• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good prayer for smiting your enemies

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
I need a good “prayer” about smiting your enemies, like a psalm, proverb or some good imprecation from the Bible that helps me smite my enemies.

ive tried google but they are all from Xtian websites ignoring the violence in the Bible.

I need a good “prayer” about smiting your enemies, like a psalm, proverb or some good imprecation from the Bible that helps me smite my enemies.

ive tried google but they are all from Xtian websites ignoring the violence in the Bible.
"Imprecatory prayer"

Google top result:
Major imprecatory Psalms include Psalm 69 and Psalm 109, while Psalms 5, 6, 11, 12, 35, 37, 40, 52, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 79, 83, 94, 137, 139 and 143 are also considered imprecatory. As an example, Psalm 69:24 states toward God, "Pour out Your indignation on them, and let Your burning anger overtake them."

Who are you looking to smite?

The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, ... their land shall be soaked with blood, ... For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance. Isaiah 34:7-8

Reactions: SLD

Putin. A semi religious friend was looking for something and I was helping him. I found psalm 69 eventually.

Let their own table before them become a snare; and when they are at peace, let it become a trap.

Let their eyes be darkened, so that they cannot see, and make their loins tremble continually.

Pour out your indignation upon them, and let your burning anger overtake them.

May their camp be a desolation; let no one dwell in their tents.

For they persecute him whom you have struck down, and they recount the pain of those you have wounded.

Add to them punishment upon punishment; may they have no acquittal from you.

Let them be blotted out of the book of the living; let them not be enrolled among the righteous.

I imagine the Russian Orthodox Church will have a counter prayer for Putin.

Battle Hym Of The Republic

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.

(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.

(Chorus)

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal";
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on.

(Chorus)

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

(Chorus)
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me.
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,[15]
While God is marching on.

(Chorus)
Our God is marching on.

Patton's player at the Battle Of The Bulge written by a minister,

Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression of wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations”.

Putin. A semi religious friend was looking for something and I was helping him. I found psalm 69 eventually.
I would suggest that your friend visit a voodoo or obeah priest or priestess if they want to single out Putin. Biblical curses generally target whole armies or communities even to genocide. Voodoo or obeah curses are generally much more specific.

Well, that is if your friend only wants to 'smite' Putin and not all Russians. Apparently the Christian god goes berserker once someone gets him riled.

Last edited:
God I promise to be good if you smite Charley my neighbor. He's a real pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom