• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How do we know what Jesus said when no one was there, anyway?

You ignore the fact that the bible gives a description of the attributes of both jealousy and love, both what they are and what they are not.....hence your rationale does not work;

Who is God jealous of? Its not mankind obviously so how evil is it , in context?
(Satan is jealous of mankind which sounds more non-loving (to us) as the theology follows)

No, Satan is _envious_ of mankind.
God is _jealous_ of his role as top dog.

You are absolutely right. It is a bad habit with many people, easily interchanging jealousy with Envy (if the difference is not realised or not known). I hardly hear envious used as I do jealousy in all relatable situations.

But yes Satan is "envious" (what someone else has) which also differentiates God from Satan (its often said they're the same types). Makes it clearer especially the argument ; God is jealous.

God is not Envious
Love is not Envious

Indeed. It’s a.... contradiction

contradiction-lite (in relation to the "whole" bible).

Sweet Merciful Crap. They just moved the embassy securing Israel’s rulership over Jerusalem. Trump is the Messiah!?

Oh dear, it would seem you're almost giving a suggestion that Trump is to be the anti-christ (without realizing perhaps) but I don't doubt there must people who are saying this anyway. Obviously it is supposed to be according to the sequence of events written: Jesus appears only after the false messiah appears on the scene first.

Indeed. It’s a.... contradiction

contradiction-lite (in relation to the "whole" bible).

Sweet Merciful Crap. They just moved the embassy securing Israel’s rulership over Jerusalem. Trump is the Messiah!?

Oh dear, it would seem you're almost giving a suggestion that Trump is to be the anti-christ (without realizing perhaps) but I don't doubt there must people who are saying this anyway. Obviously it is supposed to be according to the sequence of events written: Jesus appears only after the false messiah appears on the scene first.

This is getting interesting. Learner, could Nostrodamus's "blue turban" be that ubiquitous blue suit the POTUS always wears?

And what about the "final trump."

It's just toooooo funny! I can still hear the Almighty saying to Moses:

GOD: Don't worry yourself, it's like I keep telling you, you'll get an aneurysm, and then I'll have to wait more. I don't like waiting. It's bad for the digestion.
Moses: LORD, what's an anyeh... an anyer... isum?
GOD: Haven't I told you, what, a thousand times, you ask too many questions? Listen, I got it all worked out. Relax.
Moses: Easy for you to say...because...ahem..you're Gawd...
GOD: Don't be such a wiseacre, it doesn't suit you. Go and get some sleep, maybe a nice piece gefilte. And have some wine. Lighten up.
Moses: I don't like carp. I told you what, ten, ten thousand times since last Shabbot...sheeesuz...
GOD: [aside] Oy. These thick-necked people. Why do I give myself such trouble?

GOD: Lee J. Cobb
Moses: Woody Allen

How much you wanna to bet I'll create my own version of the Old Testament, within 30 days? Let's see the cabbage on the table.

:rimshot:

Last edited:
No, Satan is _envious_ of mankind.
God is _jealous_ of his role as top dog.

You are absolutely right. It is a bad habit with many people, easily interchanging jealousy with Envy (if the difference is not realised or not known). I hardly hear envious used as I do jealousy in all relatable situations.

But yes Satan is "envious" (what someone else has) which also differentiates God from Satan (its often said they're the same types). Makes it clearer especially the argument ; God is jealous.

God is not Envious
Love is not Envious

Bible verse specifies Jealousy.

''For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.'' - Deuteronomy 4:24

Back
Top Bottom