• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happening Now: Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, armed, barricades self in Fort Lauderdale home, police called

You guys should read Free Republic:
"This is a private story of a private family who deserves privacy. This is none of our business but unlike us, Democrats will try to take advantage of this private family tragedy."

Right....Republicans never talked about Bill Clinton's semen on a blue dress in public. Also, they never used the State to hire a special prosecutor to investigate a sitting President. Back then, the DoJ was used to defend Clinton just like now when the DoJ defends Trump. Nope, Republicans are not hypocrites.

Also, this:
"Praying for the family.

(((They need our prayers, not our gossip.)))
"

Right...

This is what is being stated after finding out that this guy hits his wife. Beats her. And is a wild angry drunk.

But Clinton. He got a consensual blowjob!!!!!111!!1

Apparently, the family values party means the following:
  • If it's a personal, family scandal about Republicans, throw it in the closet,
  • if it's a personal, family scandal about Democrats, shout it from the rooftops and use public money to investigate it.

As I understand it, there's a news story coming out of Britain of the Trump campaign targeting black people for voter disenfranchisement. Pascale testified before congress that no ethnic targeting was occuring. Pascale is looking at going to jail for perjury.

I'll see if I can find the story. Found it first hit, just came out this morning.

Trump 2016 campaign 'targeted 3.5m black Americans to deter them from voting'

As I understand it, there's a news story coming out of Britain of the Trump campaign targeting black people for voter disenfranchisement. Pascale testified before congress that no ethnic targeting was occuring. Pascale is looking at going to jail for perjury.

I'll see if I can find the story. Found it first hit, just came out this morning.

Wait, so are they lying that he beat his wife and is an angry drunk in order for them to have an excuse to get him into a protected treatment center?

Seriously what is the benfit? If he's an angry drunk hypocrite who targets disenfranchising black people through political machinations, wouldn't that be a plus to his base? Wouldn't they love him for it?

They should send a psychiatrist to calm him down, and assure him he doesn't have to do what the bad man made him do anymore. The nightmare is over.

It's pretty damn hard to find a psychiatrist to visit patients in a safe office! You're not going to find many willing to put themselves in uncertain situations with a person off their rocker but armed. His wife reported to 9-11 that he had numerous guns in the house and was prepared to use them.

My cousin just was hired by a Colorado police department as a "ride along" psychotherapist who specializes in trauma. His job is to respond to incidents that require mental health professionals, and not armed militia.
This is exactly the thing he would have been brought to help out with to avoid unnecessary and potentially lethal engagement.

Good for your cousin. He's a hero. I can tell you that in Washington and Oregon, there is a grave shortage in mental health workers. Very hard to find good ones when you have good health insurance and the setting is safe. I don't think that it will be easy to find enough to replace the police when responding to domestic issues. Secondly, you said that he was hired to "ride along" with cops. So, it's not like he's replace cops. He's not dumb enough to go into uncertain and potentially dangerous situations without backup!

bad boys, bad boys...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjAqS35D8ZU[/YOUTUBE]

this could go also go in the police misconduct thread.

bad boys, bad boys...

1) Why the fuck are there so many armalites present?

2) Why the fuck is this video readily available for public consumption so soon after the incident?

3) Why the fuck wasn't one officer designated to talk to the subject? Having multiple cops screaming at the same time is a recipe for disaster.

Despite all that, this is the most professional I have seen US police act towards citizens in recent history. And nobody died. Funny how that works.

As an European, my first reaction to this headline was: "Not even the tallest players in NBA are 3.5 meters tall. That would have no impact on the election at all!"

bad boys, bad boys...

Not cool that this is going public. I feel bad for him. It's not his fault. He's a republican whom I don't agree with this. But he doesn't deserve this. He has a medical issue. It's no different from you or me who has a seizure from a heart condition that causes panic and it's exposed to all to see. He deserves grace.

bad boys, bad boys...

Not cool that this is going public. I feel bad for him. It's not his fault. He's a republican whom I don't agree with this. But he doesn't deserve this. He has a medical issue. It's no different from you or me who has a seizure from a heart condition that causes panic and it's exposed to all to see. He deserves grace.

You sure? Personally, I think he has an ethics issue. He is a wife beating racially disenfranchising asshole. He belongs in a place where he has no access to women or political disenfranchisement/advisory capacity.

Maybe that place is one with padded walls, good drugs, and daily group session, but he belongs in a place, and we deserve to be able to talk about why.

bad boys, bad boys...

Interesting. There appears a context to that officer's actions, but yeah, that was quite sudden. And a great example of how uttering commands and expecting instant cooperation, when a person needs to first understand the commands is a bit crazy.

But I think that officer might have known that Parscale was hitting his wife.

Ok, playing devil's advocate (not because I agree) if Parscale had a gun in his pocket this was actually a fairly clean and fast takedown of a non brittle non elderly suspect with no further physical impacts. He would have had no time at all to pull his gun. But it seemed fairly unlikely he had a gun from visual inspection.

Should he have come out in speedo type underwear accoding these jumpy cops?

So let's review 'only the best people', shall we:

for his 2016 campaign:
Kellyanne Conway. ROFL. Her history speaks for itself (although hey, at least this one isn't in jail!)

Corey Lewandowski: Lied to the investigative committee, should have been charged with perjury (at the least)
https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...-he-lied-tv-about-russia-investigation-2019-9

After that was Paul Manafort. Charged, convicted, jail time..... 'nuff said.

Steve Bannon - crackpot whose only previous experience had been with Breitbart. Arrested and charged with fraud. Trial pending.

I'd say the shithead in the whitehouse has stellar record here.

My cousin just was hired by a Colorado police department as a "ride along" psychotherapist who specializes in trauma. His job is to respond to incidents that require mental health professionals, and not armed militia.
This is exactly the thing he would have been brought to help out with to avoid unnecessary and potentially lethal engagement.

Good for your cousin. He's a hero. I can tell you that in Washington and Oregon, there is a grave shortage in mental health workers. Very hard to find good ones when you have good health insurance and the setting is safe. I don't think that it will be easy to find enough to replace the police when responding to domestic issues. Secondly, you said that he was hired to "ride along" with cops. So, it's not like he's replace cops. He's not dumb enough to go into uncertain and potentially dangerous situations without backup!

He told me that they gave him a bullet proof vest to wear on duty... and correct, he is not replacing anyone.. he is an addon.

Ok, playing devil's advocate (not because I agree) if Parscale had a gun in his pocket this was actually a fairly clean and fast takedown of a non brittle non elderly suspect with no further physical impacts. He would have had no time at all to pull his gun. But it seemed fairly unlikely he had a gun from visual inspection.

I really don't think that we should be blaming the cops for being jumpy! Anyone dealing with someone who is mentally ill and off their rocker would be crazy to not be jump! Mentally ill people are very difficult to deal with and unpredictable.

I really don't think that we should be blaming the cops for being jumpy! Anyone dealing with someone who is mentally ill and off their rocker would be crazy to not be jump! Mentally ill people are very difficult to deal with and unpredictable.

The problem isn't being jumpy. The problem is being jumpy with shit trigger discipline.

The problem isn't being jumpy. The problem is being jumpy with shit trigger discipline.

Well, it's easy to Sunday morning quarterback judge someone facing a crazy person who is armed. But anyway, why do you think that they had "shit trigger discipline"?

Well, it's easy to Sunday morning quarterback judge someone facing a crazy person who is armed. But anyway, why do you think that they had "shit trigger discipline"?

I suspect the context is Jimmy's statement, "uttering commands and expecting instant cooperation, when a person needs to first understand the commands is a bit crazy." I think Jimmy was comparing Parscall's reaction time in this incident to repeated commands from Officers in other incidents we have looked at in the PD forum. In these other threads, defenders of Authoritarian overreach insist that trouble can easily be avoided if suspects would simply instantly comply with the commands of Police Officers.

This thread offers another example of a man who likely would gladly obey any orders from a Police Officer that he could understand, but didn't even after a police officer told him FOUR times to "Get on the ground, Man."

I'm reminded of the Stephon Clark incident where the Police approached him in the dark in his own backyard holding a cellphone. They didn't identify themselves as Police, only told him TWICE to "Show me your hands," before they opened fire on him killing him. Strangers yelling commands from the shadows should be instantly understood and complied with according to the authoritarian sympathizers. It's not that simple and it needs to be factored into trigger discipline.

Back
Top Bottom