• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can a politician have as much power as possible?

I am wondering how can a politician who is elected to congress have as much power as possible. What can that person do to make sure that they have as much power and influence as possible when they are in congress.
Study President Xi of the PRC. Of course the PRC is not congress but it is their equivalent. Xi is probably the most powerful politician who has ever walked the earth, even much more powerful than Mao Zedong:

Xi has purged the Chinese political system of anyone who can form thoughts and potentially challenge his power, leaving him as the judge, jury, executioner, and everything else of importance in China. Even if Xi happened to be the smartest person in the world (which I won’t even comment on), he is still human.

I would also study Lyndon Johnson who was regarded as one of the most effective POTUS who could pass legislation with both sides of congress.

I am wondering how can a politician who is elected to congress have as much power as possible. What can that person do to make sure that they have as much power and influence as possible when they are in congress.
Study President Xi of the PRC. Of course the PRC is not congress but it is their equivalent. Xi is probably the most powerful politician who has ever walked the earth, even much more powerful than Mao Zedong:

Xi has purged the Chinese political system of anyone who can form thoughts and potentially challenge his power, leaving him as the judge, jury, executioner, and everything else of importance in China. Even if Xi happened to be the smartest person in the world (which I won’t even comment on), he is still human.

Why do you believe this random blog?

No one person is running everything in China. Xi is currently beholden to far more influences than constrained Mao, and is certainly not the most powerful politician in history. Not even close.

No one person is running everything in China. Xi is currently beholden to far more influences than constrained Mao, and is certainly not the most powerful politician in history. Not even close.
An interesting aspect of eastern politics is that the power never lives where the public message says it does.

There are people who make Xi dance like a puppet, for sure.

Fundamentally, Xi's limits are in trying to avoid revolution. He's removed any logical successors from internal sources, but the people can still rebel. We almost saw it happen in 1989, with the internet disseminating information far more effectively than anything of the day 1989 might have overthrown the government. Too loose, he fails to stop problems. Too tight, people are unhappy, problems.

There is also the problem that they based their system on 7% growth--they were able to maintain that for a long time as they caught up, but that growth rate has never been sustained by a society that isn't behind. We are seeing the house of cards failing--who knows how bad the crash will be?

You know what Caesar & Stalin have in common? Both of their countries went to shit after they died because of centralized power.

Back
Top Bottom