• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hillary Clinton

her biggest mistake was having a vagina.
That is part of the mythology around her - that people would like her just fine if she wasn't a woman.

The reality, of course, is that she would not be here if she didn't have a vagina because her entire political career is predicated upon being married to Bill.

her second biggest mistake was being involved with a powerful Democratic figure who got shit done.
Too bad Hillary didn't get the "job" done.
oWVqSC8.jpg

there's a lot of good reasons to *dislike* clinton as a politician and be indifferent to the idea of her as a presidential candidate,
No kidding.

but to *hate* her requires frothing partisan anger-boners, people who NEED to hate women and hate liberal political structures so whatever reason they come up with is really just an after-the-fact justification for the level of seething rage they feel towards her for the fact she has a twazz.
Some people hate Obama just like others hated Bush etc. I am sure even Washington had his fair share of haters. And some of that hatred was so intense it led to assassination (attempts).
Hatred of a politician certainly does not require a vagina.

Liberals don't like her because she is a right-leaning moderate who isn't very strong on civil rights.
She is rather religious for a Democrat (she is member of the shadowy "Fellowship"/"Family" Christian club for DC politicians that organizes the Prayer Breakfast). Hell Trump is less religious than her.
She is unfairly attacked on civil rights though - she did not call black people "superpredators" for example.

Notice her support for gay marriage at the last second.
That's the dance Obama was forced to dance too. For it in state senate, against in in US Senate, for it ahead of 2012 election.

She is a perfect politician and knows how to weather storms, but she seems to lack much in the way of any actual values that she holds dear. It is unfortunate that we can't combine Clinton and Sanders into a single candidate. A candidate with strongly held values and the machine to make the changes possible.

Of course, there is a reason why that isn't possible.
Pauli exclusion principle? Heisenberg uncertainty relation? Cosmic censorship hypothesis?

I hear she's dishonest - will someone tell me exactly what she has been dishonest about (I'm not talking speculation here, something solid and proven).
Well the biggest whopper is probably her landing in Bosnia under sniper fire.

Brian Williams syndrome.
She should be in jail (please tell me what laws she has broken and why she should be in jail?).
She kept classified information on a homebrew server. If not actually criminal (FBI is investigating as we speak) it is at the very least a serious enough lapse of judgment to render her a bad choice to be president.

Well the biggest whopper is probably her landing in Bosnia under sniper fire.

Brian Williams syndrome.
She should be in jail (please tell me what laws she has broken and why she should be in jail?).
She kept classified information on a homebrew server. If not actually criminal (FBI is investigating as we speak) it is at the very least a serious enough lapse of judgment to render her a bad choice to be president.

I had forgotten about that. Did you find that story from the Trump University?

That is part of the mythology around her - that people would like her just fine if she wasn't a woman.

The reality, of course, is that she would not be here if she didn't have a vagina because her entire political career is predicated upon being married to Bill.

her second biggest mistake was being involved with a powerful Democratic figure who got shit done.
Too bad Hillary didn't get the "job" done.
oWVqSC8.jpg

there's a lot of good reasons to *dislike* clinton as a politician and be indifferent to the idea of her as a presidential candidate,
No kidding.

but to *hate* her requires frothing partisan anger-boners, people who NEED to hate women and hate liberal political structures so whatever reason they come up with is really just an after-the-fact justification for the level of seething rage they feel towards her for the fact she has a twazz.
Some people hate Obama just like others hated Bush etc. I am sure even Washington had his fair share of haters. And some of that hatred was so intense it led to assassination (attempts).
Hatred of a politician certainly does not require a vagina.

It's too bad that Bill Clinton didn't embrace Donald Trump's faithfulness to his wife.

I think it is important to remember the historical context.

Just a short time before Bill Clinton began to run for President (and Hillary came along for the ride), the Soviet Union's collapse had robbed staunch American conservatives of their biggest punching bag. Islamic extremists were still viewed as "freedom fighters" in Afghanistan, and the GOP needed an enemy upon which to focus their efforts.

It's too bad that Bill Clinton didn't embrace Donald Trump's faithfulness to his wife.
You really have a hate-boner for Donald Trump, don't you?

Correct. I think that Trump is by far the most dangerous politician that we've ever had who had a legitimate shot of winning the presidency. I think that he is incredibly thin skinned, petty, explosive temper, micro-manager with zero grasp of important issues. I'm a moderate, but I'd never vote for him.

Correct. I think that Trump is by far the most dangerous politician that we've ever had who had a legitimate shot of winning the presidency. I think that he is incredibly thin skinned, petty, explosive temper, micro-manager with zero grasp of important issues. I'm a moderate, but I'd never vote for him.
I think Theocrat Ted is far more dangerous.

The Hate started back when Bill Clinton was elected and Hillary became an activist, for example on health care. She has been demonized ever since. Raw, naked hate, stirred up by people like Limbaugh, Mike the Savage Weiner, Beck et all has long been a far right cottage industry. A large number of far right books demonizing her in intemperate language has been flooding the nation for years now. It is more a sickness, like virulent anti-Semitism than a reasoned and reasonable position. Hillary is a prime example of the right wing's campaign of hate against political opponents. It's more bizarre than reasoned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_by_or_about_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton#Anti...

[h=3]Anti...[/h]
And so on.
WOW! I will say one thing for her, she is a HELLUVA lot stronger than I ever could have been.

Just a little information to add to the file. She started out with very conservative roots in her family and hometown and later became liberal in college.

Yes, I am aware of that. There is nothing unusual about following the politics of one's parents initially. She wasn't even old enough to vote for Goldwater, nor did she actually serve on his campaign.
This is so true. I supported..........Reagan.......in high school. Oh the shame! Honestly though, it was because I was young, naïve, not yet fully educated, not truly experiencing life, hanging on the words of my Dad!

See I really don't agree with this. Wouldn't a 'lapse of judgment' be seeking the advice of an astrologist to make presidential decisions? Not completely understanding hacking risk back then...not so much.

I also think that Hillary was a convenient target for the GOP when their "infotainment" arm really started getting into high gear. (Fox News, Limbaugh, etc.)

See I really don't agree with this. Wouldn't a 'lapse of judgment' be seeking the advice of an astrologist to make presidential decisions?
Nancy never ran for office. She also didn't serve as SecState.
Not completely understanding hacking risk back then...not so much.
We are not talking about 80s or even 90s here. In the late 2000s not being aware of "hacking risk" is a serious lapse of judgment.

We are not talking about 80s or even 90s here. In the late 2000s not being aware of "hacking risk" is a serious lapse of judgment.

I find it hard to believe that while getting a security clearance as a senator and then as a secretary of state that she would not have had to read and agree to various security policies. Training might go beyond just reading, too.

Playball40 said:
WOW! I will say one thing for her, she is a HELLUVA lot stronger than I ever could have been.

Same here if I were Hillary. I would have not been able to show my face again, never mind running for office, just after all of Bill's issues became public. Way too much information. Way too embarrassing.

My mother wasn't a very strong person, but she would have kicked him to the curb after all those stunts in the 80's and 90's.

her biggest mistake was having a vagina.

there's a lot of good reasons to *dislike* clinton as a politician and be indifferent to the idea of her as a presidential candidate, but to *hate* her requires frothing partisan anger-boners, people who NEED to hate women and hate liberal political structures so whatever reason they come up with is really just an after-the-fact justification for the level of seething rage they feel towards her for the fact she has a twazz.
Lots of truth to the above! She is hated because she's a moderate - just like most of the country. It shows has far right the republicans have swung.
I don't know how true that is. The Republican Party was starting to devolve around 1993, but was no where in the terrible hyper partisan shape it is now. In the mid 90s Limbaugh was a loud mouth, not a lynchpin of the Republican Party. The Politicians were partisan but didn't sound like Rush Limbaugh.

The Clintons were hated early on. And even despite a booming economy and a call to deal with bin Laden, the Republicans didn't care. With Gingrich, they seemed to make a conscious decision to make it a war against the Democrats, the nation be damned. It wasn't about politics. And now the Party has Donald Trump in the lead, with a slight chance of taking the nomination outright, and almost assuredly having the majority of votes and delegates into the convention. A man that has galvanized the racists and misogynists. Galvanized a group of people that until this election cycle, we really never knew their true colors.

The hate of Hillary Clinton is a mix of inertia, raging partisan vile, and misogyny.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea what you were aware of. And instead I get a defensive "Yes, and?"

I'm outta here.

Dude: you gotta thicken up a little!
Some posters aren't used to the "spirit" of this sub-forum.

Back
Top Bottom