• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Scientology Started

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Blech. More dirt on the "church", straight from the horse's great grandson.

L. Ron Hubbard's Great-Grandson Spills The Family Secrets On How Scientology Started. Eek.
Scientology has a history of silencing critics. If you want to know where that history comes from, look no further than the experiences of Jamie DeWolf, the great-grandson of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. Learn his family's story. Then share it.

At 1:46, we learn about L. Ron's dream to con everyone. At 3:40, we hear about the horrifying threats. At 5:42, the church takes the family secrets. At 7:00, I laugh.

How these gangsters have been able to maintain tax-exempt status I'll never understand.

Just thought I'd mention that he was not yet born when L. Ron started the cult. Also, pulp writing paid a penny a word, not a penny a page. :p

The cult got tax exemption by flooding the IRS with lawsuits brought by individual Scientologists. Over 2,000 of them.

The clip offers in entertainment value what it lacks in intellectual worth to the point it would insult the intelligence of a baboon. His generalized claims produce nothing 'new' or specific, or supported.
Jamie DeWolf was born in 1977. His father Ron De Wolf by his own admission lived with his mother/Hubbard’s estranged wife and had no direct contact with his father. Ron De Wolf his own admissions states he was only associated with L. Ron Hubbard 1951 to 1959 when he was in the Church of Scientology himself.

The clip offers in entertainment value what it lacks in intellectual worth to the point it would insult the intelligence of a baboon. His generalized claims produce nothing 'new' or specific, or supported.
Jamie DeWolf was born in 1977. His father Ron De Wolf by his own admission lived with his mother/Hubbard’s estranged wife and had no direct contact with his father. Ron De Wolf his own admissions states he was only associated with L. Ron Hubbard 1951 to 1959 when he was in the Church of Scientology himself.

Ya, but if he travelled through time and/or remembered the details of a previous life he was living in the 50s, then he could have direct knowledge of the events.

Ya, but if he travelled through time and/or remembered the details of a previous life he was living in the 50s, then he could have direct knowledge of the events.

I don't know, I detect a tinge of sarcasm; are you saying scientologists at a high enough level can't actually perform magic like they claim they can? I'm shocked.

I don't know, I detect a tinge of sarcasm; are you saying scientologists at a high enough level can't actually perform magic like they claim they can? I'm shocked.

That makes no sense. Clears have said that they can do magic and Clears don't lie. Therefore, it must be true.

The clip offers in entertainment value what it lacks in intellectual worth ...

So - you're "easily entertained". Did anyone expect otherwise? I don't see you taking issue with any of the specifics... not that I wonder why.

The clip offers in entertainment value what it lacks in intellectual worth ...

So - you're "easily entertained". Did anyone expect otherwise? I don't see you taking issue with any of the specifics... not that I wonder why.

The man is a prize winning poet. The audience was entertained and for sure he put on a good act. However he never knew Hubbard first hand and what he says can easily be taken out of Russel Miller's book. Nor does it show any dirt on anything.

The man is a prize winning poet. The audience was entertained and for sure he put on a good act. However he never knew Hubbard first hand and what he says can easily be taken out of Russel Miller's book. Nor does it show any dirt on anything.

Gee wp, I never expected you to show up and insinuate that $camology wasn't a made-up bunch of crap masquerading as a religion for tax benefits, at the expense of its dupes and us taxpayers alike. I'm shocked, I tell you - shocked!

Gee wp, I never expected you to show up and insinuate that $camology wasn't a made-up bunch of crap masquerading as a religion for tax benefits, at the expense of its dupes and us taxpayers alike. I'm shocked, I tell you - shocked!
Did I say anything about religion or tax benefits?

He's just pointing out your defending a criminal, lying, fraudulent, destructive cult, as usual.

He's just pointing out your defending a criminal, lying, fraudulent, destructive cult, as usual.

No, I was saying correctly that De Wolfe never knew Hubbard, and therefore cannot speak from any first hand experience. Since your statement has no basis in fact, (though reflects some opinionated concepts that are immune to logic :beatdeadhorse:) your enfeebled statement is somewhat of a Straw man. In fact it's so limp I will call it a straw donkey. Where's Xaxxat? (excuse my spelling as I haven't posted for sometime).

Defend, defend, defend. You're going to end up in the ethics office at this rate, Which.

LRH was a hack scifi writer who penned Dianetics, a hodge podge of philosophy, mysticism, and psychology.

He copied the skin galvanometer from lie detectors oft he day and a called it an E-Meter.

It all morphed into Scientology.

Akin to Korzibski's synthesis ofGeneral Semantics.

There arereported links to Aleister Crowley who startedan occult religion. He was the generation before LRH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

'...Several Western esoteric traditionsother than Thelema were also influenced by Crowley. Gerald Gardner,founder of Gardnerian Wicca, made use of much of Crowley's publishedmaterial when composing the Gardnerian ritual liturgy,[270] and theAustralian witch Rosaleen Norton was also heavily influenced byCrowley's ideas.[271] L. Ron Hubbard, the American founder ofScientology, was involved in Thelema in the early 1940s (with JackParsons), and it has been argued that Crowley's ideas influenced someof his early work.[272] Two prominent figures in religious Satanism,Anton LaVey and Michael Aquino, were also aware of Crowley's work,and had conflicting thoughts on it.[273] Psychologist and psychedelicguru Timothy Leary openly acknowledged the inspiration of AleisterCrowley.[274]..'

1900 through the 1960s saw a rise inoccultism and spiritualism. LRH was one of a number who capitalizedon it. He was not unique, just one of the more well known.

There was T Lobsang Rampa who still hasfollowers today despite his being outed as a fake. He wrote booksallegedly about his experience in an earlier reincarnation as aTibetan monk. I read The Third Eye in the 60s as a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobsang_Rampa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

No, I was saying correctly that De Wolfe never knew Hubbard

Yes, Hylidae is correct. You are defending a scurrilous bunch of fraudsters. That is true no matter who De Wolfe knew or didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom