• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton Derail From Religion Of Libertarianism

LOL. Good response. While I disagree that Obama was in Iran's pocket, I do agree that Obama was weak internationally. As for Trump, he's a moron whose greatest claim to fame will be that he beat Hillary in the 2016 election.

I've made an effort to discuss things with Angelo and see things from his perspective. In many threads. But his only perspective in all of them seems to be that reality is wrong. I've been extremely patient. But there's no point arguing with people like that. I just reached a point where I gave up

It's good for people to try and communicate.

You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't use reason to accept.

It's good for people to try and communicate.

You cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't use reason to accept.

Correct. Is that what you are saying the subject person is doing? What specific positions are you claiming they didn't use reason to obtain? That Iran had Obama in their pocket? I disagree with that assertion but can see why some people, especially conspiracy theorists, might wonder if Obama didn't get a piece of Iran's $100+ Billion in unfrozen assets. As for Obama's red line in Syria; it's stupid to do such a thing and then back down.

I'm sorry, exactly which "despots and crackpot regimes" fear Trump? North Korea has used him like a chew toy. Russia controls him; China shat all over him with their own retaliatory tariffs that will only further destabilize our economy and:

Not to mention China's increasing involvement with Afghanistan and Pakistan that we won't do shit about while Trump is in office.

Saudi Arabia just openly assassinated a prominent journalist critical of the new position its taken (allying itself more and more with Russia, not us), Iran is most likely back to developing nukes thanks to Trump and ISIS is far from over.

So I'd love to see who you're referring to.

Economy you say?

Are you on meth?

Iran had Obama in their pocket

Not according to every intelligent person who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about in the entire world, so, no, but even if true, that also does not answer the question. You think Iran fears Trump? What is your evidence?

Syria...*snip more attempts to backpedle*

Also in no way fear Trump. As tragically, if hilariously illustrated when they immediately re-opened the abandoned airfield Trump traitorously told them he was going to blow up.

Are any of you aware that iran is the sponsor of most of the the terrorist attacks throughout the Middle East and beyond. That the Syrian regime is their client state? That the Trumpet has restored sanctions on Iran damaging their economy and perhaps isolating them for the pariah state that it is. Thousands of of Iranians are protesting in the streets chanting " death to America, death to Israel " so I'd say, yes, America is now feared as before under the spineless Obama it was ridiculed by the mullahs and other Islamic despots of tin pot nations.

Are any of you aware...

Yawn. Are YOU aware that “thousands of Iranians” chanting “death to America” in the streets proves that they’re not afraid of Trump?

Meh... Iranians in the streets are just very well motivated by the republican guard. They're the Iranian equivalent of the German brownshirts. Facisms little helper.

They're often either paid or threatened. Iran has a plethora of ways to strong arm people into chanting whatever the regime wants.

Could that be because they're enraged that someone is actually standing up to their terrorist regime, and has the power to actually cripple their economy?

Could that be because they're enraged that someone is actually standing up to their terrorist regime, and has the power to actually cripple their economy?

Once again, that doesn’t mean they fear him as you had claimed.

Trump is the world’s laughing stock. Not a single country fears him, let alone “despots and crackpot regimes” (whatever that means). And the whole world knows—thanks to leaks within his own inner sanctum—that he’s not allowed to touch any of the big boy buttons during his executive nap time.

North Korea publicly butt fucked him over and over and over again and he kept taking it and praising them and sucking Jong Un’s dick on the national stage. “He wrote me meaningful letters and we fell in love.” They have video footage of Trump saluting one of his generals ffs.

He will go down in history as one of the most astonshingly incompetent morons to have ever walked the planet, if not traitor and Putin’s little cuck.

Trump is loathed worldwide. U.S. prestige is an all-time low. These judgments are quantifiable. Google what Canadians think of us. No one should need to google what Mexicans make of us. If you're Australian, you got a taste of Trump's vulgarity and stupidity (not to mention how he dishonors our commitments) in his first week on the job. If you're British, you heard the OA (orange asshole) theorize that the Brits bugged him on Obama's request. If you're German, you heard how your country is a puppet of Russia. If you're North Korean, you heard how your leader is strong, competent, obviously loves his people, and how Trump fell in love with him. Trump is a one-man tidal wave of anti-Americanism. It will take a long, long time to clean up his mess -- and other nations will realize that all it takes for America to zig-zag back to crazy is the next Presidential election.

The second he’s thrown out of office is the second he’s forgotten. The whole world knows it. They just hit the “snooze” button as far as America is concerned. All he’s doing is fucking America over for a quick money grab, just as Putin instructed.

The second he’s thrown out of office is the second he’s forgotten. The whole world knows it. They just hit the “snooze” button as far as America is concerned. All he’s doing is fucking America over for a quick money grab, just as Putin instructed.

No, we made that mistake with Bush and I like to think that we've all wised up by now and have realized that this is an essential part of who you are as a nation and that you're not going to change and we just can't rely on you.

America is like an abusive boyfriend. Every now and again, you bring us an Obama and make us remember all the sweet things which made us fall in love with you in the first place, but as soon as we open our hearts and let you back into our lives, you go and pull out a Trump and the relationship becomes worse than it ever was before.

Speaking on behalf of the rest of the planet - we're just not that into you anymore.

No, we made that mistake with Bush and I like to think that we've all wised up by now and have realized that this is an essential part of who you are as a nation and that you're not going to change and we just can't rely on you.

America is like an abusive boyfriend. Every now and again, you bring us an Obama and make us remember all the sweet things which made us fall in love with you in the first place, but as soon as we open our hearts and let you back into our lives, you go and pull out a Trump and the relationship becomes worse than it ever was before.

Speaking on behalf of the rest of the planet - we're just not that into you anymore.

If we can retake the House today, that will give us the ability to get Trump's tax returns and/or open Mueller's floodgates, which in turn will at least result in pushing Trump into a corner; resign or face the rest of his term answering thousands of questions about every single crime he's ever committed.

Iow, we can right the wrong through proper channels of due process and show the world that although a failsafe ironically failed to prevent this horrific debacle, we corrected it and took strong action to peaceably remove a wannabe despot.

After months of dragging Trump over broken glass and exposing every ounce of his putrescence so that even his own fluffers can no longer deny, well, everything, that would go a long way to recover our standing and that's exactly what Mueller would have to do and is no doubt preparing now.

But the sweep of the House (and any minor upsets in the Senate) will also show everyone in Congress that allying with Trump won't help them. Once that's affirmed, they'll start turning faster than a black swan.

While I do hope you're right, I have zero faith in you as people that you'll actually do anything like that.

I'm not so convinced. USA is rising out of a recession. Idiot Americans might think that this rise has to do with Trump. In which case he'll get re-elected. Bush Jr managed to be re-elected despite all the ways he fucked up.

There's a lot of just random, being at the place at the right time, going on in politics. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump becomes a popular president. But there is a recession on the horizon. If it hits now, he'd be pretty fucked.

But it's nice that he lost control over the house of representatives. Now he's got to start becoming an actual politician if he wants to get anything done. That means trying to charm all people, not just those who voted for him.

I'm not so convinced. USA is rising out of a recession. Idiot Americans might think that this rise has to do with Trump.

They already do, but then, they’re idiots.

In which case he'll get re-elected.

Not a chance. Think what it took for him to get elected in the first place. And now that we’ve taken the House, no matter what blather the right tries (as they always try) they more than any of us respond in a binary fashion to losing. It’s just hard wired in them.

Worse for them is the fact that the reason they were able to retain the Senate was because the Dems faced so many challenges to their seats, while the Repugs only had to defend against a handful of challenges. That flips in 2020.

And, of course, they cheat, which has already been noted in Texas and Georgia and I’m sure more will come out in the Senate races Trump focused on knowing he’d lose the House. Plus, even if they didn’t cheat in Florida (which is a certainty that they did), it could go to a recount, with only a 34,000 vote differential (0.4%). Trump took Florida by 1.2%, which doesn’t seem like much, but the fact that it went down and not up with his presidency is a strong indicator against him for 2020 there and that’s without everything that is about to hit the fan from Mueller.

Likewise with O’Rourke in Texas, only in much starker relief. Trump beat Clinton by 9 points in Texas; incumbent Cruz only skated by with 2.6 points against an unapologetically progressive relative newcomer to the national stage and potential 2020 contender for the DNC. Not only was it an impressive test-run for Beto, but it was also a big fuck you to Trump, in spite of it nevertheless still going to Cruz.

Plus there are the facts that two prominent new voting elements have emerged; Women and “suburbans,” while all Trump had to rely on (once again) were older white guys living in rural districts. Iow, the same that already gave him the sliver to get the EC (only this time, not in the same places). So to bring them out in large enough numbers to give him a second term he’d have to reinstate 1950 for them in regard to rural jobs/manufacturing, which just ain’t going to happen.

In addition to what Koy noted above, all three states that swung the election for Trump went to Dem governor's last night, so that may be indicative of a slight turn of those states voters.

The fact remains that Obama lost 60 seats in his mid term while the Trumpet lost 26.

Due almost exclusively to a combination of racism (Tea Party); gerrymandering; a long drawn out unprecedented healthcare debacle; and one of the worst recessions in our history. What’s Trump’s excuse?

Back
Top Bottom