• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Guilty Verdict in Loud Music Shooting

Arctish

Centimillionaire
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Humanist
Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

Dunn, 47, was charged with murder after shooting into an SUV full of teenagers at a Jacksonville, Florida, gas station following a squabble over the music emanating from the teens' vehicle.

Dunn has said he shot at the vehicle because he thought Davis had a weapon and feared for his life, but the prosecution has alleged Dunn was the aggressor and pointed out he kept firing even after the teens fled.

Three of the 10 shots that Dunn fired struck Davis, one of them cutting through his liver, a lung and his aorta.

Investigators say Davis never had a weapon, nor was one found in the teens' SUV or the surrounding area.

Poor decision here. Loud music can damage one's eardrums and increase the potential for hearing loss. Being assaulted in that manner meant that he was just standing his ground.

This sends the wrong message to America. It says shooting people is a bad idea and that we should try to avoid it whenever possible. Where did we go wrong as a nation?

The SUV had 31 guns in it, all with the safeties off. But despite having alcohol in his system, the man could clearly tell the danger at hand. The entire gas station should be praising the guy as he prevented the deaths of the 200 or so people that were there. I mean, it isn't like the shooter fled the scene of the crime. He knew what he did and reported it immediately to the police.

I wonder if all those people who defended Dunn back then are humiliated by the verdict.

Not to insult these jurors, but who were the idiots who voted Not Guilty the first time?

Poor decision here. Loud music can damage one's eardrums and increase the potential for hearing loss. Being assaulted in that manner meant that he was just standing his ground.

I'd laugh if people weren't actually proffering that argument seriously the first time around.

Back
Top Bottom