• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Here we go again: David Duke says voting against Trump is "treason"

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777

Gosh, it seems like there are so many white supremacists who are running as Republicans or publicly expressing support for Republican politicians.

But didn't those Republican voters repeatedly tell us that the Democrats are the "real white supremacists" because prior to the Civil Rights movement, most of the racists voted for Democrats?

What is "build a wall" or "kick them out" besides red meat for racists?

Trump is not afraid in his mansion in Florida or his NYC skyscraper or at the White House.

There is no real problem except the poverty south of the border.

I was pondering why anyone would care what Duke said, but this dates to 9 months before the General Election. And at that moment, he was speaking to Republican primary voters.

It does seem odd that Trump was so quickly aligned with the racist wing of the GOP. Despite the age of the article, there is this nugget that apparently turned out to be very true.

article said:
In December (2015), Duke told POLITICO that Trump’s candidacy allows Americans to be more open about their racial animus.

“He’s made it OK to talk about these incredible concerns of European Americans today, because I think European Americans know they are the only group that can’t defend their own essential interests and their point of view,” Duke said. “He’s meant a lot for the human rights of European Americans.”

I was pondering why anyone would care what Duke said

Lots of people do. When he ran for governor in Louisiana years ago he was ahead in the polls. The the business community got together and said a Duke win would embarrass lots of the larger employers and they would probanly move to another state. Then his polls went down when people feared losing jobs or having to relocate. Also, go over to Stormfront and see how many people visit that place everyday.

I was pondering why anyone would care what Duke said, but this dates to 9 months before the General Election. And at that moment, he was speaking to Republican primary voters.

It does seem odd that Trump was so quickly aligned with the racist wing of the GOP. Despite the age of the article, there is this nugget that apparently turned out to be very true.

article said:
In December (2015), Duke told POLITICO that Trump’s candidacy allows Americans to be more open about their racial animus.

“He’s made it OK to talk about these incredible concerns of European Americans today, because I think European Americans know they are the only group that can’t defend their own essential interests and their point of view,” Duke said. “He’s meant a lot for the human rights of European Americans.”

He's a prominent white supremacist leader. Of course what he says matters, especially to Republican voters.

article said:

He's a prominent white supremacist leader. Of course what he says matters, especially to Republican voters.
The OP title said "Here we go again​". That implied this was new.

Sorry, my bad on that one. I posted that without looking at the date.

Still, we can find plenty of more recent statements of support from white supremacists.

Sorry, my bad on that one. I posted that without looking at the date.

Still, we can find plenty of more recent statements of support from white supremacists.
Trump's support among white supremacists is certainly without doubt. His ethnocentric immigration policies are a hit amongst the deplorables in this country.

I'm imagining a dystopian novel, where an epidemic lethal disease arises in Africa, and spreads to the US and Europe. The cure is developed in Africa by an entity that has proprietary control over it. Only black doctors are allowed to administer it, so many people refuse treatment... and 35% of the populations in the US and Europe therefore perish.
*shrug*

Back
Top Bottom