• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hennepin County DA goes soft on carjackers

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
So two thugs hijacked and murdered a man in Minneapolis. The triggerman got 21 years (way too lenient already, should be life without parole) but the appropriately named Mary Moriarty, public defender cum new fauxgressive DA of Hennepin County gave the other one a plea deal with no prison time whatsoever, just time spent in pretrial detention.
Husayn Braveheart sentenced to time served after plea deal in fatal carjacking
KARE11 said:
Braveheart's sentence comes after the Hennepin County Attorney's Office accepted an offer from the defense to have the defendant plead guilty to a lesser count of first-degree attempted assault — great bodily harm in the death of 39-year-old Steven Markey. Braveheart and Jared Ohsman carjacked Markey at gunpoint on June 11, 2019, a crime that ended with Ohsman fatally shooting the victim.
That's what happens when you elect a fauxgressive DA, especially one with a background as a public defender. She still works for the criminals, and against regular people of Hennepin County. Disgusting!
Husayn Braveheart will be back in court Monday for a hearing on two aggravated robbery cases he is charged in that occurred before Steven Markey's death. Hennepin County Courts spokesperson Matt Lehman says the judge in those cases set bond at $250,000, and if that bond is posted Braveheart can be released.
He is a repeat offender too. There is no justification for the lenient sentence whatsoever!

There is a lot to criticize Amy Klobuchar for, but she did an infinitely better job as Hennepin County chief prosecutor than Professor Moriarty's great granddaughter. For example, she prosecuted the murderer of an 11 year old girl instead of hiring him.

Last edited:
What does the DA say is the reason for the plea?

Were they trying to get enough evidence to ensure conviction of the one who pulled the trigger?

Some version of blah blah they were young blah blah he responded well to some programs she has.
Typical fauxgressive pablum.

In reality, the explosion of carjackings by young people that we are seeing is due to DAs like Moriarty going soft on the perpetrators.

Were they trying to get enough evidence to ensure conviction of the one who pulled the trigger?
According to the reporting, both perps sang like canaries when they were arrested. So I do not think there was any lack of evidence, just unwillingness to prosecute to the full extent of the law on the part of the left-wing prosecutor who still behaves as a public defender.

The guy that killed the victim was 16 years old at the time. The other guy was 15.

According to the reporting, both perps sang like canaries when they were arrested. So I do not think there was any lack of evidence, just unwillingness to prosecute to the full extent of the law on the part of the left-wing prosecutor who still behaves as a public defender.
This was a deal also accepted by the judge. It's not just the prosecutor who handles these issues.

Mr Braveheart is technically not a repeat offender since he has not been found or pled guilty to charges of crimes that occurred before the car jacking. In addition, he had spent nearly : years in jail awaiting trial.

DA Moriarty is somewhat controversial since she had taken office due to the perceived lrniency in her actions.

In reality, the explosion of carjackings by young people that we are seeing is due to DAs like Moriarty going soft on the perpetrators.
I presume you have some actual evidence for this claim?

I mean beyond the fact that it appears obvious to people who start with your prejudices.

Last edited:
What makes you so certain that it's the result of DAs going soft and not the increasing availability of guns to dumbass youngsters?
Tom

What makes you so certain that it's the result of DAs going soft and not the increasing availability of guns to dumbass youngsters?
Tom
Don't be so hard on Derec. Of course 16 yr old car jackers think before hand "what kind of a cushy deal can I get from the county prosecutor if I commit this crime?"

My first thought, also. The first to talk get the lighter sentence.

Back
Top Bottom