• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How can you defend this?

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Warning!!!

This is technically not NSFW. But I most certainly would not watch it at work.

And also a trigger warning for a whole lot of things.

And this is the tame version, a lot of things are narrated rather than shown. Israel has screened the real one for various reporters but AFIAK not released it.

How can "you" defend what? You haven't told anyone what is in the video.

Also, who is the "you" you are referring to? Has anyone here defended what is depicted/described in that video, or are you picking a fight with a strawman?

I can't watch it. It says it's age-restricted. I haven't been told that in decades.

I can't watch it. It says it's age-restricted. I haven't been told that in decades.
Well Israel has screened it, so you should just accept whatever it says!

I'm sure it's totally objective.

Loren, I don't know what it is (I suspect it's a catalog of Hamas atrocities), but - did someone here defend it?
Maybe a little more specificity of your own question or claim would be helpful.

Loren - you owe this thread:
  1. A summary of what’s in the video
  2. Your statement of what it means to you (what is being “defended”)
  3. Who is the “you” and when they said they defended this, whatever it is.

You know perfectly well no one should have to leave this site to engage in a discussion here. You’ve provided nothing to discuss.

On behalf of Loren Pechtel, I am going to make some inferences here about the content of the video and what the heck he is talking about in the op post.

I just noticed he posted this thread way back on May 1st, no one responded. I never even noticed the thread. I observe he mentioned it recently, trying to bump it in the Columbia protests thread. Here is that post:
Still zero replies to my thread about some of their misdeeds.

So I think we can make some reasonable inferences here:
  • 1. Loren had an earlier version of the same types of things from the recently released video, but since he says it's not NSFW, it might be toned down or not. In any case, the content is most likely similar in nature and likely includes some of the same footage.
  • 2. Next, his op title question "How can you defend this?" is most likely directed at anyone critical in any way whatsoever of the right-wing Israeli govt response to Oct 7th, which includes 36K Gazan deaths. I make this inference because, in other threads, Loren's used language such as:
    • accusing a poster of always taking Hamas' side who doesn't do that at all;
    • sarcastically writing "But they're Jews, they aren't innocent," implying that other posters are automatically taking a Jews are always guilty stance;
    • responding "You refuse to believe anything bad about Hamas I take it?"
    • and finally, "Israel has unfortunately adopted a policy of apologizing for acts which would be wrong before determining if they even happened..." meaning even if Israel says they are wrong, they are not wrong, you anti-Semite!

On behalf of Loren Pechtel, I am going to make some inferences here about the content of the video and what the heck he is talking about in the op post.

I just noticed he posted this thread way back on May 1st, no one responded. I never even noticed the thread. I observe he mentioned it recently, trying to bump it in the Columbia protests thread. Here is that post:
  • 2. Next, his op title question "How can you defend this?" is most likely directed at anyone critical in any way whatsoever of the right-wing Israeli govt response to Oct 7th, which includes 36K Gazan deaths. I make this inference because, in other threads, Loren's used language such as:
    • accusing a poster of always taking Hamas' side who doesn't do that at all;
    • sarcastically writing "But they're Jews, they aren't innocent," implying that other posters are automatically taking a Jews are always guilty stance;
    • responding "You refuse to believe anything bad about Hamas I take it?"
    • and finally, "Israel has unfortunately adopted a policy of apologizing for acts which would be wrong before determining if they even happened..." meaning even if Israel says they are wrong, they are not wrong, you anti-Semite!

Spot-on. It is a common trope among ardent supporters of Israel that any criticism of the government of that nation automatically means you're a rabid, terrorist-loving anti-Semite.

Rather than write out a long, drawn-out response, I'll just do what Loren could not, and post a video we can all watch. It is a bit long....okay, it's VERY long...but worth watching if you think everyone who dares criticize Netanyahu's response to October 7th automatically supports Hamas. (he addresses this about 8 minutes in if you don't want to watch the whole thing)

Now, who's up for some Jimmy John's?

How about this: I stand with the Jews of Israel who oppose their government; I stand with the Jews of the world who believe that Palestine should be free and handled fairly in international affairs; I stand with the Jews of the world who oppose all political forces calling for anyone to commit violent acts of retribution.

I also stand with all the non-jew people who believe those things, but I have to make it explicit about the Jews lest I seem antisemitic.

I watched the 1st couple of minutes . The footage of destroyed Israeli buildings is pretty ironic as well as horrifying. The narration is pretty Trumpian - “they said that” etc….

As propaganda, I’d rate it as a C. As a passive aggressive ad hom against those horrified by the unnecessary death, destruction and misery inflicted on civilians of all types, I’d rate it a B+.

I watched the 1st couple of minutes . The footage of destroyed Israeli buildings is pretty ironic as well as horrifying. The narration is pretty Trumpian - “they said that” etc….

As propaganda, I’d rate it as a C. As a passive aggressive ad hom against those horrified by the unnecessary death, destruction and misery inflicted on civilians of all types, I’d rate it a B+.
Do you not realize it was about the sexual violence??

Do you not realize it was about the sexual violence??
It is about propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom