• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hot July?

In Korea we've had an unusually wet summer.

Last year we used our AC for about two weeks, but this year we are using it every day. This year we aren't using it to control the temperature though, we do it almost entirely to dry out the wet sticky air. The summer monsoons just started super early this year and they seem unrelenting. There hasn't been a single weekend this year with weather favorable for visiting the ocean. I just checked the weather report and it predicts thunderstorms every day for the next two weeks straight.

Not just July.

In a couple of hours we are expected to tie the record for the most consecutive days with a high of 90+. The forecast is for two more days of 90+ weather, raising the record to 160 days.

Not just July.

In a couple of hours we are expected to tie the record for the most consecutive days with a high of 90+. The forecast is for two more days of 90+ weather, raising the record to 160 days.
Well, July where I live. The thermometer got back to normal ranges since, thank goodness. July was hell! If I wanted 90+ degrees for half a month, there are states I could move to for that.

Have family in Phoenix and apparently it is finally getting under 100 degrees way later than typical. The SW has had a very hot 2020.

Not just July.

Followup: Failed--we only tied the 158 day record. Now we are going to rebound--25 degree drop by Monday.

Just saw this thread--working from home was a hot sticky mess many days from mid-May to late October.

It's summer here in Brisbane, a week or two early.

We've gone from warm and dry to hot and wet, with storms forecast all week.

It's not common for this sub-tropical stormy weather to start before November, and in the past it's often not arrived until the end of December.

It's most likely due to the La Niña condition in the Specific Ocean, as much as due to global climate change (although obviously there's a relationship between ENSO and global warming, but not a straightforward one). Ocean surface temperatures in the Coral Sea are already very high for this time of year, and we could well be in for a very severe cyclone season.

Back
Top Bottom