• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can a politician have as much power as possible?

NightHawkBuzz

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Republican
I am wondering how can a politician who is elected to congress have as much power as possible. What can that person do to make sure that they have as much power and influence as possible when they are in congress.

I am wondering how can a politician who is elected to congress have as much power as possible. What can that person do to make sure that they have as much power and influence as possible when they are in congress.

Do whatever you think you can get away with without going to prison. You'll want to balance this based on how much you have to spend on legal fees.

There are folks who follow the rules to the letter. Folks with varying degrees of morality who interpret the rules to advantage themselves. And those who calculate the likelihood of going to prison for breaking a given rule. Who do you think has the real power?

If you're looking for specifics, there are none. One must live by their cunning and craftiness in deceitful schemes.

From the acts of many of our politicians I think the answer is selling their soul to Santa.

[violent joke removed per TOU ] When you’re the last one, you’ll have ALL THE POWER MWAHAHAHA!

You work with others.
DON’T LISTEN TO HIM! ^ That’s the democrats way. You don’t want to be like them!

Seriously, if what you want is power, watch the congressional Republicans. They’re kinda like you, Buzz - a bunch of selfish, angry assholes with no interest in governance, just interested in power. So if you want power, emulate them!
* If Trump gets some applause with a line, for instance, you should repeat it. Ad nauseum, like Trump does.
* ALWAYS promise whatever people want, and make sure to say, clearly and powerfully, that YOU ALONE can provide it. That really works well with Teh Stoopids.
* Lie through your teeth about anyone who opposes you, and try to ruin their lives if you can.
* Cheat and steal whenever and however you can- it's the Republican Murkin way!
MOST IMPORTANT:
* Don’t get bogged down in all that legislation BS. It can only cause you headaches, and it requires actual work, which takes away from your power grabbing time.

Good luck Buzz. I hope you don’t forget about us peons when you have
ALL THE POWER!!’

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Don't be a politician. Be a Koch brother.
2. If you choose to be a politician, secretly tell everyone else you are on their side. But surreptitiously start a war on planet Naboo. Get Queen Amydala to start a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. Then take control, eventually save everyone from the war you control, but kill off the Jedi in the process. That's secret Order #66 you have to tell the Storm Troopers.

There are only so many aristocratic families, you need to start thinking about which one you're going to marry into. You will never hold power like you describe personally, but your grandchildren have a chance if you plan your long game well.

1. Don't be a politician. Be a Koch brother.
2. If you choose to be a politician, secretly tell everyone else you are on their side. But surreptitiously start a war on planet Naboo. Get Queen Amydala to start a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. Then take control, eventually save everyone from the war you control, but kill off the Jedi in the process. That's secret Order #66 you have to tell the Storm Troopers.
You don't tell the stormtroopers, silly. You put a chip in their brains.

There are only so many aristocratic families, you need to start thinking about which one you're going to marry into. You will never hold power like you describe personally, but your grandchildren have a chance if you plan your long game well.

There are even fewer real aristocratic families if you don’t count people like the Trump Crime Family, headed by a guy who inherited a half billion today dollars, blew it all, got lucky with a TV show and has grifted, stolen and conned billions ever since.
No, Buzz, you don’t want to try to marry into something like that unless you’re okay with your SO being away all the time.

There are even fewer real aristocratic families if you don’t count people like the Trump Crime Family, headed by a guy who inherited a half billion today dollars, blew it all, got lucky with a TV show and has grifted, stolen and conned billions ever since.
If Trump were from old money, his ascent to power would not have been so controversial or disruptive in the first place. No stint on Hollywood, no games courting the far right, no elections for that matter. Had he been born Theodore John Donnelly rather than Donald John Trump, he would simply have stepped into a provided policymaking position without any need for public posturing or populist pandering. You'd never have had any reason to learn his name at all unless you worked for one of his companies.

king-history.png

I find this powerhungry schtick profoundly disturbing.
Thread after thread after thread about “how can I have power over other people and even kill some of them”

It’s deeply wrong.

I find this powerhungry schtick profoundly disturbing.
Thread after thread after thread about “how can I have power over other people and even kill some of them”

It’s deeply wrong.
Well, YEAH!!!
The “2nd Amendment Solution” to Buzz’s crippling and dangerous expressed desires that was edited out of my post above, was meant as a bigass red flag. If I knew someone who knew him I’d be speaking with them.
Elsewhere someone mentioned that he’s all over discussion forums spewing this same weird retributive ambition.
Reeks of a plea for help IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom