• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Great Reset Coming Soon

Am I the only one that reads the words "The Great Reset" in Ron Paul's voice?

I'm starting to believe the spiritual contact is Bernie Sanders or some really good weed.

In case you don't know, the Qanon conspiracy theory called The Great Reset
The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, nor is it a conspiracy. It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Looking at the WEF website, it appears the WEF is talking about a completely differant "Great Reset" than the OP. Just because they are calling it the same thing doesn't mean they are the same.

But thanks for the link. It was interesting.

The OP in this thread stated straight off that the Great Reset is part of the World Economic Forum agenda.

"You will own nothing and you will be happy" is a statement made in a WEF social media video in 2016.

It does not help dialogue when people like Don2 basically try to shut down discussion about the WEF's agenda by claiming it is a conspiracy theory.

The OP in this thread stated straight off that the Great Reset is part of the World Economic Forum agenda.

"You will own nothing and you will be happy" is a statement made in a WEF social media video in 2016.

It does not help dialogue when people like Don2 basically try to shut down discussion about the WEF's agenda by claiming it is a conspiracy theory.
Not anyone else's problem if the OP completely misunderstands the WEF platform.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about CTists here. I know they have been around forever but the internet is supercharging dissinfo. I don't think the gen pop takes it seriously enough IMO.

No, the op claimed detractors of his CT are lunatics who call it a CT and part of his claim is all the CT stuff is on the WEF website which is exactly what Great Reset CTists say. People who call the QAnon Version of the CT a CT are not lunatics. The Great Reset CT includes tons of disinformation, bad inferences, fake documents, and even quote-mining actual WEF Great Reset phrases. So, of course a Great Reset CTist is going to claim it's all on their website.

Furthermore, a QAnon CTist is going to talk about spiritual predictions, so you can check that box you left out as well.

This is exactly the kind of out-of-context phrase that CTists push. Now it is getting interesting because you are defending it. Why on Earth would you defend quote-mining?

It does not help rational dialogue when people like Metaphor basically try to shut down one side of the discussion because their instinctive reaction is to argue and so they end up defending anything right-wing, even spirit predictions.

No, the op claimed detractors of his CT are lunatics who call it a CT and part of his claim is all the CT stuff is on the WEF website which is exactly what Great Reset CTists say. People who call the QAnon Version of the CT a CT are not lunatics. The Great Reset CT includes tons of disinformation, bad inferences, fake documents, and even quote-mining actual WEF Great Reset phrases. So, of course a Great Reset CTist is going to claim it's all on their website.

Furthermore, a QAnon CTist is going to talk about spiritual predictions, so you can check that box you left out as well.

This is exactly the kind of out-of-context phrase that CTists push. Now it is getting interesting because you are defending it. Why on Earth would you defend quote-mining?
What is out of context about it? What do you think I've falsely implied? What am I "defending", except the fact that the WEF exists and the Great Reset is its brainchild?

It does not help rational dialogue when people like Metaphor basically try to shut down one side of the discussion because their instinctive reaction is to argue and so they end up defending anything right-wing, even spirit predictions.
I'm not trying to shut down anything.

I'm starting to believe the spiritual contact is Bernie Sanders or some really good weed.

The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, ...

Nothing that QAnon re-labels and perverts into a CT originated with QAnon.

nor is it a conspiracy.

The Great Reset is both an actual thing and a perversion of the actual thing ala End Times spiritual predictions.

It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Hello! The original Great Reset is not the same as AIDS being passed around from covid vaccinations as told by a spirit contact.

The Great Reset did not originate with Qanon, ...

Nothing that QAnon re-labels and perverts into a CT originated with QAnon.

nor is it a conspiracy.

The Great Reset is both an actual thing and a perversion of the actual thing ala End Times spiritual predictions.

It is the brainchild of the World Economic Forum, and open discussion and advertisement of a plan is not a 'conspiracy theory'.

Hello! The original Great Reset is not the same as AIDS being passed around from covid vaccinations as told by a spirit contact.
Are you sure? Because that sounds like exactly the kind of thing accountants would come up with, if only to dispel their image as boring men in grey suits.

Well, it would be, if they weren’t boring men in grey suits.

While jdf5's post does seem cuckoo it isn't a wild idea that a new system is put in place after economic turmoil.

For example, the Panic of 1907 led to the creation of the Federal Reserve. Then the Federal Reserve abused the whole money tied to gold thing since it cost them pennies to print $100 while foreigners had to exchange something actually worth $100 to obtain a Benjamine. That's when Nixon nixed the gold standard. Both were tumultuous economic events leading to major changes in the US Finacial system. I'm certain other countries share the same theme at different times for similar reasons.
Totally agree with this.

Furthermore, it isn't beyond my belief our government would love the excuse to track and control everyone using their own new forms of fiat digital currency. The IRS would love this.

Despite the FACT that global debt is continually expanding, there is not enough of it.

As most people who follow my work are already aware, the current central bank run global financial system is debt based, and at its core what this means is every conceivable reason, including things which the average person could not even dream of, must and will be utilized to continually find reasons/create more reasons to borrow more cash into existence. As of late the two biggest machinations being forced upon the people of the world and are currently being used as mechanisms to pull EPIC sums into the now by more borrowing are:

1. Global disease processes like Covid and the various variants thereof, also

2. Expanding war(s).
THe interesting thing is the US economy is dealing with inflation, debt increased notably... and the dollar is...

...well... the US Dollar is GAINING in strength.
Its called the milk shake theory.

The dollar is strong after losing around 90% of its value since the Fed's conception. It's a circus with the Federal Reserve doing the juggling & congress dropped the ball. +¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't think reality requires a great reset conspiracy. Everything crazy is happening out in the open.

The dollar is strong after losing around 90% of its value since the Fed's conception. It's a circus with the Federal Reserve doing the juggling & congress dropped the ball. +¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I don't think reality requires a great reset conspiracy. Everything crazy is happening out in the open.
Playing with the currency seems to be a world wide game. The Swiss, with their Swiss franc, was the final nation to abandoned hard currency. In 2000 Switzerland switched from gold backed currency to fiat currency. Apparently even the Swiss couldn't resist the power fiat currency gives a government.

Gold is a dumb basis for a currency, unless your country has an economy whose size is directly proportional to the quantity of gold that has been mined.

It’s just about possible to use gold as currency without disaster, as long as a) the amount of gold in existence doesn’t fluctuate much, and b) your economy doesn’t grow or shrink very much.

Medieval economies, with an almost entirely static structure, almost zero growth, almost zero inflation, and very low and fairly constant gold production, can get away with using gold as money.

Industrial and post industrial economies go to shit if they try to use gold as money. Because the availability of gold, and the demand for currency, are completely unrelated and independent things in such economies.

The only reason anyone thinks gold and money should be related is tradition. The very idea is absurd, and would be laughed out of town if it were an entirely new suggestion.

Do you have a specific link where we can see that statement in context? The link I clicked was useless.
By the way, are we to assume that Yoko Ono and John Lennon were part of the WEF/Illuminati conspiracy?

The FRB has a target inflation rate of 2% per year; the FRB was established 108 years ago. Had it delivered its target inflation throughout that period*, the dollar should have lost 88% of its value. I'd say they're doing a pretty good job.

Start a new thread if you don't understand why a small predictable inflation rate is much BETTER for an economy than zero inflation. Start a different thread if you don't understand why the hysterical anti-inflation screeds on YouTube are just tripe aimed at the uneducated.

As bilby points out, precious-metal money became problematic in an economy growing by leaps due to technology. Modern fiat money MAY be precarious, but the absurdity of the Hyper-Libertarian view is that they can't quite decide whether "intrinsic worth metals" or cryptocurrencies backed by nothing would be the preferable choice over modern Central Bank money!

ETA: In an earlier thread I did get two Likes for my creative "Einsteinian" explanation of modern Central Bank money:
Albert Einstein allegedly said:
"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat."

Modern money creation is not difficult to understand. A century ago banks had gold in their vaults and issued paper that could be exchanged for that gold. Modern banking is just the same, only without the gold.

Do you have a specific link where we can see that statement in context? The link I clicked was useless.

By the way, are we to assume that Yoko Ono and John Lennon were part of the WEF/Illuminati conspiracy?
Isn't that a determination you can make for yourself?

First, @ Metaphor — you seem confused about the distinction between Description and Prescription.

My impression is that the makers of that webpage were various prognosticators, not predicting with a single voice. I know QOPAnoners and related Ilks view WEF as part of the Illuminati/Cabal trying to refashion our world. Where do you fall on that spectrum?

Your sentence is the first sentence in an embedded video there, but the text at your link does not contain the word "happy." It has four instances of "own", all in the following paragraph.

1. All products will have become services. “I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes,” writes Danish MP Ida Auken. Shopping is a distant memory in the city of 2030, whose inhabitants have cracked clean energy and borrow what they need on demand. It sounds utopian, until she mentions that her every move is tracked and outside the city live swathes of discontents, the ultimate depiction of a society split in two.

Your one-sentence summary of this WEF page, even though it does match the first line of the video, seems rather . . . peculiar.

The webpage had a text image that may be worth reproducing:
B0aH8eTRFBUuwMSi0Of4PKZwncXJRkhg9G5HaWuiGXU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom