• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gaza: Some honest casualty numbers

http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/en/article/20674

Plenty of "civilians" are found on the membership lists of terrorist organizations.

The real score is about equal between combatants and civilians, typical for Israeli attacks.
*Phew*

It is a relief that only 80+ civilians are dead instead of double that. I noticed that the link didn't include the number of civilians wounded in the attacks. But I'm certain that number will remain below some threshold that'll make all of this no big deal and that this military effort will lead to some actual end of hostilities between both parties and final agreement will come forth.

After all, isn't that what this is all about? I doubt Israel would want to hunt down terrorists and kill civilians as collateral damage due to civilians being put into harms way by Hamas just so that nothing could be accomplished that would either improve Israeli security or finalize a peace deal. I mean that would be stupid!

Plenty of "civilians" are found on the membership lists of terrorist organizations.

The real score is about equal between combatants and civilians, typical for Israeli attacks.

Considering Palestine does not have an army then all combatants are civilians.
How do you expect the Palestinians to stop when Settlers with government tacit support constantly seize land and properties and evict the residents?
Whatever the Palestinians decree God is, to the settlers he is an estate agent. God told them the land is theirs for the taking
If someone invades an Americans home he is allowed to repel them, why can't the Palestinians have that right?
When evicted Palestinians live in squalid camps but can still see the Israelis who occupy their farms, picking their fruits and harvest the crops they once had, do you really think they want to exercise restraint at all times?
When Gaza houses are flattened and dozens of civilians are killed that is simply self defence.
No promoted and boosted HAMAS more than Israeli government policy and the conduct of the settlers. In the USA they are supported by the militant Jewish Defence League.
There is room in the region for both and ethnic cleansing by the Israelis is not the answer

How do you expect the Palestinians to stop when Settlers with government tacit support constantly seize land and properties and evict the residents
Whatever the Palestinians decree God to be, to the settlers he is an estate agent.
If someone invades an Americans home he is allowed to repel them, why can't the Palestinians have that right.
When evicted Palestinians live in squalid camps but can still see the Israelis who occupy their farms, picking their fruits and harvest the crops they once had, do you think they want to exercise restraint?
When Gaza houses are flattened and dozens of civilians are killed that is simply self defence.
Given all this, no one has boosted HAMAS more than the Israeli governments and settlers
There is room in the region for both and ethnic cleansing by the Israelis is not the answer.

*Phew*

It is a relief that only 80+ civilians are dead instead of double that. I noticed that the link didn't include the number of civilians wounded in the attacks. But I'm certain that number will remain below some threshold that'll make all of this no big deal and that this military effort will lead to some actual end of hostilities between both parties and final agreement will come forth.

After all, isn't that what this is all about? I doubt Israel would want to hunt down terrorists and kill civilians as collateral damage due to civilians being put into harms way by Hamas just so that nothing could be accomplished that would either improve Israeli security or finalize a peace deal. I mean that would be stupid!
And to date, thankfully, only one Israeli civilian has been killed.

- - - Updated - - -

And for some depraved reason, you think that is okay (even assuming your biased source is accurate).

And to date, thankfully, only one Israeli civilian has been killed.
Actually, using Loren's definition that civilian would be classified as combatant. He was a volunteer bringing food to IDF soldiers.

So, its "typical" for military actions by the Israeli government to be just as likely to murder innocent civilians as to kill enemy combatants.
Sounds like a government that should be strongly opposed and not in way whatever supported by any remotely moral nation.

Yes the IDF needs care packages.Please send some nice corn beef now.

*Phew*

They have to do their own research to figure out who is a terrorist--time consuming and that's not a government organization. It's no surprise they focus on the dead.

Considering Palestine does not have an army then all combatants are civilians.

Note that I said "combatants". The lack of a formal army doesn't make the people civilians.

How do you expect the Palestinians to stop when Settlers with government tacit support constantly seize land and properties and evict the residents?

This is Gaza. No settlers.

If someone invades an Americans home he is allowed to repel them, why can't the Palestinians have that right?

You don't repel an invader by shooting at civilians.

When evicted Palestinians live in squalid camps but can still see the Israelis who occupy their farms, picking their fruits and harvest the crops they once had, do you really think they want to exercise restraint at all times?

They live in "camps" (which look an awful lot like cities) because that's what the Arabs did in 1948--keep them down to use as cannon fodder. Israeli attempts to improve their lot after the 1967 war drew enough protest that they were dropped.

No promoted and boosted HAMAS more than Israeli government policy and the conduct of the settlers. In the USA they are supported by the militant Jewish Defence League.
There is room in the region for both and ethnic cleansing by the Israelis is not the answer

The only ethnic cleansing I see is by the Palestinians/Arabs.

- - - Updated - - -

So, its "typical" for military actions by the Israeli government to be just as likely to murder innocent civilians as to kill enemy combatants.
Sounds like a government that should be strongly opposed and not in way whatever supported by any remotely moral nation.

That record is *FAR* better than ours. Why don't you squawk at Washington?

Would you have me listen to this propaganda piece from Israel and ignore what Wikipedia says? Do you only read biased Israeli propaganda? The actual civilian casualty count comes to about 80% and many are CHILDREN. Watch who you call biased.:eek:

Would you have me listen to this propaganda piece from Israel and ignore what Wikipedia says? Do you only read biased Israeli propaganda? The actual civilian casualty count comes to about 80% and many are CHILDREN. Watch who you call biased.:eek:

You're actually looking at data straight from Hamas, not an impartial observer.

Your link is to the Israeli Heritage and Commemoration Center . You are telling me that is something from Hamas? Pardon me while I sweep up all this broken egg shell....I was only born yesterday! Give me a break, Loren!

Your link is to the Israeli Heritage and Commemoration Center . You are telling me that is something from Hamas? Pardon me while I sweep up all this broken egg shell....I was only born yesterday! Give me a break, Loren!

They actually do the research to find the names on the terrorist rosters.

Why do you think Hamas is so credible? They've been repeatedly proven wrong.

If you think Hamas is not credible, why on earth would you believe research based on Hamas-made rosters?

If you think Hamas is not credible, why on earth would you believe research based on Hamas-made rosters?

I doubt Hamas (or the other terrorist organizations) are going to list the people as members if they aren't.

As for Hamas reporting:

http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/8076.htma

I doubt Hamas (or the other terrorist organizations) are going to list the people as members if they aren't.
I see. Hamas is credible when they provide data that you agree with, otherwise they are not credible. Your defense of your cherry-picking is evidence of bias and nothing else. And, of course, being a listed member Hamas does not necessarily mean one is a terrorist.

Last edited:
Since Hamas was born out of oppression and they live under constant oppression, what they do is not really terrorism.

It is violent resistance to oppression. A very different thing. Not necessarily justified, but not terrorism.

Since Hamas was born out of oppression and they live under constant oppression, what they do is not really terrorism.

It is violent resistance to oppression. A very different thing. Not necessarily justified, but not terrorism.

Please link where you got that definition of terrorism? I'm just curious........

Please link where you got that definition of terrorism? I'm just curious........
You want a link to my brain?

Think for yourself.

If you were born in a place where this foreign power oppressed everyone around you. Denied you a decent education. Denied you economic opportunity. Even denial of sufficient food.

Would you just sit back and take it?

Or might you try to fight your oppressor in any way you could?

Back
Top Bottom