• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Zimmerman Arrested On Domestic Violence And Weapons Charge

Trayvon Martin was unsuccessful in his attempt to avoid Zimmerman. Both Zimmerman and Jeantel stated that Martin was trying to get away, and we all know he failed.

I have no idea why you think Martin would have been "busted". He had a legal right to go to a 7-11, make a purchase, and walk home on that sidewalk. Or rather, I do have an idea but it requires you to still be peddling that stupid story about purple drank despite the fact Martin had none of the ingredients.

Trayvon *had* broken contact--Zimmerman didn't know where he was and Trayvon had to be able to see that. Obviously, Trayvon was hiding somewhere nearby.
Trayvon had broken contact, but ther is no reason to think he was "hiding". Otherwise he wouldn't have dialed Jenteal again and started talking about other gibberish.

Trayvon Martin was unsuccessful in his attempt to avoid Zimmerman. Both Zimmerman and Jeantel stated that Martin was trying to get away, and we all know he failed.

I have no idea why you think Martin would have been "busted". He had a legal right to go to a 7-11, make a purchase, and walk home on that sidewalk. Or rather, I do have an idea but it requires you to still be peddling that stupid story about purple drank despite the fact Martin had none of the ingredients.

Trayvon *had* broken contact--Zimmerman didn't know where he was and Trayvon had to be able to see that. Obviously, Trayvon was hiding somewhere nearby.

Bullshit on all counts. There was no "contact" between the two until Zimmerman confronted Trayvon. There was no "broken contact" from that point until Zimmerman killed Trayvon.

All there was prior to Zimmerman confronting Trayvon was Zimmerman stalking Trayvon and Trayvon trying to avoid Zimmerman.

Curious, why is it okay that GZ followed TM in the first place?

Because GZ felt that TM was casing houses. They had a burglar in the neighborhood that had been described as black, GZ felt that TM was likely that burglar (and from what came out afterwards he was probably right) and he was calling in the cops on him.

The neighborhood burglars had already been arrested, and Zimmerman knew that. He had no reason whatsoever to suspect Trayvon was a burglar, and there was nothing that "came out afterwards" to suggest that Zimmerman was "probably right"

Accusing Trayvon of being a burglar is right up there with accusing Trayvon of trying to make "Purple Drank" that night - totally fabricated in order to justify the murder of a teenager by a known violent aggressive thug.

Zimmerman is either Charlie Brown incarnate or simply a sociopath.
Given how many arrests this jerk has had for being a violent prick - both before and after he murdered Trayvon - it just disgusts me how many people still defend him.
Just because Z is a violent prick doesn't mean that Trayvon wasn't one as well. And being a violent prick does not mean one forfeits one's right to self defense or the need for the state to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
I love how this argument is used by Zimmerman apologists, but one-way only. And it should be noted, the more times you get yourself into these situations, the less your own testimony becomes trustworthy.

Good to see that team Trayvon was a Nigger* is back in full force.

*Urban Youth.

We have little evidence of Trayvon being violent. We have much evidence that Zimmerman is.

Curious, why is it okay that GZ followed TM in the first place?
Doesn't GZ have the same right to walk around in his neighbourhood as TM?

As for following TM in particular, he was member of the neighbourhood watch and saw a guy he thought was acting suspiciously. Simply following TM to see where he went seems reasonable and within his rights.
After he reported Martin, the police told him to stay put. He didn't.

As for following TM in particular, he was member of the neighbourhood watch and saw a guy he thought was acting suspiciously. Simply following TM to see where he went seems reasonable and within his rights.

I'll add that Zimmerman immediately assumed Trayvon was guilty of a crime, not merely that Trayvon was acting suspiciously, as Zimmerman said "these assholes, they always get away". That doesn't prove Zimmerman is guilty of course, but for me it makes me highly doubt Zimmerman's testimony.

Seems like the pro Z sluts are singing a slightly different tune on this go round.

Was this the wine bottle that broke the Z slut's back.

Well yes, and aside from that he was trained by neighborhood watch to never follow a suspicious person at all.
He was not acting as a neighborhood watch captain at the time, he was instead breaking neighborhood watch rules. So. "Reasonable"? Not according to the police, not according to neighborhood watch. He was being an idiot. An aggressive, bigoted idiot. (a "thug".)

Well yes, and aside from that he was trained by neighborhood watch to never follow a suspicious person at all.
He was not acting as a neighborhood watch captain at the time, he was instead breaking neighborhood watch rules. So. "Reasonable"? Not according to the police, not according to neighborhood watch. He was being an idiot. An aggressive, bigoted idiot. (a "thug".)
And had Martin been an actual armed thug, looking to do no good and was armed, Zimmerman could have been shot and killed... the reason why Officers don't want civilians getting inserted into these situations.

Trayvon had broken contact, but ther is no reason to think he was "hiding". Otherwise he wouldn't have dialed Jenteal again and started talking about other gibberish.

If he had broken contact and wasn't hiding that means he was away from there and came back.

Bullshit on all counts. There was no "contact" between the two until Zimmerman confronted Trayvon. There was no "broken contact" from that point until Zimmerman killed Trayvon.

All there was prior to Zimmerman confronting Trayvon was Zimmerman stalking Trayvon and Trayvon trying to avoid Zimmerman.

I was using "break contact" in this context--getting out of threat, not physical contact.

I was using "break contact" in this context--getting out of threat, not physical contact.

It's interesting that by using that term you confirm Zimmerman was a threat to Martin, and that Martin was right to view him that way. But why apply it to this situation, when neither Zimmerman nor Martin was engaged in a military action? And even if your use of a military term to describe the actions of two civilians is appropriate, how would Martin have known when he got to a place where Zimmerman couldn't shoot him? Martin suspected Zimmerman wasn't stationary, and he was right about that, too.

Last edited:

Well that would certainly be an interesting context:

"CONDITIONS. The platoon/squad Trayvon is moving or stationary. The enemy Zimmerman fires on the platoon/squad Trayvon. The platoon/squad leader orders the platoon/squad Trayvon tries to break contact."

Zimmerman did not fire on Trayvon but I suppose stalking him was a similar threatening action to fit your definition.

So Zimmerman was the enemy that needed evading. Yes, that sounds like what Trayvon tried to do but Zimmerman continued to stalk him and eventually found him, confronted him and killed him.

They characterize the point you are trying to make or make a sweeping pronouncement without making a case. They only matter to you without evidence you share with me (and others who don't already agree with you). It's that simple. Feel free to strike out statements from me that are of a similar nature (e.g., this is clear, this is absurd). If this is "stanning" then I'm guilty as charged. Maybe I care more about the integrity of the debate than fanning the flames.

There is no such evidence that Zimmerman tried to detain Martin

There clearly is. The location of Martin's body, the testimony of Rachel Jeantelle. This one is really easy.

Why are people still Stanning for this violent dude George Zimmerman?

Why are people still Stanning for this violent dude George Zimmerman?

Because to do otherwise would mean those people were wrong, and more than that, they chose the immoral side.

Wrong and immoral is an admission that is not going to happen.

Learned a new word today. I thought it was a typo the first time. But the repeats made me look it up.

urban dictionary said:
Stanning
The act of being overly obsessed with an artist/person/character/etc.

STalker + fAN = STAN

Eminem's song "Stan" embodied all the aspects of what it means to be a huge fanatic of a music artist, and the word has since been used to encompass all obsessive fan behavior.
My Xander love comes from my Buffy stanning.

I've been stanning Beyonce for so long I couldn't stop if I wanted to.

Learn something new every day.

Yes, and the only reasonable continuation was that Zimmerman hunted Martin down.

Seriously, who follows someone in their car, and then jumps out and chases said person when they start to run off? And no, I will not argue over this, it's documented in Zimmerman's own 311 call.

Again, just quit Stanning.

This is interesting juxtaposed against the argument that the "evidence" that Zimmerman was not lying about events was the "history" of Martin being a thug. It was all so "probable" that Martin was the instigator. So the evidence now shows that Zimmerman is a much more violent and vicious thug than Martin ever was. So we can now conclude that Zimmerman was probably lying in all of his testimony about the actions that he claims Martin made that triggered Zimmerman's "self defense need," right?
To be fair, GZ was being threatened on a regulatory basis after the TM homicide case. That might make one acquire weapons for fear of retribution. His life really went to shit during and after the incident - some of it his own doing. I remember all the vilification being showered on the guy - some of which was legitimate while others was not. I also recall having discussions with some people who couldn't seem to understand the innocent until proven guilty standard of American justice; they seem to think that following someone and manifesting mistrust verbally was sufficient reason to justify a pounding by TM. We don't know who started the physical altercation, which is important to remember. And just because GZ lied doesn't make him probably lying in all his testimony. Was all that Dorian Johnson said probably a lie because parts of his testimony were clearly at odds with the physical evidence? I am trying to be fair, though selective focus creeps in sometimes. Nobody else seems to be apologizing for their selective focus. It's like nobody wants to unilaterally disarm or something.
He was a lying, violent thug BEFORE he killed a kid. Nothing has changed except his notoriety.

He was a lying, violent thug BEFORE he killed a kid. Nothing has changed except his notoriety.

Now now, he did save that busload of white, Christian orphans before the bus exploded... and by that I mean arriving on scene of a SUV rollover after everyone had gotten out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-victims-florida-car-crash-article-1.1405783
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-crash-victims-white/
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/26/does_george_zimmermans_car_hero_story_add_up/
http://mnprogressiveproject.com/short-and-hot-george-zimmerman-faked-being-a-hero/

Please don't get me wrong - I am not trying to justify Zimmerman doing anything more than calling 911 to report a suspicious person. Plausible scenario(s) follow his statement about, "these guys always getting away." That could mean he meant to detain one himself or just follow them - which is more likely? The intent to follow was clearly evidenced in his 911 call. There was no expressed intent to detain and no previous history of attempted detainment of suspects. There was a spat of robberies before the incident with suspects fitting the description of Martin (unfortunately) - http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425. And no definitive sign they would not continue. Zimmerman had a gun for fear of a dog who cornered his wife (mostly) and he was not a member of Neighborhood Watch at the time, as I erroneously trotted out earlier.

Whereas following a suspicious person was worthy of punishment, it is not clear who started the physical altercation - Rachel wasn't sure about that either. So how do you choose between two plausible scenarios when neither can be supported without a reasonable doubt? GZ could have attempted a detainment of TM before he got away, followed by the physical altercation and wounds on Zimmerman. It could also be that TM attempted to put a beat down on the "creepy cracker" for following him. Either scenario could be true. If the truth was the former, I would share the utter contempt for this man most everyone seems to have (in this forum). However, I would not share the level of contempt if was the latter. I'm keeping an open mind until it is forced closed with evidence. And please don't be telling anyone what they should or should not be doing on this forum... if it's not against the rules. :realitycheck:

Now now, he did save that busload of white, Christian orphans before the bus exploded... and by that I mean arriving on scene of a SUV rollover after everyone had gotten out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-victims-florida-car-crash-article-1.1405783
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerman-crash-victims-white/
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/26/does_george_zimmermans_car_hero_story_add_up/
http://mnprogressiveproject.com/short-and-hot-george-zimmerman-faked-being-a-hero/
And did so before emergency crews even arrived. Super Zimmerman.
Either scenario could be true. If the truth was the former, I would share the utter contempt for this man most everyone seems to have (in this forum). However, I would not share the level of contempt if was the latter. I'm keeping an open mind until it is forced.
Zimmerman did not sustain much injury at all, despite the UFC attack from Martin. Zimmerman pursued Martin when notified that he shouldn't. The testimony of Martin's friend implies that Martin did not jump out at Zimmerman out of the blue.

Martin is needlessly dead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom