• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Happy Solstice Day

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Today is Monday, December 21. The Winter Solstice is today. Happy Solstice to one and all.

In a month, Trump is out and Biden is in. And with luck, Georgia will be kind to the Democrats. Birds will sing, cats will meow and leave their Xmas trees, and many Americans will celebrate with dancing in the streets and champagne, and happy dances will circle the globe.

May our 2021 be a vast improvement over 2020.

It's always good to know that the days are brightening. This year particularly because Dumpo the Wankstain is leaving. The winter solstice would come and go in years past, now I look forward to the days getting longer, knowing that the shortest, darkest days of the year are behind me. Time to start thinking about the trees, the garden, new projects, doing some hiking and a bit of travel. It's not any different than what our ancestors did, at least in these latitudes.

Last year I did a lot of bird watching, put out a lot of oranges and other things for the migrating orioles and other birds. Had our first blues and chickadees nest in the yard. I guarantee that hasn't happened here in a hundred years. Was good to see.

Merry Yule, everyone!

The velvet dark and lowest light
Triumph of the Goddess most kind
She watches o'er us through the cold of night
And bids us leave worries behind

Cry out "Make Merry"
Cry out "Trim the Hearth!"
For Blessed Yuletide is Here
Sing Ho! dilly-derry
Let song fill the earth
On the shortest day of the year

And also fuck Trump, Amen.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWYnVepM8VM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Fuck You, 2020!

Neighbors made this galaxy like spiral in their yard out of evergreen boughs. Looked pretty cool on top of the snow. Still looks pretty cool even now with the snow gone. Never saw that one before. Celtic I think.

Back
Top Bottom