• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should I respond to persons who embrace trump's voting conspiracy?

It only works when the subject has the mental capacity to see equivalences in otherwise unrelated arguments.

Many who had that capability sacrificed it on the altar of Trumpism.

It only works when the subject has the mental capacity to see equivalences in otherwise unrelated arguments.

Many who had that capability sacrificed it on the altar of Trumpism.

I think I get the gist of your post but just for accuracy's sake I would be more tempted to believe that they didn't presently have the capacity to begin with. Someone who is taller does not give up their height to be less tall.

What makes a trumper is a physical, cognitive condition more than it is a choice. Not that that cannot change given the right conditions, our brains are quite plastic. So I think trying to seriously discuss the point with a hardcore trumper is the equivalent of banging one's head against a wall to make an opening. Just don't waste the effort, be smarter.

What makes a trumper is a physical, cognitive condition more than it is a choice..

So you're arguing nature over nurture.
I disagree - the fact that they tend to clump together in regions supports the nurture side.

What makes a trumper is a physical, cognitive condition more than it is a choice..

I disagree - the fact that they tend to clump together in regions supports the nurture side.

I don't disagree with you, but it is also true that populations that lack cultural diversity also lack genetic diversity, so those clumps may very well be genetic as well as cultural (they tend to go hand-in-hand).

I don't disagree with you, but it is also true that populations that lack cultural diversity also lack genetic diversity, so those clumps may very well be genetic as well as cultural (they tend to go hand-in-hand).

Don't know why that strikes me as funny... is it because it's probably true or because I have been terminally warped by the events of the last four years?

Don't know why that strikes me as funny... is it because it's probably true or because I have been terminally warped by the events of the last four years?

Ain't we all...

Generally speaking, the brain is pretty plastic. Even given genetic constraints different regions of the brain respond by enlarging or shrinking, giving rise to specific behaviors. The external changes and differences we see across our species are a reflection of internal differences. The Trumptard phenomenon certainly has organic markers, that much is certain.

I heard Trumpers are like Slinkies.
They're basically useless, but they still make you smile when you push one down a flight of stairs.

Generally speaking, the brain is pretty plastic. Even given genetic constraints different regions of the brain respond by enlarging or shrinking, giving rise to specific behaviors. The external changes and differences we see across our species are a reflection of internal differences. The Trumptard phenomenon certainly has organic markers, that much is certain.

One could even invoke Lamarckism to further co-mingle the effects of nature and nurture. :)

Pennsylvania Trump supporter charged with voter fraud

A Pennsylvania man has been charged with illegally casting a ballot for President Trump in the name of his deceased mother in this year's presidential election, authorities announced on Monday.

Bruce Bartman faces two felony counts of perjury and one count of unlawful voting after casting an absentee ballot for Trump in the name of Elizabeth Bartman, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

“In his political frustration, he chose to do something stupid,” Samuel Stretton, Bartman's lawyer, told the newspaper. “And for that he is very sorry.”

District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer told reporters at a news conference Bartman admitted he was able to register his dead mother to vote online and request an absentee ballot in her name, which he filled out and submitted.

Bartman was also able to secure an absentee ballot in the name of his mother-in-law, who is also deceased, but did not cast a ballot in her name.

A Pennsylvania man has been charged with illegally casting a ballot for President Trump in the name of his deceased mother in this year's presidential election, authorities announced on Monday.

Bruce Bartman faces two felony counts of perjury and one count of unlawful voting after casting an absentee ballot for Trump in the name of Elizabeth Bartman, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

“In his political frustration, he chose to do something stupid,” Samuel Stretton, Bartman's lawyer, told the newspaper. “And for that he is very sorry.”

District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer told reporters at a news conference Bartman admitted he was able to register his dead mother to vote online and request an absentee ballot in her name, which he filled out and submitted.

Bartman was also able to secure an absentee ballot in the name of his mother-in-law, who is also deceased, but did not cast a ballot in her name.

Let's be honest, this guy is only very sorry - because he got caught!

Let's be honest, this guy is only very sorry - because he got caught!

How do we know the Democrats didn't pay him to make Republicans look bad?

Engaging With Trump’s Die-Hard Supporters Isn’t Productive
The loyalists who still cling to conspiracy theories should be deprived of the attention they seek.

Nonetheless, ordinary people worn out by the dramas and lies of the past four years have a right to refuse to take Trump’s most enthusiastic supporters seriously. To reject further debate with people whose views are completely incoherent is not only understandable, but sensible.

I am not talking about all 74 million people who voted for Trump. Some voters may well have supported Trump in both 2016 and 2020 with a sense of hesitancy, perhaps focused on a single issue, such as abortion, or because they were making a raw and self-interested calculation about taxes. Trump picked these voters up from Republican campaigns that came before him, and he will bequeath them to the Republican candidates who come after him. Some of these voters, as we learned this year, can be persuaded to reject candidates such as Trump.

Instead, I am talking about the people who are giving Trump their full-throated support to the very end, even as he mulls a military coup; the people who buy weird paintings of Trump crossing the Delaware, or who believe that Trump is an agent of Jesus Christ, or who think that Trump is fighting a blood-drinking ring of pedophiles. These supporters have gone far beyond political loyalty and have succumbed to a kind of mass delusion. It is not possible to engage them. Indeed, to argue with them is to legitimize their beliefs, which itself is unhealthy for our democracy.

'Going to get ugly': Trump supporter uses his work email to threaten ‘mass execution of public officials’

Michigan state Rep. Laurie Pohutsky (D) on Tuesday called out a supporter of President Donald Trump who sent a threatening email to lawmakers.

"This was sent to my office this evening from Randall Yaeger, who chose to send it from his work email at Yaeger Construction. This email has already been sent to the authorities," Pohutsky said in a Facebook post.

Yaeger's email repeated debunked claims of massive voter fraud and warned that "American voters will now be forced to change our government officials with bullets instead of ballots."

The threatening email also "predicts" that the "mass execution" of public officials will begin "very soon" unless Trump is given a second term as president.

'Going to get ugly': Trump supporter uses his work email to threaten ‘mass execution of public officials’

Michigan state Rep. Laurie Pohutsky (D) on Tuesday called out a supporter of President Donald Trump who sent a threatening email to lawmakers.

"This was sent to my office this evening from Randall Yaeger, who chose to send it from his work email at Yaeger Construction. This email has already been sent to the authorities," Pohutsky said in a Facebook post.

Yaeger's email repeated debunked claims of massive voter fraud and warned that "American voters will now be forced to change our government officials with bullets instead of ballots."

The threatening email also "predicts" that the "mass execution" of public officials will begin "very soon" unless Trump is given a second term as president.

Clearly psycho material. Someone's reptilian brain is obviously in control and likes pushing that pleasure paddle. Maybe a cell with Bubba will help get his higher brain functions working again.

Back
Top Bottom