• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good Man With Gun who finally stopped bad guy... killed by police

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

article said:
That's when Johnny Hurley, 40, evidently confronted Troyke and killed him with his handgun. "A responding Arvada Police Officer then encountered Mr. Hurley, who was holding the suspect's AR-15," the police statement said. "The officer shot him."

"Arvada PD views Mr. Hurley's actions as heroic," the statement went on, adding that his "actions certainly saved others from serious injury or death."
So we finally see a "good guy with a gun" make a difference for a change... and he was shot and killed by the Police, whom apparently don't have implants in their brains which put blue marks over good guys with guns and red marks over bad guys with guns.

The guy risked his life to stop a threat and never thought his greatest risk was from the Police because the Police aren't mind readers.

To kill someone all a cop has to say is "I was afraid".

As long as guns are legal the police will always be able to say that.

"I thought I saw a gun."

This goes to show you. If you're going to loot the body of some guy you just killed, make sure there aren't any cops around first.

Was the victim of the police officer actually point the AR-15 towards the officer? If not, this is inexcusable.

My guess is the cop arrived knowing a suspect had been shooting at the police and just opened fire as soon as they saw the guy holding the weapon.

Remember those cops that drove up and immediately shot that kid with a toy gun?

This goes to show you. If you're going to loot the body of some guy you just killed, make sure there aren't any cops around first.

Nah, it just means "put down the stupid gun first".

For whatever reason he picked up the assailant's weapon. That action was probably something that if not done, would have likely resulted in him not being shot.

For whatever reason he picked up the assailant's weapon. That action was probably something that if not done, would have likely resulted in him not being shot.

Yeah. If you need to ensure the bad guy doesn't shoot any more you kick the gun away, you don't pick it up.

I thought it has already been established that I can't trust the police statements. But whatever.

I thought it has already been established that I can't trust the police statements. But whatever.
It sounds like they are actually investigating to ensure this was one continuous act, and not two different things.

It sounds like they are actually investigating to ensure this was one continuous act, and not two different things.

I don't speak that language so sorry if that makes absolutely no sense to me. It seems like a separate independent team of investigators is investigating Johnny Hurley's death. I'll wait until there is actual camera footage released to corroborate the police statement because police statements don't mean shit to me these days (this can change in the future though).

Back
Top Bottom