• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

High-rise in Brazil collapses from fire

Rather graphic video here I can't help but wonder if this will maybe convince a few (if only a few) 9-11 deniers that yes, intense fire can weaken steel and lead to a building collapse.

What is a 9-11 denier?

I'm hoping the answer is not trivial, like one who denies that the tragic events of 9-11 even occurred. I'm leaning to making the assumption that it's similar to climate change deniers, where they do not in fact deny that climate changes but rather something else not so trivial.

Rather graphic video here I can't help but wonder if this will maybe convince a few (if only a few) 9-11 deniers that yes, intense fire can weaken steel and lead to a building collapse.

What is a 9-11 denier?

I'm hoping the answer is not trivial, like one who denies that the tragic events of 9-11 even occurred. I'm leaning to making the assumption that it's similar to climate change deniers, where they do not in fact deny that climate changes but rather something else not so trivial.

He's actually talking about the 9-11 truthers, who are so called because they reject the truth about 9-11, in favour of a set of truly bizarre and stupid ideas - perhaps the stupidest of which is the idea that they are in pursuit of anything that in any way resembles the truth.

What is a 9-11 denier?

He's actually talking about the 9-11 truthers, who are so called because they reject the truth about 9-11, in favour of a set of truly bizarre and stupid ideas - perhaps the stupidest of which is the idea that they are in pursuit of anything that in any way resembles the truth.

Correct. There are so many conspiracy theories out there that sometimes it's tough to keep track of the appropriate terminology.

Correct. There are so many conspiracy theories out there that sometimes it's tough to keep track of the appropriate terminology.

I think I get it now. If so, your terminology is still fine. I just wasn't sure if was like the holocost deniers, which I'm speculating actually denied that it happened.

In this case, and in line with what Bilby and you say, I'm thinking a 9-11 denier then is a person who denies something related to the event. Not that it happened but maybe why it happened or denies who was behind it, or denies some obvious truth in place of conspiratorial beliefs.

Given your original post, I'm assuming there are 9-11 truthers (as Bilby says) that have some weird belief they hold as true and are 9-11 deniers (as you put it) in that at least some of them deny the possibility that "fire can weaken steel and lead to a building collapse."

You do know that materials used in the building in your link was supplied by the same set of covert operatives that infiltrated the twin towers during construction, right? [/late night humor, lol]

I think I get it now. If so, your terminology is still fine. I just wasn't sure if was like the holocost deniers, which I'm speculating actually denied that it happened.

In this case, and in line with what Bilby and you say, I'm thinking a 9-11 denier then is a person who denies something related to the event. Not that it happened but maybe why it happened or denies who was behind it, or denies some obvious truth in place of conspiratorial beliefs.

Given your original post, I'm assuming there are 9-11 truthers (as Bilby says) that have some weird belief they hold as true and are 9-11 deniers (as you put it) in that at least some of them deny the possibility that "fire can weaken steel and lead to a building collapse."

You do know that materials used in the building in your link was supplied by the same set of covert operatives that infiltrated the twin towers during construction, right? [/late night humor, lol]

Right. I was thinking of people who deny that fire can sufficiently weaken steel to the point that a high-rise building will collapse when I said 'deniers'. This new incident should (but probably won't) convince them that it is possible even in the case that the building structure wasn't previously severely compromised by an airliner impact.

Back
Top Bottom