• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

GOP - Voter registration effort in Ferguson is disgusting

KeepTalking

Code Monkey
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, Secular Humanist, Pastifarian, IPUnitard
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/conservatives_furious_voter_registration_booths_are_popping_up_in_ferguson

"In an interview with Breitbart News, Missouri RNC executive director Matt Wills expressed outrage about the reports" of voter registration booths popping up in Ferguson, Breitbart reports.

“If that’s not fanning the political flames, I don’t know what is,” Wills said, “I think it’s not only disgusting but completely inappropriate.”

Wills explained that the shooting death of Michael Brown was a tragedy for everyone.

“This is not just a tragedy for the African American community this is a tragedy for the Missouri community as well as the community of what we call America,” he said. “Injecting race into this conversation and into this tragedy, not only is not helpful, but it doesn’t help a continued conversation of justice and peace.”

Seriously, WTF is wrong with the GOP? The answer to the systemic problems in Ferguson is most definitely getting the people of Ferguson to vote for community leaders who truly represent them. What disgusts me is the effort by the GOP to disenfranchise minority voters everywhere.

Don't riot, Ferguson, get the fuck out and vote! That should be the message. You would think even the GOP would get behind that, but they just can't stand to have black people voting.

If black people in Ferguson started voting instead of rioting when would the Ferguson PD ever get the chance to use all their sweet military gear?

So don't engage in illegal actions like rioting to effect changes in how government behaves ... and, while you're at it, also don't engage in legal actions like voting to effect changes in how government behaves.

Because to this guy registering to vote is an inappropriate response to oppression?

Yeah, we hear you. Don't riot. Don't vote. Don't talk back to cops... I think we've seen this act before.

Back
Top Bottom