoke to. Do you know how many questions he got regarding electoral reform? I'll give you a hint - it's a number less than one.

If you're going to do a major overhaul of the way our government is elected, it should be because there is a serious need for it which people are calling for. It should not be because academics think it would be cool. The Canadian people don't have a problem with our current electoral process. This isn't because they were tricked by loaded surveys, it's because they don't have a problem with it and because they don't feel like changing it should be something listed in the government's top 50 things to do.

* This is real taking questions from people, not having packed houses full of loyal supporters who lob softballs like they do in the US "taking questions from people"

Because it isn't an election year. And come 2019 when this becomes a hot issue again with the public it will be "not the right time" because an election is underway. We have been riding this wave for nearly a century now.

Because it isn't an election year. And come 2019 when this becomes a hot issue again with the public it will be "not the right time" because an election is underway. We have been riding this wave for nearly a century now.

I don't think it's ever been a hot issue with the public. There are certain segments of the public who kind of think it should be a good idea when they have someone point it out to them, but most of the time it's not a thing. The level of support for it is a good reason to place it at #86 on the government's to-do list, but if the government feels it only has the time and resources to get around to the top 50 in this mandate, then it should be dropped.

This would be a major overhaul of the electoral system and would involve a major political fight to implement it and there doesn't seem to me that there's the backing from the public to bother with either.

^ Keep this attitude in mind if the Conservatives win the next election because more folks like me vote 3rd party and don't listen to Trudeau as he asks use to vote for him instead, so our "votes count to keep the Conservatives out".

A democratic society is a society that is democratic from top to bottom.

Democratic in the workplace.

Ideals of living in a democratic society taught at the schools.

And bottom up democracy in government.

When there is real democracy, democracy that springs upward from the people as opposed to top-down democracy, democracy controlled by wealth, crushing people from above, then little things like this will not matter.

^ Keep this attitude in mind if the Conservatives win the next election because more folks like me vote 3rd party and don't listen to Trudeau as he asks use to vote for him instead, so our "votes count to keep the Conservatives out".

Well, please excuse Trudeau for not being a self-serving dilettante who forces changes on the Canadian people which they neither want nor need in order to give himself a partisan political advantage. You're right that this guy should go and fuck himself. What an asshole. :mad:

Canadians getting what they ask for. They gave this wack job a large majority now live with it. By the time his first term is over there will be so many new voters in Canada,the next election will be a landslide,and the next one, and the next one and so on. Canada the first western nation to turn to one party state...enjoy.

Canadians getting what they ask for. They gave this wack job a large majority now live with it. By the time his first term is over there will be so many new voters in Canada,the next election will be a landslide,and the next one, and the next one and so on. Canada the first western nation to turn to one party state...enjoy.

Eh? What you saying? He got majority because Harper (Conservative Party) screwed so many people over and they voted "strategically" for the traditional alternative, the Liberal Party.

Justin knows well that losing first past the post plays well as an election promise but will hurt his future prospects.

He needs to keep it lesser of two evils and keep the good out, because he knows he is the lesser evil.

Right and your Liberals never screw any one over...Please. Now we have a man who lets in refugees without even checking to see if they have a criminal record, That makes sense! Native people who already feeling like the have been Screwed over by your buddy Justin, he has done nothing for this country yet,how long now 20 months. As for the lesser evil I would expect a Liberal to say that. He was more concerned with meeting Muslim refugees at the airport than going out to Alberta to see the destruction of homes and peoples lives in Fort McMurray Alberta,hows that for being SCREWED over!

Right and your Liberals never screw any one over...Please. Now we have a man who lets in refugees without even checking to see if they have a criminal record, That makes sense! Native people who already feeling like the have been Screwed over by your buddy Justin, he has done nothing for this country yet,how long now 20 months. As for the lesser evil I would expect a Liberal to say that. He was more concerned with meeting Muslim refugees at the airport than going out to Alberta to see the destruction of homes and peoples lives in Fort McMurray Alberta,hows that for being SCREWED over!
It is worse than you think. PM Trudeau will be sending all those refugees to live in Conservative voting provinces. You know, just in case something happens, his base isn't affected. Whoops.

It is worse than you think. PM Trudeau will be sending all those refugees to live in Conservative voting provinces. You know, just in case something happens, his base isn't affected. Whoops.

The thought process was probably closer to "They might flip the provinces politically."

Back
Top Bottom