• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happening Now: Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, armed, barricades self in Fort Lauderdale home, police called

The problem isn't being jumpy. The problem is being jumpy with shit trigger discipline.

Well, it's easy to Sunday morning quarterback judge someone facing a crazy person who is armed. But anyway, why do you think that they had "shit trigger discipline"?

Simple: when you have decent trigger discipline, you have been trained to decide rather than merely react.

The first rule is to to keep your finger off the trigger, out of the trigger well, until you are absolutely sure you want something dead. You are supposed to THINK before you shoot.

I mean shit, being crazy IS NOT a capital crime.

Also, who am I, Jarhyn, to speak of trigger discipline? I'm a goddamn veteran. It's not that hard to restrain yourself even in a scary situation. I've had to do it. Sure, it isn't fun, but being crazy, even being crazy "while potentially armed" - which isn't a differentiation since anyone could be potentially armed according to authoritarians and every one of us naked apes is fucking batshit crazy - is not a capital crime.

If I can restrain myself from shooting erratic people clearly armed with automatic rifles, cops can restrain themselves from shooting someone who is not clearly armed.

Back
Top Bottom