• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP admits publibly to voter suppression. Promises to ramp it up in 2020.

Heh. Called it.

So how can Donald Trump win the 2020 election? He is not going to win new voters, everybody's mind has been made up about him. The Democrats could self implode, but I suspect the Democrat party took the lessons of 2016 to heart. Discrediting the Democratic nominee is possible, but everyone is now suspicious of swiftboating since the 2004 elections. So it's my opinion that the only Trump can win the election is by denying people who vote Democrat the ability to do so. And whilst Trump is a fucking moron, the people propping him up are not.

I haven't been able to find the actual material--this has been challenged, he says he was saying that Republicans are traditionally blamed for vote suppression, not that they have been actually doing it. Without the original I consider this allegation only likely but not proven.

I haven't been able to find the actual material--this has been challenged, he says he was saying that Republicans are traditionally blamed for vote suppression, not that they have been actually doing it. Without the original I consider this allegation only likely but not proven.
It's from a ~20 minute audio recording of the event.

https://apnews.com/af2f0ede054d8baebbe1bb6ca47b4895

The actual recording isn't published, but I've no reason to doubt the reports.

When the red states are going after voter suppression with tongs, pitchforks, and kettles of self-justifying goo ("We're only fighting voter fraud, people"), do you really need them to acknowledge what they're doing? Do you really expect them to be honest about it?

When the red states are going after voter suppression with tongs, pitchforks, and kettles of self-justifying goo ("We're only fighting voter fraud, people"), do you really need them to acknowledge what they're doing? Do you really expect them to be honest about it?

Of course! Racism only counts as racism if someone says "I am a racist" before doing the racist thing, and you're absolutely certain they aren't joking, ironic, or misquoted by radical leftists.

The issue is that would suppose that he is then saying Republicans should lie about voter suppression too.

Back
Top Bottom