• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Here’s the psychological problem that causes Trump supporters to keep getting duped

DhZOur0W0AIYXKS.jpg

Here.

DhZOwlmW0AE1erH.jpg

DhZOxqKW4AIeK4I.jpg

Higher living standard for (some) steel producers = lower living standard for everyone else.

I must be suffering from cognitive dissonance because for the first time I have come to understand what Trump means by "tired of winning". We are working 12 hour days because of lack of qualified help, and after working 85+ hours last week it would be nice to slow down to around a 60hr week. US Steel is hiring people at my location but not fast enough to keep up with our demand. The area in general is booming with economic activity right now as well.

As an aside, Trump is supposed to actually be coming to make a speech at our facility on Thursday.

Will you be offering to suck his dick or lick his ass?
The only thing he wants is our contined support at the voting booth. And he will have mine and many others too.

Im actually glad I voted for both Obama and Trump. Obama saved Chrysler and my pension after Bush almost destroyed the auto industry. And Trump brought me back to work at US Steel with his steel tarriffs.

Assuming your facts are correct, how does the higher price of steel now benefit anyone other than parasite steel producers like you?

Since we all have to pay higher prices now for steel, and there are layoffs in companies which have to cut back because of the higher cost, how is this lower standard of living for millions of others paid for by the higher living standard for you and your fellow parasites?

Do you understand that your windfall is paid for by millions of others who are made worse off?

So you recognize that your parasitic gain is no reason for anyone else to favor these changes.

So these are purely selfish economic reasons on my part but definitely not cognitive dissonance in anyway shape or form. I would rather be prosperous than poor.

You deserve credit for recognizing that it's only you and a few fellow steel producer parasites who are made more prosperous (by the steel tariffs), while most others are paying for it and are made poorer.

I must be suffering from cognitive dissonance because for the first time I have come to understand what Trump means by "tired of winning". We are working 12 hour days because of lack of qualified help, and after working 85+ hours last week it would be nice to slow down to around a 60hr week. US Steel is hiring people at my location but not fast enough to keep up with our demand. The area in general is booming with economic activity right now as well.

As an aside, Trump is supposed to actually be coming to make a speech at our facility on Thursday.

Will you be offering to suck his dick or lick his ass?
The only thing he wants is our contined support at the voting booth. And he will have mine and many others too.

Im actually glad I voted for both Obama and Trump. Obama saved Chrysler and my pension after Bush almost destroyed the auto industry. And Trump brought me back to work at US Steel with his steel tarriffs. Trump has also been responsible for causing both my property values and 400k stock values to increase dramatically as well.

So these are purely selfish economic reasons on my part but definately not cognitive dissonance in anyway shape or form. I would rather be prosperous than poor.

I apologize for my comment above. It was crude and uncalled for.

Cool, sounds like you are putting up your hand to pay back $16 billion (so far) in bailouts to the agricultural sector as a result of the trade war then?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44945112

Are they winning too?

Nobody needs a new name for ignorance and the effects of ignorance.

This has been known without the fancy name for a long time.

Free education. It should include college now.

And government education free of religion.

I disagree - somewhat - with the lack of need. The D-K label sets a common vocabulary and meaning for a very repeatable phenomenon...

What I have seen here is it is most often a worthless insult when a person has a bad argument they can't support.

"You can't see my brilliance because of the D-K effect."

I think a better term is cognitive dissonance.

Chronic derpitude.

Back
Top Bottom